Favorite boost/od for high gain amps?

ultimatemetalguitartones

Yeah I know not another boost/ od thread lol but I'm in the lookout for a boost mainly for my Mesa Boogie Tremoverb.
Tight / aggressive /great attack and definition for rhythm metal is what I'm looking for.
Any suggestions?

Probably not the answer most guys would want since it’s stupidly priced now, but of the 160+ boosts I’ve been through easily a Klon centaur (especially with your amps), but some of the klones like the Decibelics are solid alternatives and with your Mesas in particular my other favorites are the recent Tamura modded Tubescreamers and Fortin modded ones. The Tamura ones also are low noise as a nice bonus. The Fortin TS can be a bit much sometimes, but I love it

My vintage TC integrated pre is quite good too, the recent made copies like the Dirty Tree or Fortin 33 I didn’t like as they sounded too filtered and sterile. The vintage Furman PQ3’s are incredible but super noisy and expensive. Everything else I’ve tried for this criteria need not exist as far as I’m concerned

TL;DR I’d say check out the Tamura & Fortin Tubescreamers and some of the good Klones

EDIT: there are a few other excellent vintage PQ units, but they are also very noisy and expensive like the Audioarts 4100 and Intersound units

anything made by Wayne on here. I have maybe four of his builds and except for the fuzz-they all kill with my tremoverb. My favorites are the screamer 808 and the chiron. just killer fuckin pedals....and the fuzz just does it's own thing-and it's cool also...

MXR Custom Badass Modified OD.

For really right stuff the Precision Drive or KSR Eros are nice. The KSR controls don't work like a normal boost, so it can be a little confusing to dial in.

For classic 90s/00s metal - TS9/808. It's like it was made for that amp.

For modern, I like the Precision Drive - you can dial brightness/attack and get it extremely modern but it's still usable tuned standard (unlike a 33 style circuit)

Yeah I know not another boost/ od thread lol but I'm in the lookout for a boost mainly for my Mesa Boogie Tremoverb.
Tight / aggressive /great attack and definition for rhythm metal is what I'm looking for.
Any suggestions?
So, my brother bought a pedal at a yard sale for $10 bucks, brought it home and gave it to me.
Where upon I threw it in my box of pedals and forgot about it.
Fast forward 2 years later, digging through my collection and I see it and realize I’d never even tried it.
Hooked it up and was blown away.
Warm, smooth and transparent, added just enough but was very clean and didn’t color my tone.
It became my favorite OD of all time.
The humble Blues Driver.
Try one.

Back