Buxom Boost into PT-20 V2...

napalmdeath

Is magic. I have several boost pedals, and picked up a Buxom Boost. Into the PT, it's like a match made in heaven. Sounds incredible!

I've wanted to try a BB for awhile now, also the Haunting Mids seems like it would be great as a boost.

Is magic. I have several boost pedals, and picked up a Buxom Boost. Into the PT, it's like a match made in heaven. Sounds incredible!
I almost bought ur ptv2 u just sold - ive already had one but was about to try it again at ur price. What did u replace it wifh?

How many buxoms have you had now...not busting balls, asking in general curiosity. I might have to revisit one for this latest amp. The tight and mids knob were awesome from what I recall when I had one.

At last weekends gig I used my '79 JMP 2204 which has a Hot Mod. Rare outing as I typically gig with a Friedman. When I turned the boost up above 1/2 way I was getting a squealing sound like a pig with a hot poker up its ass. Amp gain was on 6 with the Hot Mod in the lower gain setting, no bass boost. Maybe it was too much into the front end. No problem using my Maxon 808. I have a DSM and want a Runt 20 head or PT-2 next. Love all things Friedman.

I just got back on my old SD-1 trip. It just sounds so great. I had to turn up the tight control on my BB and push the treble up almost fully to get in the ballpark, still the BB had way more low end. I managed to get the same frequency response from an MXR 10 band as the SD-1 without the clipping compression, sounds really cool into an amp already kinda high gain.

Back