Favorite stoner metal riffs?

My favorite stoner tune came from a band that was about 5 years too late for the 80s metal, The Scream. Bruce Boulliet and John Corabi. Most know their first album (which is awesome) but their second release (Takin it to the Next Level) was great too. John Corabi didn't sing on this release. Complete shift in style but great nonetheless. This song is up there for me in regards to a stoner type of tune.

Fuck yes. Ya'll are speaking my language!
Hard to whittle it down to just a couple, but here goes:

High on Fire: Madness of an Architect (Everything about it, the intro buildup, main verse riff, outro.. all massive!)

Operator Generator: Polar Fleet (Some excellent grooves on this one, remind me of Kyuss at times)

Acid King: Drive Fast Take Chances (Soo fuzzy, soo good, like a plodding behemoth)

Potion: Hallucination Rites (Little bit Electric Wizard, little bit Eyehategod in their slower moments, just filthy!)

Just gonna leave this one here..

Attachments

• xkl2nh4w2c961.jpg
    xkl2nh4w2c961.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 47
Fuck yes. Ya'll are speaking my language!
Hard to whittle it down to just a couple, but here goes:

High on Fire: Madness of an Architect (Everything about it, the intro buildup, main verse riff, outro.. all massive!)

Operator Generator: Polar Fleet (Some excellent grooves on this one, remind me of Kyuss at times)

Acid King: Drive Fast Take Chances (Soo fuzzy, soo good, like a plodding behemoth)

Potion: Hallucination Rites (Little bit Electric Wizard, little bit Eyehategod in their slower moments, just filthy!)

I've been really digging Potion lately.

This is a great thread for me as I am sort of new to stoner metal but not new to stoner metal. Am I stoned right now?

There's some good shit in here, kept my ear holes full of smokey goodness all day. I'm properly inspired now.

By the way, has anybody gotten good sounds out of a fuzz pedal with EMGs? Sounds like ass every time I try, I'm sure the pedals are meant to work with passive pickups.

Back