Deliverance D120 with a Fane F70.

Thanks for listening fellas.

I don't have a D cab. I like Slants, so unless Fryette decides to make one, it's my Carvin beater cab for now..

The cab in the recording was a Jetcity 212 Vert with the stock bottom speaker disconnected. I'll get another Fane for this cab before anything.

stephen sawall":5928kmxm said:
I see Fryette is building a batch of Deliverance and has them listed for sale on their webpage.

The Deliverance has a lively top end that works with the Fane because its not a super bright and hairy speaker. The top end on my Sig-X isn't so prominent and doesn't seem to reveal itself unless you have some volume, so I think a Vintage 30 works better with this amp. Also, the Sig seems to all around have more midrange compared to the Deliverance.

I'm curious about a Fortin Bones. I think single channel amps sound the best.

midnightlaundry":1dry5n7u said:
stephen sawall":1dry5n7u said:
I see Fryette is building a batch of Deliverance and has them listed for sale on their webpage.

The Deliverance has a lively top end that works with the Fane because its not a super bright and hairy speaker. The top end on my Sig-X isn't so prominent and doesn't seem to reveal itself unless you have some volume, so I think a Vintage 30 works better with this amp. Also, the Sig seems to all around have more midrange compared to the Deliverance.

I'm curious about a Fortin Bones. I think single channel amps sound the best.

I felt that way for many years. In recent years I don't really care what amp sounds best.... I just see amps as different tools. I just use whatever amp does the job I am doing best.
Sometimes it's about tone.... Other times the features the amp has are more practical for the application. Usually live with a band this is more a issue.
Bottom line is I sound like me no matter what gear I use.

I picked up a Deliverance 4x12 with P50E earlier this year. It is the only cab I use with my Deliverance 120 and Sig X since then. The Bass is so much more focused. I have come to believe the cab is as important as the speaker if not more important. It has such a big effect on the sound.

Sounds awesome. Fryette has some Masterbuilt D120's and D60's for sale on their website. Just ordered one. 15% off for a few more days.

steve_k":3hiiiow3 said:
Sounds awesome. Fryette has some Masterbuilt D120's and D60's for sale on their website. Just ordered one. 15% off for a few more days.

Site says the 120’s are out, I emailed them to see if there was another spot for me. Heard these can get brutal. Great price for the masterbuilt deliverance new.

For me the Deliverance is easy once of my favorite amps. The punch and girth is just something you have to experience. I hear it is being used on the new Tool album due out maybe this century.

LunatiBSW":3tzyiz56 said:
steve_k":3tzyiz56 said:

Site says the 120’s are out, I emailed them to see if there was another spot for me. Heard these can get brutal. Great price for the masterbuilt deliverance new.

I was very tempted to buy one yesterday :doh: Went back this morning to look and see that Steve and Justin must of gotten the last 2. :thumbsup:

They'll build you an Ultra-Lead ;)

As an owner of a VHT era D60, I can say that they can get VERY nasty. I boost everything, but this amp boosted sounds awesome. I was using this amp exclusively for my Drop D band last year, and never regretted choosing it as my go to out of the stable. Tight, clear, it cut but I definitely had the mids dialed up pretty high to compete with my other guitarists 5150, but it certainly sits well in the mix when it's dialed in. Low end is huge ad punchy. and the amp has a great snarl to it.

If you have a chance at a masterbuilt one and are on the fence, I say pull the trigger. You don't see them around all that often. I passed on a D120 for $800 shipped and still kick myself

I've had a D120, an Ultra lead and the D60 . So far the D60 is my favorite Fryette amp, and I still have it. I have a CL50 coming tomorrow, lets hope that one is great also

apophis":392j7k6y said:
I've had a D120, an Ultra lead and the D60 . So far the D60 is my favorite Fryette amp, and I still have it. I have a CL50 coming tomorrow, lets hope that one is great also

It is absolutely great. A Little different than the Deliverance, more Marshally, a little drier, but still quite similar.

I also have a tremoverb, ultra plus,FJA VTM 60 and Fja mod JSX ....we might have somewhat similar taste looking at your amp list

Back