Everyone’s favorite high gain Brit amp?

Original Friedman BE100. Now that the Deluxe version has been released there are some good deals to be had on the Original. Splawn Quickrod is another good choice. But to be honest if you already have or can get your hands on a stock 2204/2203. Just boost it with a inexpensive Boss SD-1 and call it a day. There are plenty of other options of modded Marshall style amps but I only have hands on experience with what I mentioned. Plenty to research though and I'm sure the guys will give you some other good recommendations. Good luck on your search.

Take your pick!

Attachments

• 20220206_180928.jpg
    20220206_180928.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 55
Y'all know my answer.

Truthfully it depends on your playing style though.

I can see a plexi or 800 with a boost, a jube, Monomyth, wizard, etc, being the best for various reasons.

Larry absolutely kills for my style 🤷

Modded Marshalls are such a wide range now though, it truly depends on what youre trying to get out of it.

Uneducated questions:

What's the difference in an 800 and Jubilee?

The new Jubes are much cheaper than the 800 (like over 1K). Why?

Landry Lexi. I just received mine from Bill a few days ago. He added a depth control and a voice switch on the back. This amp is IT. The build quality is top notch. This amp delivers everything! I'll do a review in a few days.

I’m really into the modded marshall sounds now more than anything what awesome amps should I be looking for ?
Give us lots more details and we can help:
- budget
- what you've already tried or owned, what you did and didn't like
- 50, 100 watts? Smaller?
- do you want or need a clean channel, or lower gain plexi sounds?
- need a loop, or anything other features?
- budget

Did I mentioned your budget? Pretty big jump from Wangs to Wizard.

Landry Lexi. I just received mine from Bill a few days ago. He added a depth control and a voice switch on the back. This amp is IT. The build quality is top notch. This amp delivers everything! I'll do a review in a few days.
Please do report back! We just did a video on our LS50G3 and man that thing kills. It too has deep and voice on the rear, so interested to see how the Lexi differs.

Back