Bridge pup for my Les Paul Custom

• Thread starter Thread starter ultimatemetalguitartones
  • Start date Start date
Aldrich absolutely kills in my les paul, love it to death. Also never understood the 500t hate, that thing rules hard to me everytime I’ve played a guitar with it in it. Cattle decapitation guys been using the aldrich for years, it’s for sure tight and articulate enough.

Damn, maybe I should have ordered one of these Aldrich pickups instead of the JB?? How much does this pickup cost?

Damn, maybe I should have ordered one of these Aldrich pickups instead of the JB?? How much does this pickup cost?

$150. A bit on the pricier side for pickups, but it’s fucking worth it. I’m not sure I’ve ever said that about a pickup before.

$150. A bit on the pricier side for pickups, but it’s fucking worth it. I’m not sure I’ve ever said that about a pickup before.
THIS. The Suhr Aldrich is a great desert island pickup. I've never gotten tired of it. Sounds great in parallel and split, too.

U guyz ever tried the early DiMarzio super distortion?

FWIW, this is a song I tracked last week, all the distorted guitars were the Orville w/ the Aldrich. It’s quad tracked (AxeFX- Nitro, Quickrod, JPIIC+ and a Mark IV) with no post-EQ (aside from a cunt hair of hi pass to round off the pick attack) and the clarity of that pickup mixed with the shift to the lower mids just makes for a really pleasing experience blending amps/stacking tracks. I normally end up fucking with the 1k quite a bit, either adding more or taking it away, so it was cool when I was done that I didn’t have to do shit for this.

Bit of a Ryche vibe with this one (jump to 1:24 for the distorted guitars to come in)

Back