Cameron Amplifiers, How about some real answers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't this same guy post a troll thread just like this a few months ago and then when it imploded he was over on HC laughing with his buddies? Same old troll shit by the same people nearly every time......

steve_k":1xrmlun7 said:
Not ripping the $29.95 mod, but, this is some pretty funny shit....to lighten things up.

Billy Fuckin' Blades here doing his Cameron-Sammy Sosa Blades Mod.

Made my night. :LOL: :LOL:

Watched a couple of Billy blades Youtube clips....that dont sound too bad. ;)
Its just funny for him to sell his 'mods' as Official "Cameron" mods... :LOL: :LOL:

End of the day tired, just got in, cracked a beer and now I am doing this....

This will be the last time I post this...

First off for the record, Cameron Amplifiers LLC is myself, Rob Navarette (Tone Merchants) & Dave Friedman (Racksystems Ltd). As I said before Mark Cameron is not a part of the company was never part of the company and will never be part of the company.

Here is your Q & A: My replies will be in Blue.

These are all serious questions that need answering.

You said you would get the amp to the people who paid previously by taking it out of the money that Mark would get as a consultant. You have sold several What happened to that money?

A: This is correct, our plan all along was to withhold money for his per amp licensing fee and hold that aside in a fund to build the amps Mark had collected on and never built long before we showed up. He completely agreed to this arrangement and said he wanted to get those guys their amps but had no means or resources to do so. Ok so far so good...that was the plan. We sold 25 amps in the first run and alls we had to do was build them and deliver them.

The Problem: From Day 1 Mark would call us and say he needed money daily, money for daily living, money for rent, money for health reasons, money for food, money for whatever the fuck... See we were supposed to be holding back Marks money but instead he was getting thrown out every month, the power company was turning off the power and wanted over $1000 to turn it back on yada yada yada...So we gave in as we didnt want to see him on the street and we paid for all of this crap and I personally took him grocery shopping, took him to Target to buy clothes, took him to the bank and deposited money to open him a checking account, took him to ATT and bought him a phone and put it on our account and on on...We kept track of all of it and added it to the money to hold back, this money came from us personally and what was supposed to be held back from Marks "consulting fee" adds up quick, hell I had to meet personally with his landlord and pay him directly for marks rent at $1500 a month to keep him from being evicted we did this for as long as Mark was with us

You say Mark owes you $10,000, did you loan it to him, did he steal gear and equipment? Why would you loan this known thief money? Coupled with the above statment how did this happen? You can see from the outside how this looks very odd.

A: See above, we were in a bad spot as we needed Mark to design and oversee the first few amps to get them right but he was half a step from homeless at all times. We never signed up to be his Daddy, he was supposed to be a a independent contractor, a big boy who could manage himself while we paid for and built the amps. He was not capable of that and we were forced to do all of things to keep him above water. He is lets say not a highly functioning guy when it comes to having your act together. We didnt want to loan him the dough but without keeping him above water we would not have a finished product. Deal with the Devil so to speak and it went the way I knew it probably would. There is a reason he has the reputation he has for a long long time before I ever met him

It also appears that now with Cameron gone, these are different amps altogether. No doubt the people now working on the designs and making the amps are talented, but not Mark Cameron. For better or worse.

A: Kinda right, the circuit is unchanged, It is Marks tone and sound and we wouldnt fuck with that, we know he is an amp guru and we respect his skills and tones. But the design as given by Mark was pretty much on a napkin and explained to Dave Friedman who speaks the language. The only real change to design is to make the amp easily built and serviced. Mark was and is very paranoid and secretive and insisted on all circuit boards being installed upside down and then spraying and gooping the circuits. We thought this ridicuolous and it proved to make building them in a professioal consistent manner impossible. The tone and the circuit is the same the layout is just done in a professional manner. It is not anything to do with sound it is all the same components and routing, just laid out in a manner any professional company would lay them out to build them and service them.

It is clear you were trying to help people, or it appears so. Certainly starting up a new business, especially one with a very checkered past is beyond difficult. I also have no doubt Mark, with whatever personal problems he has, has made this near impossible.

A: Agreed

The downside is this makes you look really bad, and until these questions are answered, cleared up, or resolved, it will not get better. I know people who Mark has ripped off, and have been ripped off by a different builder, so this is nothing new. As this stands I personally would not do business with you, and it appears many others. Instead of deleting, perhaps you could bring things to light, and perhaps your reputation can be restored. The music world can turn on you quick, and I have seen many come and go, I am hopin this will not be the case for you, and restoration can happen.

