Brand new Michael Schenker Group, HUH, I thought he was about to hang it up....

That first tune has a real Dio vibe, which is not a bad thing - the singer sounds great. Didn't care for the second tune as much, but still very good and it's so great to hear the mighty Schenker producing music at such a high level after all these years.

Michael still has chops, but all of his music, & especially solos, now a days sound so generic & by the numbers.

His old solos where so melodic, with a beginning, middle & end.

Now they all sound like throw away solos & riffs.

I hadn't heard anything about him possibly hanging it up .Haven't been crazy about his last few albums but he remains active and a favorite
Happy Birthday Michael

Last edited:
Who else fast forwarded to to the solo?
I did lol. Huge fan of his but the newer stuff is sort of meh. I do like that he is active though, gives him an excuse to play mostly the old stuff live. He has such a unique style. It's like we know the scales he uses and the bends he uses but his long deep vibrato and ability to get this mid forward tone out of his solos is remarkable. He's def a tone in the fingers guy. Unless he is playing with the cocked wah again but I don't hear that. It is the combo of how he sets his amps and gear but also his attack. Some cool phrasing in the first solo but a bit out of context of the feel of the tune. Seeing as I fast forwarded to the solo though ...doesn't much matter !

Love MS! The first singer reminds me of the Gioelli guy from Hardline. Rolf Scheepers is an amazing singer as well.

Michael still has chops, but all of his music, & especially solos, now a days sound so generic & by the numbers.

His old solos where so melodic, with a beginning, middle & end.

Now they all sound like throw away solos & riffs.

totally agree. its even got that flat generic production sound where nothing really jumps out. sounds like a kemper and same old drum samples everyone in metal uses these days, since no one has an album budget anymore.

rock n roll is young man's game
MS is pushing 70 at this point and he is slightly crackers based on his interviews the last 3-4 years
he made his mark with UFO and his first batch of incredible solo albums not to mention the first scorpions record at age 15
i am thankful he is still working and not all fucked up and impaired like he was in the mid 2000s
he seems egotistical and narcissistic in many of his recent interviews and we all know how he is hung up on bad mouthing rudolph which really sucks since we will never get a schenker brothers album once the scorpions retire in 2099:doh:

I seen him live for the first time in 2018. he can be as egotistical as he wants IMO, not too many young guns let a alone a 70 year old can play like him, with feel, monster vibrato and his sense melodic structure and how he integrates solos and intros and outros within songs not to mention his unmistakable riffs.

his newer stuff is kinda rehashed but he always has those moments of fluidity where you you just say, WOW!:worship:

It was a real treat to watch him play live after all those years of listening to a musical genius.

Back