Driftwood High Gain Clip

Sounds great! Awesome playing there. Was really digging some of those riffs. :rock:
The Mini Nightmare sure is a fantastic little amp.
Thank you!
Nice tone for sure but that’s some impressively tight playing and great riffs as well. I think some of the perceived tightness in this clip is due to the player!
I don’t know, this amp is just on another level.

@Dimebag11 without the boost, is the base sound reasonably tight as well, or can you create a more flubby classic rock tone too, in Low Gain mode?
Low gain mode definitely removes all that modern low end. Low gain mode does classic rock fantastic. Tbh, I find this amp more of an organic rock machine that happens to just destroy for high gain as well.

Without the boost even in high gain mode it’ll sound closer to that looser/tubby modern tone. I actually really love my Les Paul with no boost on the high gain mode for just super awesome balls out hard rock tone (borderline metal).

not to hijack thread and it is the 100 watt , but for the big Rock / modern rock tones
have you guys seen this , thats a crazy freaking sound

That’s a great representation of the amp tbh.
Is the mini really close to that w the 5881 to me thats a great tone
I had read on another forum about not cutting through but your clips and Bretts don’t seem like that would be an issue at all
I am seriously thinking of ordering one but i think it will be like 4 grand canadian , but killer sounding amp
For me this and the Mezzabarba are
Some of the top of the list

@Dimebag11 how do the 2 modes for the clean channel differ in sound?
One mode is darker and more lush, and the other is brighter and more fender like.
Is the mini really close to that w the 5881 to me thats a great tone
I had read on another forum about not cutting through but your clips and Bretts don’t seem like that would be an issue at all
I am seriously thinking of ordering one but i think it will be like 4 grand canadian , but killer sounding amp
For me this and the Mezzabarba are
Some of the top of the list
To me the 5881s cut some of that modern low-mid thing and made it punchier and clearer. Still very similar to the 6L6, though….but I definitely prefer the 5881s.

Yeah the 5881 sound killer
Wonder what a 6CA7 would do
Are those not kind of mid ground between EL34 and 6l6

Yeah the 5881 sound killer
Wonder what a 6CA7 would do
Are those not kind of mid ground between EL34 and 6l6

Tried every combination you can imagine in my nightmare. Ended up with 2 EH 6CA7s and 2 gold lion KT88s. 6CA7s kill in it to me, best of both worlds from an el34 and 6L6

Tried every combination you can imagine in my nightmare. Ended up with 2 EH 6CA7s and 2 gold lion KT88s. 6CA7s kill in it to me, best of both worlds from an el34 and 6L6
So if you had just the 50
Watt 2 tube mini nightmare I am guessing your recommendation and. Choice would be the EH 6ca7

So if you had just the 50
Watt 2 tube mini nightmare I am guessing your recommendation and. Choice would be the EH 6ca7

Man, I love the 6ca7s, but you’ll have to try for yourself! They are killer to me. Since you only have two, if you can afford it, I’d buy a few sets of each (6L6s etc) and see what you like! Super simple to rebias too, that’s half the fun.

Man, I love the 6ca7s, but you’ll have to try for yourself! They are killer to me. Since you only have two, if you can afford it, I’d buy a few sets of each (6L6s etc) and see what you like! Super simple to rebias too, that’s half the fun.
Definitely give the Sovtek 5881WXTs a shot.

Back