A: I dont feel bad for a minute and if people somehow looked bad on me for trying to unfuck this for them then piss on it, I dont care. I know who I am and what I have done. Look Mark is not a good guy, Im sorry I ever met the guy but it is what is. Those guys had zero chance of getting anything from him before I came along. I have tried to make this work and to be the one guy that could get something from someone who has less than zero. My biggest mistake was thinking Mark would hang in there and be a willing partner in getting this sorted for those guys, he told me he would but like always he ended saying tuff shit, I dont care about anyone and I am not doing it. Should of seen that coming from jump street. But you know what its the same thing he has done to everyone. It sucks, he sucks, it is what it is but at the end of the day I didnt take a nickel from these lost guys, Mark Cameron did, bottom-line.

I am sure you will delete this, call me names, and ban me, it is your forum after all. Notice there was no name calling from this end, just serious concerns and trust issues at this point.

A: Really??? THis is not some random forum that I am on, this is my house and I let you guys say pretty much anything you want and beat my brains in too and I let ya do it trying to be cool with it all, I dont call anyone names and I only ban you if you deserve it. That comment is uncalled for and unwarrented.

Hope you will be a stand up guy.

A: Always try to be...

ps: You forgot this question that I see posted in the thread so I will answer it for you anyway...

Question: If Mark is supposed to get a percentage of each amp for his design and name, now that he quit you must just be pocketing that money and making out like a greedy fucking pig and fucking over the guys who that money was going to be used to build their amps that Mark stole from?

A: So tell me this...We only made one run of CCV's so far of 25 amps and a handful of Atomicas. We gave mark over $10,000 which is FAR and above his percentage per amp to not be evicted or whatever sob story he was peddling on any given day. Then he bailed, quit, took off and left us with a design NOBODY would build as it was, not Barrang, Not George, Not Anybody...So Rob, Dave and I bust out our checkbooks and hire Ron Mennali from RJM to totally redo the board and have new proto boards made and we fly George in from Michigan to totally sit down with Ron and Dave Friedman and work on how to lay it out to keep the exact circuit but actually be able to build in a manner which it would be repeatable and serviceable. It cost a SMALL FORTUNE to do this. So add the over $10K we gave Mark, then the multi of thousands of Dollars to make it right so George would agree to build it for us and we are totally making nothing so far and as an added benefit I get to hear guys tell me I am fucking them over because Mark quit and I haven't given them a free amp out of my pocket. WTF! That said I still want to get those guys amps and Rob, Dave and I still discuss it all the time, how can we get that done? We have discussed opening the amps up to dealers around the country to move more of them to fix this and be able to absorb the loss over time and get those guys amps. But when someone comes on here and tells me we are fucking them because Mark ripped them off my sympathy to want to help goes away. I will not be forced at the point of a bayonet into doing that, I want to do it but I am not obligated to do it and if you throw rocks at the guy who came along to help you can forget it. I know that sounds hard but I am sick of being crucified for good intentions.

To all of the guys who see this for what is and have supported us we really do appreciate you. I get tons of PMs and emails saying so, there is a small group that either like the Drama, buys into the BS Mark tells them or just want to toss a grenade and run. To my friends and guys who know me, Rob and Dave...lets all hang in there and see what happens to anybody else that wants to throw rocks, I would track down Cameron and try to get whole and good luck with that...

This will be my only post in this thread...Good Night.

Brad

King Guitar":28zmcr09 said:
End of the day tired, just got in, cracked a beer and now I am doing this....

This will be the last time I post this...

First of all Cameron Amplifiers LLC is myself, Rob Navarette (Tone Merchants) & Dave Friedman (Racksystems Ltd). As I said before Mark Cameron is not a part of the company was never part of the company and will never be part of the company.

Here is your Q & A: My replies will be in Blue.

These are all serious questions that need answering.

You said you would get the amp to the people who paid previously by taking it out of the money that Mark would get as a consultant. You have sold several What happened to that money?

A: This is correct, our plan all along was to withhold money for his per amp licensing fee and hold that aside in a fund to build the amps Mark had collected on and never built long before we showed up. He completely agreed to this arrangement and said he wanted to get those guys their amps but had no means or resources to do so. Ok so far so good...that was the plan. We sold 25 amps in the first run and alls we had to do was build them and deliver them.

