England V30s Chinese V30s

jmgman69":3w12j0xy said:
:LOL: :LOL: Ya,I dont really care about what sounds better as to how to tell them apart.I have 8 of these and nowhere do they say made in anywhere.The white sticker says Celestion 50
T3904 16 ohm vintage 30 20FN
and the cones say 020 444 but my best guess would be china as they don't say made in england anywhere. :confused:

it's china
tonal difference exists, but becomes irrelevant when you try them in different cabs
all versions sound just as good as the others (regular uk 60w v30, marshall uk 70w v30, marshall mode four 70w v30mf, china 60w v30, mesa uk 70w v30)

ericsabbath":33s848xg said:
jmgman69":33s848xg said:
:LOL: :LOL: Ya,I dont really care about what sounds better as to how to tell them apart.I have 8 of these and nowhere do they say made in anywhere.The white sticker says Celestion 50
T3904 16 ohm vintage 30 20FN
and the cones say 020 444 but my best guess would be china as they don't say made in england anywhere. :confused:

it's china
tonal difference exists, but becomes irrelevant when you try them in different cabs
all versions sound just as good as the others (regular uk 60w v30, marshall uk 70w v30, marshall mode four 70w v30mf, china 60w v30, mesa uk 70w v30)

YEah man.
I have 4 UK Marshall mode 4 V30's 70w
4 UK V30's 60w
4 Chinese V30 60w

I'm sure they all sound different but without loading them in the same cab I would never know. I just know my cabs all sound different.

Bob Savage":2vll95mb said:
some dude":2vll95mb said:
Bob Savage":2vll95mb said:
Aren't the English made V30s like 15-20 years old by now? As I understand it they don't have lines on two continents (heard China has the machinery/tooling from the England plant) and the V30 went overseas eons ago.

Anybody with enough facts to validate (or not)?

Speaker assembly moved to China sometime around 2006.

Interesting, because I would swear these threads existed on HC a number of years before 2006, and the V30 had already been in China for some 10+ years. I was a part of some of these type threads as was Ed Degenaro who may be able to back me up on this.

I remember people commenting that the frames were stamped in Asia and shipped to the UK and that the older speakers were better due to better steel. I'd also heard that certain speakers were already being produced in China for OEM use in Chinese built combos/cabs. The only specific example I remember hearing of this is the Vox made Alnico Blue, but I'm sure there's others.

I was going to include the first detail in my previous post, but I didn't know how accurate it was so I deleted that part. However, Ayrton's quote seems to back that detail up so for whatever it's worth...

I only remember the date because I had an English made cab from that time period. Back then I wanted to confirm where the speakers were from figuring that UK V30s might shoot up in value. Truth is that very few people seem to care where they're from. Bogner still makes some of the best V30 cabs in the world, and by all accounts Bogner uses regular old V30s...

But I hear that Shaolin Monks at the Chinese factory visit the factory everyday and sprinkle magic pixie dust on the speaker cones, thus the warmer tones. Any truth to this?

Gold Peak started full Celestion manufacturing in early 2003 in China. You can still get UK-made Cele's with the Blue, Gold, 12M & 12H Heritage, Neo models, as well as the CL-80 (under the Mesa 90 label). Gold Peak also provides speakers for JBL, Fender, QSC, Samson, and others.

Back