even modded marshalls by cameron are in ccv price range now!

I gotta tell you ive seen you post over and over about "feel".
If you think a cameron is the only anp that feels amazing id suggest you expand your horizons to folks who aren't Felons.
Oh Sammy/Charvel Dan you don’t have to worry about my amp ‘horizons’. I have a C+, maybe the best/most unique feel in high gain amps. I’ve owned a Naylor, also great unique feel.
My 72 and 83 Marshall’s have nice feel but those pale to the Cameron.
Oh, and Dan, I hear tell you’re a felon yourself....afaik MC is not, at this point.

It sucks that amps needed to be gooped, but let’s be clear, it is/was done to prevent people from stealing their ideas and claiming them as their own and profiting off of these ideas. I can name a few well known amp people who have done this... in fact some of these well known people goop / hide their amp circuits as well.

I know for a fact that my old 50 watt Cameron originally had the board gooped and someone meticulously removed the goop to see and copy the mods. Then after I sold it I saw pictures and things were tinkered with.

Ironically though the basis of many Cameron amp designs are from Jose Arredondo, so Mark was profiting off these ideas.

A real question...what do you do with a Cameron modded Marshall if something ever happens to it? I know amp techs can work on them but are they proprietary to the point where only Mark can fix them? I could see a tech working on an amplifier like this and not be able to get it how Mark intends it to be. Maybe I am way off base as I have no experience in this field. Is that a risk in owning an amp like this?

dude, thats when you send it to billy blades!! whoa! sliced by the bladez!

Oh Sammy/Charvel Dan you don’t have to worry about my amp ‘horizons’. I have a C+, maybe the best/most unique feel in high gain amps. I’ve owned a Naylor, also great unique feel.
My 72 and 83 Marshall’s have nice feel but those pale to the Cameron.
Oh, and Dan, I hear tell you’re a felon yourself....afaik MC is not, at this point.
Nah, he’s not Dan. You’d know because he’d be swinging from Friedmans nut sack

Ironically though the basis of many Cameron amp designs are from Jose Arredondo, so Mark was profiting off these ideas.
Actually, I know you know amp design, take a look at Jose mods then look at Cameron mods. Jose took Marshall’s design and pushed it. Mark took Jose’s design and pushed it. If you look at most Jose type amp mods today, most are closer to Cameron than Jose (obviously there is still lots of “Jose” in the mods) Also, Cameron mods and voices each individual amp. As I understand it, Jose (and some other popular modders) do the same thing to each amp. This is another reason why people have a difficult time copying Marks mods... they are all modded differently... hence another reason for goop. Different parts/design to achieve a good end result. Thinking further, this is one of Marks downfalls. He felt compelled to creat me something new each time. Has he stuck with and implemented the same design over and over he wouldn’t have the trouble he has today. Think of Soldano... he’s been doing the same exact SLO design for 30+ years and is successful from it.

When Mark helped me with my JCA20 many years ago (over the phone and via text) he told me things to try and test out. He couldn’t/wouldn’t tell me something to do “exactly” since there were too many variables. The end result was basically my design with Marks guidance.

With all of this said, the last thing this world needs is another Jose variable. 😂

I gotta tell you ive seen you post over and over about "feel".
If you think a cameron is the only anp that feels amazing id suggest you expand your horizons to folks who aren't Felons.
To answer this from my perspective, there only only 4-5 amps that I’ve ever played that felt like I wasn’t fighting the amp. A few are Mark series amps, IIC+ (++) III, and Mark IV. The others are Cameron amps... CCV, Jose and Aldrich and my JC20 modded amp. Every other amp I’ve played never felt as good as those. SLO, Rectos, Wizards, Marshall’s, Fenders, Friedman, Suhr, Bogner, Line 6, Pewvey, Diezel, Egnator, Engl, Splawn, Randall, EVH, etc etc etc. Before you get on my case about Cameron, I bought my CCV in 2009 and got my Aldrich mod in 2011ish. This was before there were amps paid for but undelivered. Last amp I had modded was around 2012ish that I sold off almost immediately to a friend (it was an Ocean mod).

Fun fact, The Cameron CCV manual that is posted in the Cameron Forum was written by me for the new Cameron amps venture around the end of 2011.

Last edited:
To answer this from my perspective, there only only 4-5 amps that I’ve ever played that felt like I wasn’t fighting the amp. A few are Mark series amps, IIC+ (++) III, and Mark IV. The others are Cameron amps... CCV, Jose and Aldrich and my JC20 modded amp. Every other amp I’ve played never felt as good as those. SLO, Rectos, Wizards, Marshall’s, Fenders, Friedman, Suhr, Bogner, Line 6, Pewvey, Diezel, Egnator, Engl, Splawn, Randall, EVH, etc etc etc. Before you get on my case about Cameron, I bought my CCV in 2009 and got my Aldrich mod in 2011ish. This was before there were amps paid for but undelivered. Last amp I had modded was around 2012ish that I sold off almost immediately to a friend (it was an Ocean mod).

