Captor X or Torpedo Cab M+, which one?

Econ

I'm building a home studio and would like to be able to play my tube amplifiers at the volume sweet spot and record them. Maybe experiment with some IRs and play through my studio monitors and modeler profiler monitor. For these intended uses, should I get the Captor X or the Torpedo Cab M+?

I recently bought the Cab M+, and the Captor.

Fits the bill for live playing, studio recording or most anything in between.

I have been extremely pleased with the performance of my Two Notes gear.

Totally loving the Wall of Sound, and Torpedo Remote, lots of fun stuff to be sure.

Anyway, my recommendation is obviously the Cab M+ and Captor, and their support has been stellar so far. If you have a specific question the guys at Two Notes seem to monitor this thread.

Either way, let us know what direction you've taken.

I'm building a home studio and would like to be able to play my tube amplifiers at the volume sweet spot and record them. Maybe experiment with some IRs and play through my studio monitors and modeler profiler monitor. For these intended uses, should I get the Captor X or the Torpedo Cab M+?
Captor X does everything you've just described. Everything.

Hi @Econ,

I hope all is well. Thank you for reaching out and thanks @steveb63 and @Ventura for weighing in!

Yes, Captor X can fulfil all of your needs if you are seeking a reactive load-box and a cabinet simulator (along with some killer Post FX) in a single super convenient unit. However, there are some instances where a Captor and a C.A.B. M+ might be the preferred solution.
  • C.A.B. M+ also features a built in power amp emulation and a clean pre-amp emulation. This makes it a super portable rig that fits in your pocket. If you also need a go-anywhere rig - this is a great solution.
  • If you have multiple Amps with differing impedances, Captor is a cost effective solution if you need to buy multiple separate units in accordance with your impedance needs.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions! We are always happy to help.

Kind regards,

Ross

Hi @Econ ,

Thanks for getting back to us! Yes, Captor X features some all-new post FX that can be configured per preset - specifically an Enhancer and the Twin Tracker. In addition Captor X features 1:1 Bluetooth Connectivity and the remote app can be instantiated on your iOS or Android device. Finally, Torpedo Live is now a legacy product and was succeeded by the Captor X, as such our focus in terms of feature updates and enhancements will be on the Captor X.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,

Ross

Back