The Problem: From Day 1 Mark would call us and say he needed money daily, money for daily living, money for rent, money for health reasons, money for food, money for whatever the fuck... See we were supposed to be holding back Marks money but instead he was getting thrown out every month, the power company was turning off the power and wanted over $1000 to turn it back on yada yada yada...So we gave in as we didnt want to see him on the street and we paid for all of this crap and I personally took him grocery shopping, took him to Target to buy clothes, took him to the bank and deposited money to open him a checking account, took him to ATT and bought him a phone and put it on our account and on on...We kept track of all of it and added it to the money to hold back, this money came from us personally and what was supposed to be held back from Marks "consulting fee" adds up quick, hell I had to meet personally with his landlord and pay him directly for marks rent at $1500 a month to keep him from being evicted we did this for as long as Mark was with us

You say Mark owes you $10,000, did you loan it to him, did he steal gear and equipment? Why would you loan this known thief money? Coupled with the above statment how did this happen? You can see from the outside how this looks very odd.

A: See above, we were in a bad spot as we needed Mark to design and oversee the first few amps to get them right but he was half a step from homeless at all times. We never signed up to be his Daddy, he was supposed to be a a independent contractor, a big boy who could manage himself while we paid for and built the amps. He was not capable of that and we were forced to do all of things to keep him above water. He is lets say not a highly functioning guy when it comes to having your act together. We didnt want to loan him the dough but without keeping him above water we would not have a finished product. Deal with the Devil so to speak and it went the way I knew it probably would. There is a reason he has the reputation he has for a long long time before I ever met him

It also appears that now with Cameron gone, these are different amps altogether. No doubt the people now working on the designs and making the amps are talented, but not Mark Cameron. For better or worse.

A: Kinda right, the circuit is unchanged, It is Marks tone and sound and we wouldnt fuck with that, we know he is an amp guru and we respect his skills and tones. But the design as given by Mark was pretty much on a napkin and explained to Dave Friedman who speaks the language. The only real change to design is to make the amp easily built and serviced. Mark was and is very paranoid and secretive and insisted on all circuit boards being installed upside down and then spraying and gooping the circuits. We thought this ridicuolous and it proved to make building them in a professioal consistent manner impossible. The tone and the circuit is the same the layout is just done in a professional manner. It is not anything to do with sound it is all the same components and routing, just laid out in a manner any professional company would lay them out to build them and service them.

It is clear you were trying to help people, or it appears so. Certainly starting up a new business, especially one with a very checkered past is beyond difficult. I also have no doubt Mark, with whatever personal problems he has, has made this near impossible.

A: Agreed

The downside is this makes you look really bad, and until these questions are answered, cleared up, or resolved, it will not get better. I know people who Mark has ripped off, and have been ripped off by a different builder, so this is nothing new. As this stands I personally would not do business with you, and it appears many others. Instead of deleting, perhaps you could bring things to light, and perhaps your reputation can be restored. The music world can turn on you quick, and I have seen many come and go, I am hopin this will not be the case for you, and restoration can happen.

A: I dont feel bad for a minute and if people somehow looked bad on me for trying to unfuck this for them then piss on it, I dont care. I know who I am and what I have done. Look Mark is not a good guy, Im sorry I ever met the guy but it is what is. Those guys had zero chance of getting anything from him before I came along. I have tried to make this work and to be the one guy that could get something from someone who has less than zero. My biggest mistake was thinking Mark would hang in there and be a willing partner in getting this sorted for those guys, he told me he would but like always he ended saying tuff shit, I dont care about anyone and I am not doing it. Should of seen that coming from jump street. But you know what its the same thing he has done to everyone. It sucks, he sucks, it is what it is but at the end of the day I didnt take a nickel from these lost guys, Mark Cameron did, bottom-line.

I am sure you will delete this, call me names, and ban me, it is your forum after all. Notice there was no name calling from this end, just serious concerns and trust issues at this point.

A: Really??? THis is not some random forum that I am on, this is my house and I let you guys say pretty much anything you want and beat my brains in too and I let ya do it trying to be cool with it all, I dont call anyone names and I only ban you if you deserve it. That comment is uncalled for and unwarrented.

Hope you will be a stand up guy.

A: Always try to be...

ps: You forgot this question that I see posted in the thread so I will answer it for you anyway...

Question: If Mark is supposed to get a percentage of each amp for his design and name, now that he quit you must just be pocketing that money and making out like a greedy fucking pig and fucking over the guys who that money was going to be used to build their amps that Mark stole from?

