D'Moles - Desi Rexx

Desi Rexx from D'Molls came to audition for my band as the lead singer out here in LA. It was not a match made in heaven. We were way too heavy for him (and we weren't that heavy) and he was way too light for us. Nice guy. We were from Chicago, he was from Chicago.

I saw D'Molls a couple of times in the LA clubs. The first time was with guitarist Sean Frehill who had the largest hair I ever saw and this bitchin' Jackson Kelly. For that look, he looked about as cool as it got. The second time was with guitarist Scott Davis from Diamond Rexx in Chicago. Scott was a bit of a Rhoads freak, to put it mildly. The funny thing is that while in D'Molls, both of them went by the stage name S.S. Priest :LOL: :LOL:

And to be honest, even though they were Chicago boys and all, they really weren't very good. They were just contrived glam and just weren't that good at it, though they could all play. The songs were very average with no big hooks that really grabbed you. Their big hooks were just too obvious of attempts at having big hooks and just weren't hooky. LOL

Back