Comparing Griffin Analog's Chiron vs. Schaffer

GJgo

Differences seem more distinctive in the room, but still here. What do you think? In the mix first then guitars only at 0:42.

Very cool! Agree that the effects are subtle in the vid. I can get an idea of the in the room sound though.

For me, I see the Schaffer as an always on tone sweetener early in the chain, and then add a boost after to light it up. Just like you did here.

Great comparison. The Chiron seems to be exactly what the Recto needs in front. It tightened up the low end flub without altering any of the amps character. Could just be the settings, but the Schaffer seemed to add a little top end. Whatever the case it sounded good as well. Either one would work really well as an always on pedal; especially with that Recto.

Yeah it's interesting- in the room, the Schaffer is lower gain & has a MUCH thicker bottom end in comparison. Both have awesome tone, just in a different way.

What I've been doing in the band is using the Chiron for anything heavy & chuggy where it is tighter, gainier & has better mids, and switching to the Schaffer for big open chording type stuff where it feels more punchy, open & dynamic.

I've also noticed that when I use both together in the band it's taking it a bit too far & starting to mud out. I may still be running too much gain this way, I'll have to try dialing it back even more.

Oh and.. Here's the riff in the recorded version with the Chiron boosted IIC+. What do you think about the C+ tone compared to the Recto tone?

Oh and.. Here's the riff in the recorded version with the Chiron boosted IIC+. What do you think about the C+ tone compared to the Recto tone?

man ...... that's my kind of tone right there .... I'm such a Mark series kind of guy !

Back