DIEZEL AMP BUT WICH ONE ?

MADFULL

Hi guys been a long time that i came on the forum ( the best ever ! )
today i wish to buy a diezel amp but i just don't know where to go my choice .
i hesitate between VH-4 or HERBERT and i just don't know what to do so please guys you owners can you tell me wich is the best way to go , i know they're both awesome but i have to make the right decision i saw a lot of video and i still don't know .

thanks for help

Herbert is king to me. I rented a VH4 to record with in Los Angeles and just didn't care for it too much compared to the roar of the Herbert. The Mid-cut seems to get abused though because some people can't cut through their bands with it. I've played shows with it off and it sounded amazing. Cut through like a knife. Makes sure you play both either way. The VH4 i rented might've had bad tubes.

Yer kidding... right?

This is the eternal question/battle/argument betwixt the Diezel family members :LOL: :LOL:

Quietly pick one, and don't ask for anyone's advice in the meantime.

Mojo

...get the VH4.

the only way to really know: play them side by side. and take a freind with you that checks when you are smiling ;)

Get a brand new D-Mol and make a great video :D

Between the 2 I'd go VH4, Hetfield fanboy... I personnally wnet for a Hagen.

Ventura":l4menyyo said:
Yer kidding... right?

This is the eternal question/battle/argument betwixt the Diezel family members :LOL: :LOL:

Mojo

...get the VH4.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously. Don't read anyones opinion on this matter. Play them both and make your own opinion.

-Alex

bananaladonpcp":2j9klq59 said:
Ventura":2j9klq59 said:
Yer kidding... right?

Mojo

...get the VH4.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously. Don't read anyones opinion on this matter. Play them both and make your own opinion.

-Alex
Absolutely - this is the best advice any one can give. Opinions are like assholes - everyone's got one and if it ain't yers, it typically stinks. So ya, you can't go wrong - the Herbert is s stellar amp and has gained a lot of traction in Japan's music arena. The VH4 is the King Daddy Diezel that started it all - and it's the amp that made Diezel's tone a signature tone. They're both incredible and ya, I've got the Hagen and no way am I letting it go. I love all Diezel amps. And the customer service is top-notch.

You'll love either amp guaranteed.

Peace,
Uncle Mo

You'd be a fool not to get the VH4, nuff said...

I had the same problem, but the only solution for me was to get both.
Not cheap, but worth it.

Reasoning?

Herbert Clean Channel, Awesome !!!
VH4 Ch. 2, untouchable crunch. Could not duplicate it on Herbert or any other amp....
Herbert Channel 2+, unreal in every aspect with a wide range of gain
VH4 Channel 3, unique unto itself and famous for a reason
VH4 CHannel 4, like liquid gold
Herbert Mid Cut, V2 and switchable loop are seriously good to have
VH4 Channel inserts are awesome for certain effects and work perfectly with external preamps

Back in the late 90's the VH4 may have been labeled a one channel amp and the Herbert a brute monster but over the years they have both been refined into extremely versatile amps with WIDE tonal ranges.

My personal experience with the VH4, having had a 99', 00', 03, and 05 was that the amp kept getting better and better, but once I got one of the newer versions I cursed the day Peter came out with the modern VH4. It had evolved into a true desert island / Swiss Army amp that did everything very well. I only wished I could have had those tones a decade earlier but it was worth the wait. The Herbert was just pure decadence on my part, just could not resist after getting the tonal spread with and without the mid cut and the magic with the mid cut down and V2 are remarkable.

MADFULL":1psw439g said:
. . . ( the best ever ! ) . . .
End Of Story - :rock:

Attachments

• The Rig.jpg
    The Rig.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 2,347
MARK2C":iu62ybxi said:
I had the same problem, but the only solution for me was to get both.
Not cheap, but worth it.

Reasoning?

Herbert Clean Channel, Awesome !!!
VH4 Ch. 2, untouchable crunch. Could not duplicate it on Herbert or any other amp....
Herbert Channel 2+, unreal in every aspect with a wide range of gain
VH4 Channel 3, unique unto itself and famous for a reason
VH4 CHannel 4, like liquid gold
Herbert Mid Cut, V2 and switchable loop are seriously good to have
VH4 Channel inserts are awesome for certain effects and work perfectly with external preamps

Back in the late 90's the VH4 may have been labeled a one channel amp and the Herbert a brute monster but over the years they have both been refined into extremely versatile amps with WIDE tonal ranges.

My personal experience with the VH4, having had a 99', 00', 03, and 05 was that the amp kept getting better and better, but once I got one of the newer versions I cursed the day Peter came out with the modern VH4. It had evolved into a true desert island / Swiss Army amp that did everything very well. I only wished I could have had those tones a decade earlier but it was worth the wait. The Herbert was just pure decadence on my part, just could not resist after getting the tonal spread with and without the mid cut and the magic with the mid cut down and V2 are remarkable.

Nice, I like the reasoning. Bottom line for the OP, just get one...you will be happy.

Diezel Rawks!!

Going to be totally up to your ears! ;)
I asked this same question.....as have hundreds before.
Bought a VH4S first.....LOVED IT!! :rock:
But the clips of the Herbert were HAUNTING me... :doh:
So I sold off the VH4S and bought a Herbert! Herbie was Kicking ass on all sorts of levels....

but....... :aww:

I preffered the VH4S for what I like to play. ;)

Cant go wrong with either....and thats the truth! :thumbsup:

Haven't played a Herbert, so can't help that choice, but I you're thinking of a VH4, look into a VH4S, too. Even if you don't use effects in stereo or wet/dry, the ability to run to separate settings for depth and presence is killer. I have one channel with the depth and presence around noon and the other channel has them practically off, balancing the masters to have equilavent volumes. Gives huge depth (one channel sounds big and fat and the other is leaner, faster and more aggressive). Not that the mono head sounds bad (love those too!).

The only way to answer this is to specify what you're going to be playing through it. Even then, it's not easy.

Personally I owned both and kept the Herbert because it does the 3D, utterly brutal rhythm tone best for me. The VH4 is tight as a witch's cleft, which is a good thing, but in my opinion doesn't sound as "massive". I do miss it, though.

-C

Well , my influence are Smashing Pumpkins , but i heard ...
Nirvana , Metallica, Killswitch Engage , Slipknot , Oasis , Blur , Hendrix , Aerosmith , Beatles , ...the list is too long .

I'm going to the Herbert at these time .
Herbert look simple, 3 channels and beautifull Amp sound ...

MADFULL":3orjiuoq said:
Well , my influence are Smashing Pumpkins , but i heard ...
Nirvana , Metallica, Killswitch Engage , Slipknot , Oasis , Blur , Hendrix , Aerosmith , Beatles , ...the list is too long .

I'm going to the Herbert at these time .
Herbert look simple, 3 channels and beautifull Amp sound ...

Good choice. YOU HEAR THAT UNCLE MO?? HE'S GOING WITH THE HERBERT!!!!! :rawk: :rawk:

Back