Captor X (16ohms) - set up question

VolaFan1976

Hello,

I have just purchased the Captor X and I'm am experiencing some sound quality issues with it, my setup is as follows:

Guitar>Pedals>Friedman Runt 20 Head>Captor X>Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (via XLR/TRS cables).

The clean channel sounds are fine from what I've used so far, no issues here. Switching to the gain channel it doesn't sound as good, a little too thin but it sounds even worse when I switch on my OD pedals. Just sounds thin and fizzy, my pedals are the Friedman BE-OD and Big Muff Fuzz.

I feel like there is something fundamentally wrong with my setup or the configuration of the Two Notes software. Has anyone else experienced something similar and able to offer any advice?

I have put in a support request to Two Notes and read the manual a couple of times. I know my pedals, amp and interface are ok as the Freidman Runt has a built in CAB sim which I connected via XLR and it sounded absolutely fine!

Thanks

What setup are you using for TorpedoRemote?
Levels on the Scarlett properly tweaked?
Routing properly sorted within FC?
Are you disabling the cab sim from the Runt before hitting the signal in TorpedoRemote?
If not use Bypass to keep the cab sim in place maybe?

Let us know.

Thank you for the reply. Having spent more time with the unit over the weekend I was able to eradicate all the issues and now have it sounding perfectly, need to be more patient next time!

Thank you for the reply. Having spent more time with the unit over the weekend I was able to eradicate all the issues and now have it sounding perfectly, need to be more patient next time!
Great to read!!!! As with so many things - it's often a matter of RTFM :LOL:

I get it - typically I just wanna dive right into my new gear but so many times - SO many times - I was "no no no...RTFM FIRST, and all these 'supposed problems causing cold sweats and bug-eyed stress' tend to go away".

Glad it's rippin' for ya!!
Peace
Mo

Interesting. I am having the same issue you were having and have not been able to fix it. I have almost EXACTLY what you describe, with the clean sound being ok, but still not really what my amplifier normally provides if I were to run it without the loadbox + CAB M. Then when I turn pedals on, they sound absolutely atrocious. I have a Scarlet 18i8 hooked to the CAB M Plus, a Fender Blues Jr III (I loosened the chassis to access the speaker out to hook to the CAB M Plus amp in, then connected the loadbox/Captor speaker out to the CAB M speaker in as specified in the manual), then XLR balanced to Scarlett from CAB M Plus, then guitar to pedalboard run directly into amp. I have tried the CAB M Plus without using my amp and it sounds poor especially with pedals that way as well. Regardless of the Torpedo settings, many of which I have tweaked, it shouldn't sound THAT bad compared to what I have heard people playing on YouTube in demos.

Back