Favorite boost/od for high gain amps?

For non boutique pedals, I really like the TS Mini compared with any other box-stock TS offering.

For a high gain amp that has plenty going on all by itself and a tone that I like, I really dig the Spark Mini. Stoopid simple, virtually zero tone filtering or coloring, just that lil’ extra ‘kick’ for leads.

Not much I can say that hasn't been already said here, but I will HIGHLY recommend the Mesa Cleo. It pairs so well with a Recto and with most amps really. It's so clean sounding and really doesn't color the overall tone. It helps "tame" the low end, but somehow retains it in a tighter format. Most TS styles always are a no brainer, but they can color a little too much in my opinion. Some like that though and that's cool too. And any Klon style is a fantastic choice. Again, nothing new to add really, but you have soooo many great choices.

I just got this recently and it has quickly become my favorite. It also doubles as a preamp if you run it in the loop.

QInCDkz.jpg

I rarely use pedals with my tube amps unless it's a noise gate; two exceptions for boost: Source Audio EQ2 and/or occasionally Source Audio UltraWave. Both have an internal noise gate.

FWIW, the EQ2 works great in front of the amp, and in the loop to lower the level (I tested it but rarely use it, works great)

Back