A: So tell me this...We only made one run of CCV's so far of 25 amps and a handful of Atomicas. We gave mark over $10,000 which is FAR and above his percentage per amp to not be evicted or whatever sob story he was peddling on any given day. Then he bailed, quit, took off and left us with a design NOBODY would build as it was, not Barrang, Not George, Not Anybody...So Rob, Dave and I bust out our checkbooks and hire Ron Mennali from RJM to totally redo the board and have new proto boards made and we fly George in from Michigan to totally sit down with Ron and Dave Friedman and work on how to lay it out to keep the exact circuit but actually be able to build in a manner which it would be repeatable and serviceable. It cost a SMALL FORTUNE to do this. So add the over $10K we gave Mark, then the multi of thousands of Dollars to make it right so George would agree to build it for us and we are totally making nothing so far and as an added benefit I get to hear guys tell me I am fucking them over because Mark quit and I haven't given them a free amp out of my pocket. WTF! That said I still want to get those guys amps and Rob, Dave and I still discuss it all the time, how can we get that done? We have discussed opening the amps up to dealers around the country to move more of them to fix this and be able to absorb the loss over time and get those guys amps. But when someone comes on here and tells me we are fucking them because Mark ripped them off my sympathy to want to help goes away. I will not be forced at the point of a bayonet into doing that, I want to do it but I am not obligated to do it and if you throw rocks at the guy who came along to help you can forget it. I know that sounds hard but I am sick of being crucified for good intentions.

To all of the guys who see this for what is and have supported us we really do appreciate you. I get tons of PMs and emails saying so, there is a small group that either like the Drama, buys into the BS Mark tells them or just want to toss a grenade and run. To my friends and guys who know me, Rob and Dave...lets all hang in there and see what happens to anybody else that wants to throw rocks, I would track down Cameron and try to get whole and good luck with that...

This will be my only post in this thread...Good Night.

Brad
^ there you go.

Brad has been nothing but a stand up guy in any of my dealings with him, bought/sold/traded. He's provided me with everything I have paid HIM for, period. I knew most of the story, but better hearing it from the "horses mouth" (no disrespect Brad). ;)

You know, I was one of the first guys who joined this forum on the day it started in 2006. I have my Plank Cranker still on my gigging pedalboard, and try to refer all my friends here. When Brad took over I was worried that it was going to start getting shitty.

Although I have never dealt with Brad personally I have referred several friends to both Rig Talk and Kingguitar.com. Why? Because of stand up answers like Brad posted above.

That was a very honest and fair answer to each of my questions. I apologize where I went too far. This DOES make sense, and sounds like 100% Mark being Mark. Again. I wish there was a way to hold him accountable, but it appears everyone's money has vanished along with him. I will not bring this up again, sorry for where I was wrong, and jumped to conclusions. Wish everyone all the best.

If you would quit reading internet bullshit drama and actually listen or PM brad a simple question you would have gotten the same response - instead you call him out on his own forum and disrespect his name which he does own a business on.

Seriously?

and BTW fuck Mark - never liked the guy from day one and never trusted him. Coke addict as far as i am concerned. Surprised he has not ended up in jail. He does not deserve to have his own name on Brad's amp line. I would rename it to King Amplifiers Inc. and sell abroad.

Got to play through BoneDarrell's Atomica (and he let me profile it too!) - great amp. Have had nothing but awesome dealings with Brad - bought and sold a few amps here and there with him. Personally, I'd lock or delete this thread and put up Brad's replies to the questions under an FAQ or permanent sticky note. Next time this comes up again, refer them to the sticky/FAQ and lock the thread.

glpg80":1gmhoi63 said:
If you would quit reading internet bullshit drama and actually listen or PM brad a simple question you would have gotten the same response - instead you call him out on his own forum and disrespect his name which he does own a business on.

Seriously?

and BTW fuck Mark - never liked the guy from day one and never trusted him. Coke addict as far as i am concerned. Surprised he has not ended up in jail. He does not deserve to have his own name on Brad's amp line. I would rename it to King Amplifiers Inc. and sell abroad.

I concur except for the selling abroad part!!! Why would that even be an option? King Amplifiers would be just fine as is here in the US!!!

lester":nb9djgtr said:
jcj":nb9djgtr said:
lester":nb9djgtr said:
Brad ended up with Cameron's designs for -

CCV
Mini CCV
Atomica
Old Bitch
Attenuator
Several Cabinet designs

And if he owns the Cameron name and Mark can't do work now outside of Cameron amps. :LOL: :LOL: I hope that can bring a little solace to the guys that got ripped off. Because Brad took that dude to school.

Interesting post...You would seem to be representing yourself as an authority...as though you had some sort of inside knowledge...as though you know the details of the contract...to anyone who DOES know, it's very clear that you don't.

