Chubtone Guitars...

I"m interested in a Chubtone guitar. Does anyone have one? If so, what are your thoughts? I love my Charvel hardtail, but unfortunately they are offering less hardtails with 22 fret necks so I'm looking into having one built. I'd like a hard tail with two humbuckers (coil taps) and a roasted maple neck. I'm undecided on whether I want an oil finish or want it painted. Does anyone know if they will build one with a strat headstock, or do they only use their own? Its not a dealbreaker, but I prefer the strat headstock. I emailed them over the weekend but haven't heard back, so I reached out on the Facebook page and haven't heard back there either but hopefully I'll hear back soon. Thanks

I have four of them, LOVE them. Better than Charvel IMO. No strat headstocks, everything else on your list is available. You could message Chubtone on here as well if you don’t hear back, or call Curt at his store...

paulyc":xfl1st9k said:
I have four of them, LOVE them. Better than Charvel IMO. No strat headstocks, everything else on your list is available. You could message Chubtone on here as well if you don’t hear back, or call Curt at his store...

Thank you! I prefer to give them time to respond. I assume they are a small shop and if they have to answer the phone it takes them away from working on guitars. What is his store? Can you post the url?

I had a similar thought about the headstock at first but I routinely have my Chubtone (and D'Avanzo) sitting right next to Strats with Strat headstocks and I never wish for a different headstock. I had a similar experience with Heritage, once I owned it for a while it looked no better/worse as Gibson.

sideshowsmitty":p0dc7f61 said:
paulyc":p0dc7f61 said:

Thank you! I prefer to give them time to respond. I assume they are a small shop and if they have to answer the phone it takes them away from working on guitars. What is his store? Can you post the url?

You are at the right place. Curt is our boy here on the forum and a lot of us have known him since before he was even making guitars. His guitars go out the door so fast that you really do have to order one. I think the estimate is about 4 months or so. I'm still planning on getting one made myself. I was talking to him last year about getting one made but things came up and couldn't get it done. I probably need to revisit this.

I would love to own a Chubtone. The photos on their website are incredible. Haven’t played one but they look to be top-top notch builds.

sideshowsmitty":9tgbj0tp said:
paulyc":9tgbj0tp said:

This exactly - Curt will get back to you!

PDC":2cgvmuhs said:
I would love to own a Chubtone. The photos on their website are incredible. Haven’t played one but they look to be top-top notch builds.

I'm a huge Charvel fan and I have heard people say that they are as nice as a USA Charvel. I was going to buy a Friedman and would like a third Charvel, but great to support one of our own. Problem with me is I can't make a dang decision on what to get. LOL

Curt will get back with you. He usually answers mid to late week but he will get back with you.

Just looked at their site and am suddenly turned on for the 80's Charvel-type guitar I've never owned. Damn.....they look nice...

UltraGary":1spjzrlb said:
Just looked at their site and am suddenly turned on for the 80's Charvel-type guitar I've never owned. Damn.....they look nice...

Yeah man, that is how I got hooked on the idea. To be able to customize a guitar from someone who nails the 80's hard rock guitar style is a thing of beauty. I have been throwing ideas around on what I'd get but to be honest, I'd be happy with any of those on the site.

I’m definitely a fanboy. I have #17 and and 104. Beat bang for the buck. Oiled neck is the way to go. You can pretty much any paint color and hardware and pickup you want. I even had custom wound pickups sent to them. Very accommodating. You need to follow them on Instagram

Back