Deliverance D120 with a Fane F70.

Bob Savage":38k4cigr said:
LunatiBSW":38k4cigr said:
Well I hear the (4) kt88 deliverance is quite a bit ballsier, clearer and more articulate as well, than the d60.
Bigger iron, more big glasss, you get the story.
For metal the d120 has to be better one would think. Never played one yet though.

I'd say they're different... it's really difficult to crush or be any more articulate than the D60 (which I prefer over the 120). There's certainly a difference though but I'm struggling for the words to describe it. Perhaps more "direct" is a good description... dunno and it's been a while since I heard them side by side.

I remember playing your D60.. I got pics to prove it. ;) But it was really articulate. I never said anything, but I was worried when we did the video because it revealed everything in your playing. I'm glad we used the Shiva for leads because I was not worthy at the time. :LOL: :LOL: The Deliverance is not a saturated amp, it's open so it doesn't hide much. Never played an Ultralead. People say it's even tighter.

Compared to my D120, I remember your amp being more spitty in the attack. You have the D Cab with P50E's which must play a part in that. I'd like to compare amps on the same Cabinet. But looking at the settings we used in the pic, that setup would need way less bass and more highend on my amp to sit in the mix and be balanced with my Cabs. So I think the extra power tubes definitely gives more body and lowend.

46083213542_5cd7992e3c_c.jpg

Oh that was our drum jam! I missed this one, but hear it now and it sounds great!
I'm looking at getting some new speakers and fane is rising on the watch list!

mhenson42":1om5tq13 said:
LunatiBSW":1om5tq13 said:
steve_k":1om5tq13 said:
Sounds awesome. Fryette has some Masterbuilt D120's and D60's for sale on their website. Just ordered one. 15% off for a few more days.

Site says the 120’s are out, I emailed them to see if there was another spot for me. Heard these can get brutal. Great price for the masterbuilt deliverance new.

I was very tempted to buy one yesterday :doh: Went back this morning to look and see that Steve and Justin must of gotten the last 2. :thumbsup:

They'll build you an Ultra-Lead ;)

Hi... i just got an order slot for a D120 a day ago... i think the guys at Fryette is most happy to build u one even the site may have stated sold out ! But i could be wrong ! Send an email to Fryette :)

My VHT collection is growing... been playing UL like it, CLX and 50CL all are great fine amp !! Went over to hear other amp fire back my VHT back at home and it still surprise me !

The amps and other gear on the website is usually what they have in stock. They usually will build you whatever you want of several amps they built in the past. You just need to ask them.

guys, does anyone know whether the F70G speaker that fryette mention on their page is the same as the fane ascension f70 speaker on fane website? There's no F70G mentioned there.

stephen sawall":3qf6o2f3 said:
I see Fryette is building a batch of Deliverance and has them listed for sale on their webpage.
Damn, missed out on the 120/60 builds but not on this clip. Very nice :thumbsup:

K-Roll":136qni69 said:
guys, does anyone know whether the F70G speaker that fryette mention on their page is the same as the fane ascension f70 speaker on fane website? There's no F70G mentioned there.

I asked, and Fryette said they are close, but not the exact same. Same same but different. But, I have some of the Fryette Fanes in a 212 Big Bottom cab and bought 4 of the production F70's from Avatar and put them in a rear load Diezel cab. Can't say whether or not they sound different, but I like the results in both.

They are a good replacement for V30's without that nasty mid-spike you normally have to dial out.

steve_k":1f9epsch said:
K-Roll":1f9epsch said:

I asked, and Fryette said they are close, but not the exact same. Same same but different. But, I have some of the Fryette Fanes in a 212 Big Bottom cab and bought 4 of the production F70's from Avatar and put them in a rear load Diezel cab. Can't say whether or not they sound different, but I like the results in both.

They are a good replacement for V30's without that nasty mid-spike you normally have to dial out.

I don’t think they’re all that different - at least from how they sound. I have 2 Fryette 412s with F70G and a Wizard cab with 4 F70s I got from Avatar. Granted the cabs are different. I should swap out the speakers in one of the Fryette cabs and do a side by side comparison, but that’d be a pain in the ass to find out that they are essentially the same tone-wise.

I actually might have one more question...

Do any of you have your D60/120 modded? Mine has a non-buffered non-switchable loop done by a local guy here where i live. So its always on and its been acting weirdly since I hooked up all of my pedals.

Whenever I bypass the loop completely or use a very short lead to jump the send/return the amp sounds exactly as it should. Loud and raw. But the second i use two of my 20 ft long planet waves cables (or any other longer leads) and have my DD20 and ehx pog running in a sort of bypass/loop box (i's got its in/out and send/return cause the D60 loop is always on) it sounds a LOT more quieter.

I have my volume set to 11 o'clock anything beyond that does not bring any more volume to the table. It used to be a lot louder most of my band mates would ask me to turn it down a notch if anything. Had been fully re-tubed last year and all was fine up to this point.

I measured all my cables and the resistance is at around 1 ohm, continuity was good.

Do you think that I should look into a buffer to fix that?

I love the F70, big improvement over the P50E IMHO. Nice clip.
K-Roll":1tkstm37 said:
I actually might have one more question...

Do any of you have your D60/120 modded? Mine has a non-buffered non-switchable loop done by a local guy here where i live. So its always on and its been acting weirdly since I hooked up all of my pedals.

Whenever I bypass the loop completely or use a very short lead to jump the send/return the amp sounds exactly as it should. Loud and raw. But the second i use two of my 20 ft long planet waves cables (or any other longer leads) and have my DD20 and ehx pog running in a sort of bypass/loop box (i's got its in/out and send/return cause the D60 loop is always on) it sounds a LOT more quieter.

I have my volume set to 11 o'clock anything beyond that does not bring any more volume to the table. It used to be a lot louder most of my band mates would ask me to turn it down a notch if anything. Had been fully re-tubed last year and all was fine up to this point.

I measured all my cables and the resistance is at around 1 ohm, continuity was good.

Do you think that I should look into a buffer to fix that?
You can run a short cable to a buffer, then out to your effects. Fryette has a loop for the Deliverance. It's easy to install, buffered, has on/off and hi/lo toggles. Costs about $150, any competent tech can install it.

Yeah mang, Fryette has their own. They will sell it to you if you're up to the task. Otherwise, you can send the amp to them. It switches in and out and has high and low inputs as said previously.

It's probably as transparent as the gear you run through it. With my late 90's Lexicon MPX-1, there's ever so slightly less bass and the highend is a bit rolled off.

46153113991_6821cb99de_c.jpg

Back