Deliverance D120 with a Fane F70.

mhenson42":139sufjq said:
LunatiBSW":139sufjq said:
steve_k":139sufjq said:
Sounds awesome. Fryette has some Masterbuilt D120's and D60's for sale on their website. Just ordered one. 15% off for a few more days.

Site says the 120’s are out, I emailed them to see if there was another spot for me. Heard these can get brutal. Great price for the masterbuilt deliverance new.

I was very tempted to buy one yesterday :doh: Went back this morning to look and see that Steve and Justin must of gotten the last 2. :thumbsup:

They'll build you an Ultra-Lead ;)

I was order 21XX, Steve was 21XY - Steve placed his order without the assistance of a handfull of good beers.

apophis":2lflk9ia said:
I also have a tremoverb, ultra plus,FJA VTM 60 and Fja mod JSX ....we might have somewhat similar taste looking at your amp list

Definitely seems that way! I've had more VTM's come through my door than I can count. I sold my last that I had considered a keeper when I got my D60, ironically.

stephen sawall":30o0723c said:
midnightlaundry":30o0723c said:
stephen sawall":30o0723c said:
I see Fryette is building a batch of Deliverance and has them listed for sale on their webpage.

The Deliverance has a lively top end that works with the Fane because its not a super bright and hairy speaker. The top end on my Sig-X isn't so prominent and doesn't seem to reveal itself unless you have some volume, so I think a Vintage 30 works better with this amp. Also, the Sig seems to all around have more midrange compared to the Deliverance.

I'm curious about a Fortin Bones. I think single channel amps sound the best.

I felt that way for many years. In recent years I don't really care what amp sounds best.... I just see amps as different tools. I just use whatever amp does the job I am doing best.
Sometimes it's about tone.... Other times the features the amp has are more practical for the application. Usually live with a band this is more a issue.
Bottom line is I sound like me no matter what gear I use.

I picked up a Deliverance 4x12 with P50E earlier this year. It is the only cab I use with my Deliverance 120 and Sig X since then. The Bass is so much more focused. I have come to believe the cab is as important as the speaker if not more important. It has such a big effect on the sound.

Love my D60
None of my other amps give me that sound or feel

Budda Twinmaster
Fender Bassman
Friedman Dirty Shirley
Friedman JJ
Hiwatt DR103
Komet Constellation
Landry G3
Marshall DSL50
Marshall JCM800 2204
Marshall JCM900 MKIII
Marshall JMP50
Marshall Major
Marshall Super Tremolo
Mesa Electradyne
Mesa Mark III Coliseum
Mesa Tremoverb
Supro Black Magick
VHT Deliverance 60
Bogner Helios 2x12
Friedman 4x12
Fryette Deliverance 4x12 w/P50s

UberschallEL34":31uux6yd said:
mhenson42":31uux6yd said:
LunatiBSW":31uux6yd said:
steve_k":31uux6yd said:
Sounds awesome. Fryette has some Masterbuilt D120's and D60's for sale on their website. Just ordered one. 15% off for a few more days.

Site says the 120’s are out, I emailed them to see if there was another spot for me. Heard these can get brutal. Great price for the masterbuilt deliverance new.

I was very tempted to buy one yesterday :doh: Went back this morning to look and see that Steve and Justin must of gotten the last 2. :thumbsup:

They'll build you an Ultra-Lead ;)

I was order 21XX, Steve was 21XY - Steve placed his order without the assistance of a handfull of good beers.

LOL.....sober acquisitions :poke:

They let me in on the masterbuild, I’m excited to try the kt88 deliverance. Heard they can pound with the best of them and slice your head off. Single channel design seems cool too. All my other amps are 3 channels.

As most of you know Master Built means only one person builds the amp from beginning to end completely.

Going to add a Less / More foot switch and maybe a loop to my D120.

Was looking into getting an Ultra Lead but damn they want almost 4K. I remember you could get one used for under 2k easily. I shouldn’t have sold mine.

Great sounds with the fane, I am impressed.
I've got a D60 with a loop mod. Using it with an orange ppc412, i was surprised how good of a mach it was. It's an absolutely great amp.

What's the recent consensus on tubes guys? I think i should start thinking about a full retube soon, it's been 3 years since the last swap. I'm using JJ ECC83s and KT88s across the preamp and poweramp section.
Is there anything I'm missing out on? Should I try something else? It sounds really good but maybe there's something even better to be achieved :). I know they ship with chinese tubes by default but users kinda reported those rather bright and shrill which i probably would not like.

You know the constant race heh. :rock:

I didnt know the D series being masterbuild... except for their flagship CLX... i love all my VHT amp so far... maybe i email them on a D120 this time...

Great Vid!

D60/120 are some of the best sounding amps I've owned. I had my last D60 next to an SLO, and through the same cab they were very close with the SLO boosted just a little.

K-Roll":1pgs9ema said:
Great sounds with the fane, I am impressed.
I've got a D60 with a loop mod. Using it with an orange ppc412, i was surprised how good of a mach it was. It's an absolutely great amp.

What's the recent consensus on tubes guys? I think i should start thinking about a full retube soon, it's been 3 years since the last swap. I'm using JJ ECC83s and KT88s across the preamp and poweramp section.
Is there anything I'm missing out on? Should I try something else? It sounds really good but maybe there's something even better to be achieved :). I know they ship with chinese tubes by default but users kinda reported those rather bright and shrill which i probably would not like.

You know the constant race heh. :rock:

I tried some vintage tubes and went back to the tubes recommended in the manual.

Steve Fryette's last article was about tubes.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/ ... -with-care

K-Roll":1rb7gm43 said:
I know they ship with chinese tubes by default but users kinda reported those rather bright and shrill which i probably would not like.

The stock KT88s are/were Sovtek back when Fryette was in regular production. The preamps were a mix of Sovtek and Chinese. I'm not sure what he's putting in the new builds.

Recommended power tubes were Sovtek, EH and Svetlana for my UL

I had one of apophis's D60s with the factory installed loop and running 6550s. It was a BADASS amp! One of my favorites! Only reason I sold it was because after several weeks of side by side comparing with the new MCII I picked, I felt the Wizard was everything the D60 was only it took it to the next level in terms of punch and clarity/articulation. I liked the mids on the MCII much more also.

Well I hear the (4) kt88 deliverance is quite a bit ballsier, clearer and more articulate as well, than the d60.
Bigger iron, more big glasss, you get the story.
For metal the d120 has to be better one would think. Never played one yet though.

LunatiBSW":3f8xp330 said:
Well I hear the (4) kt88 deliverance is quite a bit ballsier, clearer and more articulate as well, than the d60.
Bigger iron, more big glasss, you get the story.
For metal the d120 has to be better one would think. Never played one yet though.

I'd say they're different... it's really difficult to crush or be any more articulate than the D60 (which I prefer over the 120). There's certainly a difference though but I'm struggling for the words to describe it. Perhaps more "direct" is a good description... dunno and it's been a while since I heard them side by side.

Had both D60 and 120 and chose the 60...twice. The tone is a bit different on both, the feel in the mids especially, is different. But yeah the 120 sounds immense

Back