Chris Holmes EVH connection....

lespaul6":f8jex7xo said:
Not sure if you guys saw this... early days

:rock:

That's some great stuff...funny how most of us grew up in the same situation; i.e. picking your fav local band and going to their shows and not the competition. Lol

Of course the rivalries out in Cali were on a different level..all those bands got signed and made it pretty big. Not so much for the bands I tried to follow back in HS.
:LOL: :LOL:

That's why the BC Rich Bich model sounds so awful. It's the asymmetrical body cut. I suppose the price of 70's era Destroyer's will go through the roof.

Money saving tip: No matter how many "used by Eddie" items you purchase, you are never going to play like EVH.

stanz":7vi6w68b said:
That's why the BC Rich Bich model sounds so awful. It's the asymmetrical body cut. I suppose the price of 70's era Destroyer's will go through the roof.

Money saving tip: No matter how many "used by Eddie" items you purchase, you are never going to play like EVH.
They've been high for yrs now. My first 'real' guitar was an early 80s Destroyer. Not as toneful as those mid-late 70s versions, but a decent guitar. I've been looking for an earlier one for a few yrs now..I never see them under 5K.

Racerxrated":1y6tlsvv said:
stanz":1y6tlsvv said:

They've been high for yrs now. My first 'real' guitar was an early 80s Destroyer. Not as toneful as those mid-late 70s versions, but a decent guitar. I've been looking for an earlier one for a few yrs now..I never see them under 5K.
:rock: The '81 Destroyer II was awesome! I believe they began using basswood in '82. The '81 Destroyer had some of the best looking flamed maple I've ever seen. I had a 70's era Destroyer as well. I preferred the '81.

Ed supposedly still recorded with the hacked up Shark Destroyer . If we can believe what was written in the Inside fanzine mag back in 1997 he recorded Dance The Night Away , Outta Love Again , Women In Love and Fools with the Shark . Romeo Delight , Loss Of Control and In A Simple Rhyme is supposedly Chris Holmes Destroyer

Back