Deliverance build underway..

midnightlaundry

Remember when Jet City was blowing out Amps and Combos in the mid 2000's? I got this JCA 50 Combo for $300 to my door..
Hello Donor! I'll use the Chassis, Choke and Tranny's. It will probably work fine for a pair of KT88's If not, I can always try another Power Tube..

Not trying to spend a ton on this, so I'm cutting a few corners like all Point to Point with Terminal Strips.. Frankly it's a hassle.. A well designed Circuit Board is the way to go, but this is a one off.. Don't forget the custom Ziptie Mounted Caps! Hey, Soldano did it.. I did get the Green Marquardt Power Switch, so you'll know it's something different.. I got a tiny Filament Tranny mounted inside on the lower right for more Heater Current.. I have it wired to the Preamps, and the stocker for the Power Tubes..

I'm doing the V5 Cathode Follower like the D120. The OG D60 didn't have this but I understand that the New D60's do..

Still a bit rough, and I'm waiting on a few little things, but it's mostly done.

IMG_20240118_221029869.jpg

Getting close. I expect to make some noise possibly by this weekend.

Kinda excited about it.. I'm sure SMF could sell a D60 Combo no problem.. He should do a run of them. I wonder if he would put the Fane F70 in there? Maybe the F90?

Remember when Jet City was blowing out Amps and Combos in the mid 2000's? I got this JCA 50 Combo for $300 to my door..
Hello Donor! I'll use the Chassis, Choke and Tranny's. It will probably work fine for a pair of KT88's If not, I can always try another Power Tube..

Not trying to spend a ton on this, so I'm cutting a few corners like all Point to Point with Terminal Strips.. Frankly it's a hassle.. A well designed Circuit Board is the way to go, but this is a one off.. Don't forget the custom Ziptie Mounted Caps! Hey, Soldano did it.. I did get the Green Marquardt Power Switch, so you'll know it's something different.. I got a tiny Filament Tranny mounted inside on the lower right for more Heater Current.. I have it wired to the Preamps, and the stocker for the Power Tubes..

I'm doing the V5 Cathode Follower like the D120. The OG D60 didn't have this but I understand that the New D60's do..

Still a bit rough, and I'm waiting on a few little things, but it's mostly done.

View attachment 281084
I use PTP with terminal strips. Nothing wrong with it. Wizards are all PTP on turret boards.

Are the heaters AC? I’d recommend cleaning up that heater wiring doing PTP over the tubes like that. The grids are super sensitive to picking up noise. Wrap the heater wiring tightly and have the heater wiring vertically approach each tube. If that won’t work with your layout, make sure all wiring is never parallel to the heaters and if you must cross, only cross at 90 degrees. Keep each successive plate wire from the stage before it.

Hope this helps. Stages look great 👍

If I remember correctly there was some 2x12 Deliverance made. Not many.
I owned one! Number #9 out of only 26 produced according to Dave at Fryette back in 2014 when I talked to them about it.
Amp was a complete beast from another planet, it haunts me to this day. At the time I really didn’t have the room for a combo that big so I sold it. Now I have the room and wish I had it!

Wrap the heater wiring tightly and have the heater wiring vertically approach each tube
The trick I've found with that - is to clamp the two heater wires into the chuck of a cordless drill.. one with variable speed.

Gently squeeze the trigger to get a very slow rotation going and you hold the two wires with your other hand.

This gives you a tight, uniform twist with minimal effort. (y)

Is there as schematic out there for the Deliverance? Always been curious to see it.
There were deliverance pcbs sold at ebay many years back during 2010 or so were some russian pcb amp geek and SMF was noted on it and next moment it was gone...

I do have a 50CL layout gotten from the Jason group... am looking towards a pcb if somebody could do ?

I had to make it look pretty..

It made sound the 1st time I fired it up, but I blundered a few things. Plus the Schematics had some discrepancies on the NFB Controls, but I got it sorted out. I did add the V5 cathode Follower that I copied from my D120.

There's a couple different schemes on the Gain 1 Bright Cap deal. On this amp it's really bright with a 1n cap, so I have a 470P in there right now. I can always play with it latter. I wonder if it has something to do with the Output Transformer??

It looks like a bomb went off in my guitar room.. There's shit everywhere, but the thing actually works and is butt quiet. I managed to not fuck it up. I can get a plug for the hole in the front and make it look decent.

I'll do clips tomorrow. I need to clean this room and make it clip ready.. Pics for now..

IMG_20240122_183315387.jpg

IMG_20240122_183345342.jpg

IMG_20240122_183403150(1).jpg

IMG_20240122_185749597.jpg

IMG_20240122_185730232.jpg

IMG_20240122_185721648.jpg

Back