Cleanest JCM800 I've Ever Seen

  • Thread starter Thread starter FourT6and2
  • Start date Start date
It is strange in the last ten years watching dual recs and non superlead marshalls from $1000 buys that no one really cared about to this reverance status.

In 2016, you could buy one cheap and there were tons of them and we would just send them to get modded and no one thought anything about it because no one really wanted it.

I agree that some mods make it sound like some type of metallic clanky sound that isn't really pleasing on the ears, but a good amount of the mods much improve them
 
It is strange in the last ten years watching dual recs and non superlead marshalls from $1000 buys that no one really cared about to this reverance status.

In 2016, you could buy one cheap and there were tons of them and we would just send them to get modded and no one thought anything about it because no one really wanted it.

I agree that some mods make it sound like some type of metallic clanky sound that isn't really pleasing on the ears, but a good amount of the mods much improve them
Yep. Dime a dozen. Never had an issue finding a Rev G or a multi watt back then or earlier.

You think we would have learned from the 59 Les Paul guys that eventually these things become high demand and fetch some money. Meanwhile I own a modded Rev G triple.
 
Probably not the case for a DSL. I would rather mod a reissue 2203x, but pre-Vietnamese transformer versions are becoming almost as hard to find as an early '80s 800 and the prices people are asking aren't too far off an 80s one either...
True, it will probably be remembered as something like the jcm900.
 
Back
Top