Dream Realized - Bogner Ecstasy 3534

MistaGuitah

FINALLY! Finally bought a 3534. I've been saving $200 per paycheck for several months to get one of these. Oh boy, oh boy is this the most exciting amp purchase ever. Actually, I started saving money to buy an Ecstasy 25, but then this came out and there was no question of choosing EL34s over EL84s. It should be a week or two longer according to my sales rep so I'll give you guys an update then. The Ecstasy 101b (and 20th anniversary) are amps that I know extremely well, so it will be easy to tell how the 3534 sounds in comparison.

Anyone get a 3534 yet? What are your thoughts so far? Anyone compare it to a 101B directly yet?

I got one a couple of weeks ago. Great amp, had the 25 prior, both have a great master volume sweep and get the goods at a reasonable volume. Still tweaking the bright switches and excursion, but play mostly in the middle positions on all. You'll be happy when you get it, I waited through a couple of months of eta extensions.

chadprsman":ld5fascj said:
I got one a couple of weeks ago. Great amp, had the 25 prior, both have a great master volume sweep and get the goods at a reasonable volume. Still tweaking the bright switches and excursion, but play mostly in the middle positions on all. You'll be happy when you get it, I waited through a couple of months of eta extensions.

I may have the option of a 25 instead but figured the 3534 would be most authentic to the 101B. However, I honestly think I could be happy with either one. The 25 sounds awesome on the demos and very much like an Ecstasy should sound but with less low end. There seems to have been some negative sentiment regarding the 25, but those opinions have been terse and lacked credibility. Now that you've played both, what are your thoughts? What are the pros/cons of the 25 vs 3534?

Nice, congrats! I'm looking forward to trying one myself. I'd like to hear your thoughts on how it compares to the 101b since you know that amp well.

MistaGuitah":2n9nlwmf said:
chadprsman":2n9nlwmf said:

I may have the option of a 25 instead but figured the 3534 would be most authentic to the 101B. However, I honestly think I could be happy with either one. The 25 sounds awesome on the demos and very much like an Ecstasy should sound but with less low end. There seems to have been some negative sentiment regarding the 25, but those opinions have been terse and lacked credibility. Now that you've played both, what are your thoughts? What are the pros/cons of the 25 vs 3534?

The 25 was awesome as well, sounded great with the el84s. I prefer the 35, it has a beefier green and blue channel, the red is similar. I haven't really cranked the 35, but playing volumes seemed similar to the 25. I guess the 35 blue channel has more gain, it is killer. The 25 is a great amp, most people dog the 84 tubes without giving it a chance, if the cab sim, direct out is important, the 25 has that.

According to Bogner, the Ecstasy 3534 has it's own unique sound, not the same as the 101B, which a lot of people including myself seemed to deduct, but actually sounds closest to the Ecstasy 20th anniversary. It's hard to tell from the few brief audio clips available but the clean channel sounds a lot like the 20th anniversary clean channel. The blue channel sounds a but different from the 101B, and the red channel sounds more like the 20th anniversary. I'm not sure what to make of the blue channel. I hope it's still very open, plexi type, but I also welcome more gain. Well, we will see by tomorrow or Thursday!

chadprsman":112wzp4q said:
MistaGuitah":112wzp4q said:
chadprsman":112wzp4q said:

The 25 was awesome as well, sounded great with the el84s. I prefer the 35, it has a beefier green and blue channel, the red is similar. I haven't really cranked the 35, but playing volumes seemed similar to the 25. I guess the 35 blue channel has more gain, it is killer. The 25 is a great amp, most people dog the 84 tubes without giving it a chance, if the cab sim, direct out is important, the 25 has that.

I can feel your excitement, MG. Congrats, man! :rock:

MistaGuitah":34vnih4t said:
Delivery on Thursday!
Should have arrived by now 'cause this was 2 weeks ago. Delayed? :gethim:

Metlupass2":34vnih4t said:
I hear that they are made in China at the same factory as the new Fortin Evil Pumpkin..... :LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL:

Rdodson":25px9ifo said:
Update this thread, please. I'd love to hear more about the 3534.

I've had it for a while now and it's almost like a smaller 20th anniversary Ecstasy basically. It's plenty loud and lots of punch for a 35w amp. It's easily deserving of being in the Ecstasy range. If you want to read a thorough review, PM and I'll send you the link.

MistaGuitah":2h0fmyvz said:
If you want to read a thorough review, PM and I'll send you the link.
Why not share the info/review with the whole forum, as the other good people do...you know share/learn...?
:thumbsdown:

Speeddemon":3o0r1ze9 said:
MistaGuitah":3o0r1ze9 said:
Why not share the info/review with the whole forum, as the other good people do...you know share/learn...?

No thanks. I wouldn't look forward to the opprobrium of posting opinions about gear. If someone wants my thoughts on a piece of gear, they can ask me and I'll provide freely.

MistaGuitah":1wovr6wj said:
Speeddemon":1wovr6wj said:
MistaGuitah":1wovr6wj said:

No thanks. I wouldn't look forward to the opprobrium of posting opinions about gear. If someone wants my thoughts on a piece of gear, they can ask me and I'll provide freely.

LMAO! :confused:

crwnedblasphemy":d7sy7y3s said:
MistaGuitah":d7sy7y3s said:
Speeddemon":d7sy7y3s said:
MistaGuitah":d7sy7y3s said:

LMAO! :confused:

Savage Riffer at his finest. ;)

Speeddemon":2dd80xxv said:
MistaGuitah":2dd80xxv said:

Yes please!

Back