Craziest Idea Yet….Rig-Talk Collaboration Album on Vinyl

scottosan

I know this place is full of talent, whether it be player, writers, singers, composers, mixers and mastering Gurus

I was pricing out and it actually seems pretty reasonable. Even if it’s not Abby Road quality, between the fun that could be had with the music as well as some crazy artwork and credits, dedications etc, I can see lots of fun to be had.

Doing a quick quote, for 300 albums, the price would be $2k or up to 3k if we went all out and did 180g and gatefold covers and printed sleeves and that includes them mastering for Vinyl. You can get 20 min per side. If we could in fact get into this at $10 per album, that’s a steal. As for for proceeds or losses, that can be a group consensus. Possible charity, or sponsors if we run short?

Obviously I see both an insanely fun thread or a completely shit show Either way, I think this could be fun. We could leave alot of the choices and disputes up to the mercy of the Rig Talk court jesters via poll options.

https://www.deepgrooves.eu/calculator/vinyl

Thoughts?

Someone was marketing a vinyl album with podcasts on it, to get listeners interested in new podcasts. Unless it’s a comedy or music album I’m not sure I’d give vinyl more than one listen.

I don’t see the point of going vinyl when the source material is recorded on digital.
1, there is vinyl specific mastering technique. It’s not digital isn’t a good source, it’s certainly masted differently.

2 Digital requires no media. There’s no nastalgia, no material value. Going digital would miss the point of project. Where the nostalgia of dusting of the mp3 and clicking the icon? It’s about the nostalgia, the fun, and the process. Anyone can make a digital song

Last edited:
I know this place is full of talent, whether it be player, writers, singers, composers, mixers and mastering Gurus

I was pricing out and it actually seems pretty reasonable. Even if it’s not Abby Road quality, between the fun that could be had with the music as well as some crazy artwork and credits, dedications etc, I can see lots of fun to be had.

Doing a quick quote, for 300 albums, the price would be $2k or up to 3k if we went all out and did 180g and gatefold covers and printed sleeves and that includes them mastering for Vinyl. You can get 20 min per side. If we could in fact get into this at $10 per album, that’s a steal. As for for proceeds or losses, that can be a group consensus. Possible charity, or sponsors if we run short?

Obviously I see both an insanely fun thread or a completely shit show Either way, I think this could be fun. We could leave alot of the choices and disputes up to the mercy of the Rig Talk court jesters via poll options.

https://www.deepgrooves.eu/calculator/vinyl

Thoughts?
Only if we do a Nickelback cover. \:D/ :lame:

I'd be down. I might even be good for an acoustic part...we have electric pretty well covered here.

I’d be down to lay something down. I can play drums as well, but it’ll be with a Roland kit into SSD 3.

Back