Fun fact, The Cameron CCV manual that is posted in the Cameron Forum was written by me for the new Cameron amps venture around the end of 2011.
For the most part I agree with this in regards to feel. The 2 high gain amps that have the best feel to me of everything I’ve tried have been my iic+ and prototype Purpleface VH4 PTP (sounds and feels nothing like a Diezel haha. More like a great modded Marshall with some SLO in there). My CCV or Naylor would be my 2nd favorites in feel, but I can see some preferring them in feel. I’m sure the Larry’s would also have amazing feel. I’ve grown to actually like the feel of my Badlander a lot, but those others are my favorites in feel

For non-high gain amps the Gjika, Jim Kelley, and of course Dumble have incredible feel. Apples and oranges of course versus those high gain amps, but I would argue that their feel is on a higher level for what they’re going for than those high gain amps

Yep, and you like to sit here and wonder why MCs stuff is still sought after, and top dollar paid in many cases.
Seems to me the majority of players who have played these amps, agree with me.

I gotta say Sam, some of your posts have some ‘tells’ that point to you being Charvel Dan....
Is that you Danny boy?
Will the real Charvel Dan please stand up.:p

Actually, I know you know amp design, take a look at Jose mods then look at Cameron mods. Jose took Marshall’s design and pushed it. Mark took Jose’s design and pushed it. If you look at most Jose type amp mods today, most are closer to Cameron than Jose (obviously there is still lots of “Jose” in the mods) Also, Cameron mods and voices each individual amp. As I understand it, Jose (and some other popular modders) do the same thing to each amp. This is another reason why people have a difficult time copying Marks mods... they are all modded differently... hence another reason for goop. Different parts/design to achieve a good end result. Thinking further, this is one of Marks downfalls. He felt compelled to creat me something new each time. Has he stuck with and implemented the same design over and over he wouldn’t have the trouble he has today. Think of Soldano... he’s been doing the same exact SLO design for 30+ years and is successful from it.

When Mark helped me with my JCA20 many years ago (over the phone and via text) he told me things to try and test out. He couldn’t/wouldn’t tell me something to do “exactly” since there were too many variables. The end result was basically my design with Marks guidance.

With all of this said, the last thing this world needs is another Jose variable. 😂

Yeah, not a knock on Cameron's ability, just that he benefited from exposure to Jose modded marshals. Then to turn around a goop his stuff. I see it as not wanting to pay it forward. But I guess that's open to opinion.

As for Cameron's Jose mods, the biggest difference from the original I see is the addition of the depth circuit. Friedman did this too
I'm not sure who did it first, Dave or Mark. Beyond that it's a few component value changes/different parts, etc..

If you look at the Jose scheme around you can see what path Friedman took, and what path Cameron took.

As you know, anyone that has tinkered with amps knows there is more to it than just copying the circuit. Component selection can make all the difference. This is why someone can make a clone, and it not sound right.

Ah, and last but not least, yes I know of some very well know builders/companies that have ripped Marks version of the Jose.

Yeah, not a knock on Cameron's ability, just that he benefited from exposure to Jose modded marshals. Then to turn around a goop his stuff. I see it as not wanting to pay it forward. But I guess that's open to opinion.

As for Cameron's Jose mods, the biggest difference from the original I see is the addition of the depth circuit. Friedman did this too
I'm not sure who did it first, Dave or Mark. Beyond that it's a few component value changes/different parts, etc..

If you look at the Jose scheme around you can see what path Friedman took, and what path Cameron took.

As you know, anyone that has tinkered with amps knows there is more to it than just copying the circuit. Component selection can make all the difference. This is why someone can make a clone, and it not sound right.

Ah, and last but not least, yes I know of some very well know builders/companies that have ripped Marks version of the Jose.
Who was that?

5150 was possibly the first with a depth/ resonance 1992. dont remember any amps before having that and that was long before mark

The mesa mk4 had that ckt in '90 and that would be the earliest in a prodution amp but I know that ckt was around far before that bc Todd Langner modded my amps years before in '83.

Last edited:
It sucks that amps needed to be gooped, but let’s be clear, it is/was done to prevent people from stealing their ideas and claiming them as their own and profiting off of these ideas. I can name a few well known amp people who have done this... in fact some of these well known people goop / hide their amp circuits as well.

I know for a fact that my old 50 watt Cameron originally had the board gooped and someone meticulously removed the goop to see and copy the mods. Then after I sold it I saw pictures and things were tinkered with.
Everyone knows the schematics behind Friedman’s and Soldano’s yet people want the real thing. He’s really not protecting anything. He is preventing himself from profiting through business practices. Ther are lots of 1:1 Cameron clones out there that people probably couldn’t tell the difference, but they’ll always want the Cameron and not the clone. Just like Dumbles, there is nothing unknown at this point I think time

Everyone knows the schematics behind Friedman’s and Soldano’s yet people want the real thing. He’s really not protecting anything. He is preventing himself from profiting through business practices. Ther are lots of 1:1 Cameron clones out there that people probably couldn’t tell the difference, but they’ll always want the Cameron and not the clone. Just like Dumbles, there is nothing unknown at this point I think time
Exactly. If I build a Cameron clone no one will want it. I couldn't give it away. Doesn't matter how good it is. Gooping an amp makes zero sense

Back