Do I need to connect both XLR outputs to use studio monitor?

kzai

Hi, firstly, I'm a newbie :)

I got the Torpedo X out of a trade. Planning to use it to hear my amp through different cabs.
Here lies my question. Can't find an answer in the manual.

I only have a single studio monitor. Can I just connect one XLR output to my studio monitor, or do I need a pair of studio monitors and connect both? Will i cause damage with just one?

If I can just use the one XLR connection which one should I plug into? Right or left?

And if I just want to use headphones, do I still need the XLR outputs to be connected to an audio interface/ monitors at the same time?

Thanks y'all

Good morning @kzai

Thanks so much for reaching out! We'd be happy to help you here!

I only have a single studio monitor. Can I just connect one XLR output to my studio monitor, or do I need a pair of studio monitors and connect both? Will i cause damage with just one?
You can certainly hook up just one XLR output, however with Stereo FX like the Twin Tracker, you will not hear the full effect unless you are connected to Two speakers.​
If I can just use the one XLR connection which one should I plug into? Right or left?
Either will be fine!​
And if I just want to use headphones, do I still need the XLR outputs to be connected to an audio interface/ monitors at the same time?
No, not at all. You can monitor safely with just your headphones connected.​
I hope that helps and if there is anything else we can assist with, please dont hesitate to get in touch!

Back