Bridge pup for my Les Paul Custom

ultimatemetalguitartones

I'm looking for a bridge pup - tight p muting / articulate and fast attack - mainly old thrash late 80s 90s rhythm stuff. I got a SD Black Winter installed but I don't know if I like it.. I mean it's tight enough but it's a bit edgy and maybe it's got more upper mids that I 'm used to. Gonna try a Gibson 500t soon. Not necessarily looking for a high output pup as my 2C+ has more than enough gain. Any other suggestions? Thanks
322478259_714929280162689_3980862839357353885_n.jpg
323358926_479237720953363_9002741128022162587_n.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Rebel Yell in an LP that rips...Tight, fast attack, but it is heavy in the upper mids.

Jim Wagner Iron Man? I have one in a superstrat and it's tits for thrashy stuff if you want a more open/less compressed fell.

Last edited:
Never head of the iron Man but I will check it for sure! Any experience with Cold Sweat?
Yeah the Mayo I have came stock with a cold sweat. It was good too but I like the Duncan Distortion and Painkiller better and swapped both those into that guitar then later the Iron Man. Iron Man's been in there for like 3 years now.

I tried the Balck winter twice in several guitars and just don't like it. Like the DD MUCH more.

I'm looking for a bridge pup - tight p muting / articulate and fast attack - mainly old thrash late 80s 90s rhythm stuff. I got a SD Black Winter installed but I don't know if I like it.. I mean it's tight enough but it's a bit edgy and maybe it's got more upper mids that I 'm used to. Gonna try a Gibson 500t soon. Not necessarily looking for a high output pup as my 2C+ has more than enough gain. Any other suggestions? ThanksView attachment 154504View attachment 154507
500T or Tonenerd PSykes. Both will fit the bill and what I have in my Customs.

I Want to Fondle that Guitar in an Inappropriate way. I'd suggest the Aldrich or the MCP Afwayu or MCP Solution. BKP Alnico Nailbomb would be great too. Even the SD SH-5 Custom or the SD Custom 5 which i believe is SH-14. The SD Alternative 8 Works great for that too.

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
Suhr Aldrich
Duncan JB
Gibson 500T

Those 3 are ones I used personally in my LP Custom and they sound great for what the OP is looking for.

However, I am dying to try a Dimarzio Super Distortion in my LP Custom, so add that one to the possibilities - a classic!

I put a Psykes in mine and really, really love it. But I put a Roxy in a RR5 and it’s killer too.

But I’m a Marshall lover and you’re more a Mesa guy so I’m not sure which would be better for you. The Psykes somehow seems to have a lot of everything…but not too much of anything. But it is pretty hot.

Back