Cameron High Gain Jose Arredondo ATOMICA Amp-PRE ORDER Here!

King Guitar":10dqjf0h said:
Mark wanted to call it ATOMICA. This amp is going to have a few wrinkles that have not been seen before on Marks amps. It will feature both low gain (ATOMICA) channel and High Gain (Diode Clipping) channels and a 5 way rotary switch for different levels of gain structure. It will be the Marks take on his ultimate Jose Arredondo circuit.
Seriously almost wet my pants, that sounds ridiculously awesome. Stoked! :rock:

To clarify I don't mean separate channels like a channel switching amp, rather a switch that kicks in the higher gain settings and the rotary dial for different levels of ass kicking.

King Guitar":5wo0rcki said:
To clarify I don't mean separate channels like a channel switching amp, rather a switch that kicks in the higher gain settings and the rotary dial for different levels of ass kicking.
To clarify, I understood. ;) You gotta love different levels of ass kicking. :rock:

King Guitar":3l3v5e2b said:
Mark wanted to call it ATOMICA. This amp is going to have a few wrinkles that have not been seen before on Marks amps. It will feature both low gain (ATOMICA) channel and High Gain (Diode Clipping) channels and a 5 way rotary switch for different levels of gain structure. It will be the Marks take on his ultimate Jose Arredondo circuit.

I believe the rotary has been done, better check with the Cameron historian Steve first though :LOL: :LOL:

psychodave":3s7dcyxi said:
Digital Jams":3s7dcyxi said:
King Guitar":3s7dcyxi said:

I believe the rotary has been done, better check with the Cameron historian Steve first though :LOL: :LOL:

It has :D

and I have played one :LOL: :LOL:

Digital Jams":oweu0q8e said:
psychodave":oweu0q8e said:
Digital Jams":oweu0q8e said:
King Guitar":oweu0q8e said:

And, I have got one.....on an Aldrich mod :thumbsup:

steve_k":1q2mghb8 said:
Digital Jams":1q2mghb8 said:
psychodave":1q2mghb8 said:
Digital Jams":1q2mghb8 said:
King Guitar":1q2mghb8 said:

And, I have got one.....on an Aldrich mod :thumbsup:

I have a NFB rotary switch on my aldrich, it's killer

Rotary knob on my Ocean SLP.

68144f15.jpg

King Guitar":1p21du2f said:
Here is a clip of our own Todd Strickland with his Cameron Jose High Gain modded Marshall to give you an idea of the tone structure of this amp.

I wonder how this would sound for Fear Factory songs?

Superunknown":3mzsa89r said:
Rotary knob on my Ocean SLP.

68144f15.jpg

That's pretty cool I always loved my Cameron SLPs most of them did not have a effects loop though. :cry:

My friend's Ocean had some push pull treble boost knob. I am trying to get him to let me use it for some Alice in Chains covers me and my buddy are doing i think it nails the Cantrell tone pretty good after playing through it but then again so do all of Mark's amps. :thumbsup:

locoed":7n9jxglq said:
Funny,several months ago George started a thread on his forum,(How can we make Metro better?) and of course i said.
You and Dave should make a high gain amp like everybody else,glad to see he's going to do it.
He's a good guy and he's helped ALOT of people around here in metro Detroit.

Great story from chub :thumbsup:

Hold the phone, I totally forgot Metro was in Detroit. And I JUST moved to Royal Oak, from NYC. All my gear is in storage back at my folks' house, though. :(

In any event, YES! So glad George/Metro, Cameron, et al. are doing this. Awesome work, Brad.

petejt":20qk1mjc said:
King Guitar":20qk1mjc said:
Here is a clip of our own Todd Strickland with his Cameron Jose High Gain modded Marshall to give you an idea of the tone structure of this amp.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was thinking that the entire time I was reading this thread.

:rock:

slyvren":d2nxwvzr said:
petejt":d2nxwvzr said:
King Guitar":d2nxwvzr said:
Here is a clip of our own Todd Stricklin with his Cameron Jose High Gain modded Marshall to give you an idea of the tone structure of this amp.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was thinking that the entire time I was reading this thread.

:rock:

This amp sounds equally as good for heavier styles of music IMHO. I only had the dual gain controls around 11:30 for this clip. Crank the gains up to 2:00 or so, add some low end (via bass boost on the back of the amp as well as the regular bass control), and reduce some midrange. This amp will get very heavy and aggressive.

Can't wait to see the new amps in a custom shell and chassis, not looking all vintage and Metro'ish. Should be bad-ass.

Steve

steve_k":1v75pbsn said:
Can't wait to see the new amps in a custom shell and chassis, not looking all vintage and Metro'ish. Should be bad-ass.

Steve
+1 Steve the black face plate should look cool also, never was a fan of the Metro'ish vintage look....

splawner":1ncxd4xi said:
steve_k":1ncxd4xi said:

Steve
+1 Steve the black face plate should look cool also, never was a fan of the Metro'ish vintage look....

Yup.....I like my custom to be custom, look custom, sound custom. Otherwise, a modded Marshall will do. If these amps make their debut in a Metro 59 Marshall head shell, I will mark it return to sender.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":2e5tvscu said:
splawner":2e5tvscu said:
steve_k":2e5tvscu said:

Steve

Yup.....I like my custom to be custom, look custom, sound custom. Otherwise, a modded Marshall will do. If these amps make their debut in a Metro 59 Marshall head shell, I will mark it return to sender.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :yes:

steve_k":3fvzq397 said:
splawner":3fvzq397 said:
steve_k":3fvzq397 said:

Steve

Yea but at least they're only a $2500 metro kits and not close to $4000 metro kit :D

dawnofdreamx97":1eos7esz said:
steve_k":1eos7esz said:
splawner":1eos7esz said:
steve_k":1eos7esz said:

Steve

Yea but at least they're only a $2500 metro kits and not close to $4000 metro kit :D

THese are not Metro Kits at all. Ground up Cameron design, its just easier as some of you know to have another party build Marks designs :D .

Back