EMG Revelation Strikes Again... (and the ISP Theta Pro, and the Charvel DK24...)

@McLeanAB - I see you're the resident expert on the ISP Theta. I wanted to ask your guidance on getting a good live sound out of this unit.

The other guitarist in my band is using the Michael Sweet Theta and it sounds like a boxy blanketed digital mess.

Signal chain: ISP Theta > Seymour Duncan Powerstage > Mesa 412.

What can I do to help him improve his live sound. I read a couple other threads you started, and thought you might be able to help me help him take this unit to the next level. Please? 😅

Thanks!

Hey there,

My guess is that he's using one of the Michael Sweet presets, which is a very particular sound MS likes: cocked wah, almost Rockman without the chorus sound. I'm certainly not a fan (none of my sounds are anything like that). Try any of the other presets other than the MS presets and you might have a good starting point.

Make sure as well, since he's driving a real cabinet, to have the speaker simulators turned OFF in either the globals settings or in whatever patch he's using.

Barring those two options to start, grab the unit yourself and tweak it!

Good luck!

Hey there,

My guess is that he's using one of the Michael Sweet presets, which is a very particular sound MS likes: cocked wah, almost Rockman without the chorus sound. I'm certainly not a fan (none of my sounds are anything like that). Try any of the other presets other than the MS presets and you might have a good starting point.

Make sure as well, since he's driving a real cabinet, to have the speaker simulators turned OFF in either the globals settings or in whatever patch he's using.

Barring those two options to start, grab the unit yourself and tweak it!

Good luck!
Thanks man, appreciate it!

Edit: @McLeanAB - thanks again, this helped a ton. Can definitely hear that cocked wah sound, but turning off the cab sim took it in the right direction. \,,/

Last edited:
Back