Current ‘go to’ Guitar Rig

PRS SE Mark Holcomb / Schecter E-1 SLS Elite.
Into digitech drop pedal > CS-400 Compressor > Joyo Argos > TC Sentry > Headrush MX5 > Mackie ProFX v10 > Presonus E8's & E3.5's.
For when I want to get weird I throw either my Keeley Synth 1, SY-200, or Montreal Assembly PurPLL in the mix. I also use two expression pedals with the Synth 1 and the SY-200.
For variety of dirt I sometimes use my DS-1, Cuvave Fuzz, UM-300 or the fuzz in the PurPLL.
I play industrial metal, djent, funk, and electronic chill out music.

Last edited:
93 PRS CU24 and/or Aristides 060 into a Quad Cortex then into a Mesa 4x12 Rectifier Standard Straight/Slant cab. I get incredibly tight Mesa high gain, Vox AC15 cleans (with 170 watts of headroom) and pretty decent acoustic sims.

paukBCg4.jpeg

As most people here know, I use a modified Jet City 20 watt amp. I run out into a bunch of 4x12’s loaded with Celestion Anniversary H30’s. Guitar is a Charvel nitro loaded with a Suhr Aldrich pickup. Pickup is set very low…like more than 1/4 inch away.

Here is the sound when using a pedal for more versatility. These days I gut set it to sound like this all the time. Only pedal I use is a buffer since I use a 30 foot cable. Notice this clip is using two EQ pedals. The Standout is set to the Pinball EQ setting. I’m not driving the amp much.

The days of lugging vintage Marshall half stacks to gigs are over.

These days, it's either my Gibson R9 or 1989 Les Paul Custom. Amp is my Rivera R100 2x12 combo. Pedals are the usual suspects of Wha, OD, Chorus, phaser and tuner.

Come to think of it, that Rivera is heavier than the half stacks!

My 'noodling' setup is, any of my amps into any of my cabs. I have my line out box that I rotate the speaker cable from amp to amp, which these days consist of 2 1972 Marshalls, a 50 and a 100w, the new MT 100, and a JCM 800 2210. That way I can run my WDW setup with any of my amps. I've got 5 cabs that have GBs, 80s Marshall V30s, JBL 120s/Altec 417s, and a 1987 quad of 75s.

I bought a new house in Myrtle Beach, SC. Here about 7 months. Love it here and love having my own house. More room for stuff, so this is in a spare bedroom. (PRS HX100 not shown) Picked up the JVM with the sale and I'm loving the amp and ability to dial a bunch of different sounds. The Suhr SL67 MKII is amazing. It is THE Marshall for me. The PRS Hendrix head is in a closet for now.

View attachment 274587

In the dining room I got the Mesa MK VII and Friedman JEL20. Both killer.

View attachment 274590

How do you like the JVM in its stock form vs the JS?

How do you like the JVM in its stock form vs the JS?
It's hard to say. I had both a long time ago. I like the JVM stock. I remembered it differently. My original JVM seemed to really ad treble if you lowered the gains. This new one I run any gain no more than noon and it sounds great.
I don't remember the JS JVM other than I thought the Noise Gates were a good idea. kick myself in the ass for selling it. No idea they would discontinue it so fast.

It's hard to say. I had both a long time ago. I like the JVM stock. I remembered it differently. My original JVM seemed to really ad treble if you lowered the gains. This new one I run any gain no more than noon and it sounds great.
I don't remember the JS JVM other than I thought the Noise Gates were a good idea. kick myself in the ass for selling it. No idea they would discontinue it so fast.
Me too a had a great JS, sold it.

I am trying to decide whether to try a stock one or chase down a JS - but they aren’t cheap!

Greetings from south of the city! If I'm grabbing a guitar and amp and heading er out on a whim, these are coming with me. I also have an '86 STR-314 Strat that covers an insane amount of ground.
20231127_182308.jpg
20230218_152752.jpg

When the kids are sleeping it's either this or an ac30 into a Suhr rlir with a Fulltone Plimsoul pushing where needed.

I did build a studio in my house.. 3rd house .. 3rd studio.. This time its more mancave.. I should post some photos.. this was a pain in the ass..
…In all seriousness, awesome man. Your collection is respectable to say the least. Do you run a studio, or professional services? …what do you think of the m/your Diezel in comparison to your Bogner?
The bogner vs diezel .. I am more of a bogner guy. The Xtc has a great sag/squishy feel around the notes. I grew up On Vai and Satch ... So this covers the lead stuff.. The Herbert is great . Very "HI FI"... Very polished.. I got it on a great deal .. so it was hard to pass up... I Just finished up my 3rd home studio... Hopefully back to touring this year.. If the band can keep the egos in check..

Daaaaaang!! Jaw drop. I’ve always had a soft spot for Ibbys. Finally broke down and bagged a rocket red 550 this year. I’m worried they will discontinue them in 2024. Japanese made and all.

…do you run your Mesa Studio Pre into your SD Powerstage? If so, how does it sound?

…Friedman is on my amp acquisition short list. I’m on a Mesa mission first though.

Rock and roll!

Daaaaaang!! Jaw drop. I’ve always had a soft spot for Ibbys. Finally broke down and bagged a rocket red 550 this year. I’m worried they will discontinue them in 2024. Japanese made and all.

…do you run your Mesa Studio Pre into your SD Powerstage? If so, how does it sound?

…Friedman is on my amp acquisition short list. I’m on a Mesa mission first though.

Rock and roll!
Thanks! Congrats on the RG, they reissued this guitar(it's a 91/92) but I'd love to pick up a matching new one for standard tuning. The Studio Preamp I only use for clean sounds, CLEAN cleans so it works great through a solid state power amp for my purposes(80's schmo rack cleans)

I a/b the Friedman/RLIR and the Studio pre through the rack and into the 2x 1x12s....or can easily be w/d/w with the 4x12 with the BE powering the 4x12 cab....most of the time I'm doing stereo through the 1x12s.

I love my tube amps, but this is a new rig I'm going to use for my cover band:

20231227_183616.jpg

FM9T, two QSC C12's. I'll run this and see how it works before I spend any money on the new Fender FR12's

‘06 PRS single cut, PRS Archon 100, Bogner 212OS

Attachments

• 94B73D42-CD99-4BDA-A016-3D2A17B82190.jpeg
    94B73D42-CD99-4BDA-A016-3D2A17B82190.jpeg
    856.5 KB · Views: 12
Still riding the Uber Ultra wave. What an amp.

Uber Ultra -> Axe-Fx 3 for post-effects -> signal splits, one goes to Axe-Fx IR's and then into my interface, and another goes from Axe-Fx post-effects to SS poweramps and cabs.
"Still"? How often do you change Amps? :D

Back