EBMM YT Sig guitars

Waiting for the Fluff signature encampment tent. Dude already looks homeless. Guess he could use the box his sig. guitar comes in as shelter.

Waiting for the Fluff signature encampment tent. Dude already looks homeless. Guess he could use the box his sig. guitar comes in as shelter.
Dreading the thumbnail already. At least we know from the open mouthed expression thumbnails these guys all use, they have the ability to earn their keep if they do end up on the streets. Just need a little lip stick and they are there.

These dudes are making more money than most of y’all. Keep the jokes going but there’s absurd money in YT, even at reasonable subscription numbers. The goofball thumbnails and things they do are proven to get clicks.

Reactions: rsm
Full disclosure, I bought the aqua sparkle version. I’m not a 15 year old virgin. I’m a 41 year old married father with a good job. I get why people hate on signature gear, but I could care less who’s name is on it. To me, if the product has something I’m looking for, I’ll give it a go. Fact of the matter is that it’s a stingray rs with fishmans, a string through hard tail, flamed roasted neck, etc. I play a similar style as him and this checks alot of boxes for myself and guys in my genre. I have tried his fishman pickup too and it’s one of the better pups in their lineup. Don’t get hung up on the name.

Also, Rabea is a beast of a player. He can more than hold his own.

I love Guthrie Govan and hardly know who David Grissom is but those two sig guitars are a coin flip for me. I’d love to have either so for me it’s all about the actual guitar. Not much to do with the artist. I’d play a Cindi Lauper guitar if I liked it.

Full disclosure, I bought the aqua sparkle version. I’m not a 15 year old virgin. I’m a 41 year old married father with a good job. I get why people hate on signature gear, but I could care less who’s name is on it. To me, if the product has something I’m looking for, I’ll give it a go. Fact of the matter is that it’s a stingray rs with fishmans, a string through hard tail, flamed roasted neck, etc. I play a similar style as him and this checks alot of boxes for myself and guys in my genre. I have tried his fishman pickup too and it’s one of the better pups in their lineup. Don’t get hung up on the name.

Also, Rabea is a beast of a player. He can more than hold his own.
I get it dude. Just some low hanging fruit. It's just YT guitarist over saturation stage right now. No different than hairbands in the 80s, or shrapnel guitarists, etc.

I used to be against sig guitars until last year, when I got over myself and bought one because spec wise it ticked all the boxes. I'd love to have the same guitar built, in a different colour, without the signature. But at the end of the day I'm also a (nearly 41 year old) father of 2 and can't just order a 12k custom shop.

It's mostly silly to me. Once upon a time, a musician who achieved something in the music had a signature model. A guy who reviews gear on YT has it today. Weird, but I must admit, I am old fart already :)

I don’t even have cable TV anymore since I travel for work and don’t really watch anything other than football. So my ‘TV’ is YouTube. But the only thing I follow there is Bukovac…who afaik has never once said to like or click subscribe or anything like that. He has a Deusenberg sig that looks cool but I think Id rather have a DGT (a player I hardly know).

These guys wouldn’t be putting in the effort if it wasn’t making them some money. I wonder how much Troy Grady has made? He probably deserves a sig model if all these other guys do.

hope it works out well for all those involved; I have no problem buying sig gear if offers something I want.

For example, my Marr Jag does everything useful a '60s Jag spec does, and deletes the things most Jag players never use, and it does much more than a '60s spec Jag. One thing it does, is it can sound like a Ric, so I sold a few of my Rics.

FWIW, I haven't seen a YT influencer's sig guitar, amp, pedal, pickups, etc., that interests me thus far. If something interests me, who knows?

Dreading the thumbnail already. At least we know from the open mouthed expression thumbnails these guys all use, they have the ability to earn their keep if they do end up on the streets. Just need a little lip stick and they are there.
I can’t shake the sneaking suspicion that Fluff breaks into and squats at Pete Thorn’s basement to do his own videos while Pete is away on tour. It’s awfully kind of Pete to look the other ways and not press charges.

These dudes are making more money than most of y’all. Keep the jokes going but there’s absurd money in YT, even at reasonable subscription numbers. The goofball thumbnails and things they do are proven to get clicks.
the path of humanity autodestruction, people worried about money more than the art itself, it's sad to see incredible players with low numbers of subscriptions because they focus on music more than "viral content"

I hate both of those players' playing and personalities. But I mean... did you see the vids? Both of the dudes' sig guitars are horrible. Especially Fluff's. Dude is like 50 and his guitar looks like he made it to write the next late 90's preteen Pop Punk hit.

the path of humanity autodestruction, people worried about money more than the art itself, it's sad to see incredible players with low numbers of subscriptions because they focus on music more than "viral content"

Neural DSP is creating Archetype plugins for YT influencers, meanwhile they haven't created an Archetype Holdsworth (etc.); which is consistent with your statement IMO.

Is this not how pop media has always worked?

Back