You're leaving out several designs, glossing over other details, and generally missing the mark by a wide margin... how you get Brad taking Mark to school out of this clusterfuck is beyond me...the whole thing is a sad mess...for everyone... most importantly, there is no solace for anyone as it stands currently...unfortunately.

You obviously know next to nothing about the actual events, and should probably just leave it alone..

edited for clarity....LOL :D

Ok Mr. Clarity - Aren't you the guy that was also "taken to school" by Brad and Rob for not knowing shit? Hmmm... think so. Aren't you also the guy that talks to MC and gets to hear the glorious gospel from that honorable business man. Hmmmm...maybe. Believe what you want but when someone owns your shit and you don't you've been schooled. Or you can have a NASDAQ attorney explain it to you. Only going by what was written by the owner of Cameron Amplification :D still luv ya baby

Wow....I really shouldn't post when drinking...I come off like a pompous douchebag :LOL: :LOL:

I'll say this- no one is a winner here...no one. If you believe otherwise, I'm not really sure what to say.

I'm far from a Cameron nut swinger; as a matter of fact, I'm about as far as you can get. I like his amps, but I have no issues calling bullshit on anyone. I also have a good deal of personal experience with how difficult it can be to deal with Mark on a business level.

Neither Brad, nor Rob has ever "taken me to school" for anything relating to Cameron (or anything else for that matter), because I don't post fiction.

If you can show otherwise, I'd love to see a link.

I guess I'm just tired of the whole thing, and singled out your post; I know you're just repeating what you've read here, and I'm sorry for sounding like an asshole.

I should have known better :LOL: :LOL:

jcj":1hawt2j2 said:
lester":1hawt2j2 said:
jcj":1hawt2j2 said:
lester":1hawt2j2 said:
Brad ended up with Cameron's designs for -

CCV
Mini CCV
Atomica
Old Bitch
Attenuator
Several Cabinet designs

And if he owns the Cameron name and Mark can't do work now outside of Cameron amps. :LOL: :LOL: I hope that can bring a little solace to the guys that got ripped off. Because Brad took that dude to school.

Interesting post...You would seem to be representing yourself as an authority...as though you had some sort of inside knowledge...as though you know the details of the contract...to anyone who DOES know, it's very clear that you don't.

You're leaving out several designs, glossing over other details, and generally missing the mark by a wide margin... how you get Brad taking Mark to school out of this clusterfuck is beyond me...the whole thing is a sad mess...for everyone... most importantly, there is no solace for anyone as it stands currently...unfortunately.

You obviously know next to nothing about the actual events, and should probably just leave it alone..

edited for clarity....LOL :D

Ok Mr. Clarity - Aren't you the guy that was also "taken to school" by Brad and Rob for not knowing shit? Hmmm... think so. Aren't you also the guy that talks to MC and gets to hear the glorious gospel from that honorable business man. Hmmmm...maybe. Believe what you want but when someone owns your shit and you don't you've been schooled. Or you can have a NASDAQ attorney explain it to you. Only going by what was written by the owner of Cameron Amplification :D still luv ya baby

Wow....I really shouldn't post when drinking...I come off like a pompous douchebag :LOL: :LOL:

I'll say this- no one is a winner here...no one. If you believe otherwise, I'm not really sure what to say.

I'm far from a Cameron nut swinger; as a matter of fact, I'm about as far as you can get. I like his amps, but I have no issues calling bullshit on anyone. I also have a good deal of personal experience with how difficult it can be to deal with Mark on a business level.

Neither Brad, nor Rob has ever "taken me to school" for anything relating to Cameron (or anything else for that matter), because I don't post fiction.

If you can show otherwise, I'd love to see a link.

I guess I'm just tired of the whole thing, and singled out your post; I know you're just repeating what you've read here, and I'm sorry for sounding like an asshole.

I should have known better :LOL: :LOL:

"Mr. Clarity Goes to School" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I first played one of Mark's "pre-pro" CCV's in 2008, wanted one, but made what was an obvious decision to me at that time (June 2008) not to invest big cash with a flake (I mean this solely in terms or running a business). It sucks for those that did, it was like watching a trainwreck in slow motion.

I have had my production CCV that I purchased from Brad for almost a year now. No issues. No problems. No hassles. I'm happy. Whether or not Brad makes good on Mark's past fraudulent business practices is irrelevant to me, I would buy from Brad again.

LP Freak":135ylr5c said:
Shit like this really makes a guy think twice about doing something good for other people. :no:

And he never even took a swing back. Helluva guy, I tell ya. Better man than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back