Faber bridges?

locoed

Has anybody used a Faber on their Gibson?
If so,do you like it? Does it help keep your guitar
In tune? I've been using Tonepros and I like them
But the price of them is high,I'm just looking for OEM
Looking parts that are quality.
I've always had tuning issues with my Gibsons and now
I'm replacing parts on one to see if I can figure this out.

I just bought the bridge with the stop bar.
I'm looking forward to these parts,thanks.

I'll put in another recommendation for the Faber stuff. I replaced the bridge, as well as got the iNsert bridge studs and also also decided to grab the the ton-loc studs for the stop tail and have been very happy with the results. Got another custom on the way and plan on doing the same to this one.

Faber makes good stuff. I have the locking ABR in nickle with raw brass saddles and ToneLock TP studs. I have it on a 2012 Traditional Plus Gibson Les Paul. It made a nice improvement in tone for me.

Most tuning issues with gibsons are related to the nut, in my experience. You could end up replacing parts that don't need to be. A good tech should be able to sort it out.

I ordered the ABRN with brass saddles,and the aluminum stop bar.
Looking forward to setting this up. It's going on an original 84 Explorer.
If I like it then I'll go down the line and start replacing these on my
Les Paul's.
I did have the nut replaced with carbon fiber,the guy made the slots to
The size of my strings 13-64 very heavy strings.
Thanks for the input fellers.

I just got these and i must say they look fantastic,i bought the aged nickel aluminum.
They look very well machined,despite being aged they look super clean,well built and
light in weight,i'll know in a few days if they live up to their rep.
Thanks dudes for letting me know. :rock:
Hopefully you can see these pics.
Oh and the saddles are brass :thumbsup: Very cool.

Attachments

• photo-8.JPG
    photo-8.JPG
    474.4 KB · Views: 1,730
  • photo-7.JPG
    photo-7.JPG
    525 KB · Views: 1,717
  • photo-10.JPG
    photo-10.JPG
    499.1 KB · Views: 1,726
  • photo-9.JPG
    photo-9.JPG
    433.1 KB · Views: 1,729
cool...give us an update once you install it. I didn't notch the saddles any further on mine. I strung/tuned up to check and they starter notches were perfectly centered. I bought files intending to do so but the strings stay place fine.

My bridge is in need of replacement on my LP Special. I was looking at a Callaham or Faber. Very curious how the brass saddles change the tone. I don't want to alter the sound too much as it sounds good, but the bridge is collapsing a bit and needs to go.

For sure,it'll be setup tomorrow but I'm gonna give it some time to see what kind of difference there is. The guitar is alder so I'm hoping the brass doesn't make it brighter.
I never thought I'd be this geeked about a bridge & stop bar.
I will say Faber products smoke gibson OEM.
The original bridge that came off this explorer was also
German.
I don't want to notch these saddles but I'm using 13-64 strings,so I might have to since they are so thick :doh:

The brass saddles won't make it brighter, but should mellow it out a bit. The bridge material could be brighter sounding than the material of the stock bridge so it may all balance out in the end.

boost":2w29m22e said:
The brass saddles won't make it brighter, but should mellow it out a bit. The bridge material could be brighter sounding than the material of the stock bridge so it may all balance out in the end.

I'm looking forward to passive pups and this helping me.
Anything to get sound clarity.

Back