Driftwood High Gain Clip

Sounds awesome!

I have 3 amps on my shortlist (aside from grail-material...one of which sold a while ago for chump change not too far from me),
Soldano SLO30, Bogner Xtc3534 and Driftwood Mini-Nightmare...
Your clip made the Driftwood #1 right now... 🤘 :cool:

Sounds awesome!

I have 3 amps on my shortlist (aside from grail-material...one of which sold a while ago for chump change not too far from me),
Soldano SLO30, Bogner Xtc3534 and Driftwood Mini-Nightmare...
Your clip made the Driftwood #1 right now... 🤘 :cool:
The amp is so worth it. I bought mine from Northerner Guitars, nice and easy…got it in 2 months (maybe less).

and thanks everyone for the kind words!

well thats quite the articulate little bugger , OMG that was tight. and didn't sound like the sludgy modern low mid , was more in Soldano territory to my ears , great tones , I am actually on the fence about ordering , BYW how is the mini for lower volume , and the recording out
I know the SLO30. and JJ will take you head of , is the Wood tapers on the master smoother and even or more hair-trigger

The master on this is fantastic, and that clip is straight from the recording out. Used their onboard load box (option).

This amp is much more versatile than any clips have made it out to be. It’s definitely in the SLO vein but drier and tighter, and much more gain on tap. Also, the clean is stellar.

The master on this is fantastic, and that clip is straight from the recording out. Used their onboard load box (option).

This amp is much more versatile than any clips have made it out to be. It’s definitely in the SLO vein but drier and tighter, and much more gain on tap. Also, the clean is stellar.

How do you like the on-board TS9 circuit vs pedals?

Sounds great! Awesome playing there. Was really digging some of those riffs. :rock:
The Mini Nightmare sure is a fantastic little amp.

Nice tone for sure but that’s some impressively tight playing and great riffs as well. I think some of the perceived tightness in this clip is due to the player!

Keith always has killer riffs, he’d make anything sound good ;) also, this is way better sounding than an SLO ever will be :D

Keith always has killer riffs, he’d make anything sound good ;) also, this is way better sounding than an SLO ever will be :D
Lol thanks! Yeah, I found the Soldano stuff to be a bit “tubby” in the low end. Could never get it tight and punchy enough for me, even with a boost.

Back