Favorite Synergy Modules ??

griff10672

I have a Syn2 running into a Mesa Strategy 400 out into two 4x12 's .... loving it so far !!
Wondering what people think are the better modules or their favorites .....so far I have tried the following :
Soldano Slo
Engle Savage
Diezel Herbert
Metropoulos Metroplex
Fryette Deliverence
Friedman BB -BE
Friedman HBE
Synergy OS
Bogner Uberschall
Fryette Pittbull

So far I've only kept the Uberschall , Pittbull and the OS but I'm pretty stuck in between the Uber and the Pittbull for a favorite .... they both are incredible ..
I kept the OS just to have a module with some cleans ...... and the cleans are pretty decent in it .
I've wondered about the 2CP ... but I've got a few things in the studio to cop a good 2C+ tone ( Mark III Purple Stripe and a Studio Pre ) so it might be a moot point checking one out .

I have a modded Randall RM100 with a SYN2 in the loop. Of the synergy modules Pittbull and IICP are my favorites.

I also just got the old Randall modules I sent to Jaded Faith back. Rob modded them into a Wrecked (Trainwreck) and JFX (Peavey JSX) Those are pretty darn sweet too. I'm looking to get a couple more modules to be sent off for mods.

I haven't tried any of the Randall modules yet ..... or any of the Salvation Audio versions .... so far they have been harder to come by on the used market

You're not missing much on the Randall modules. Synergy ones are better and cover much of the same ground. I did discover the Randall blackface module sounds pretty good through a bass amp.

I haven't tried any Salvation ones eiter. The few that pop up aren't the ones I'm more interested in. I may end up seeing about ordering something direct.

I must have not known how to dial the Uber module in. I hated it but so many say they love it, it def must have been my own user error.

I hated the OS / dumble module thing too.

I really like the plexi, bbbe, slo and deliverance

Im so-so on the vh4 800 DS Bman and the IICP

Id like to try the powerball but im waiting for the pending release of whats gonna either be the Friedman Deluxe or a 5150 type.

They are ruining the momentum they had 2 years ago with no releases in what, 9 months now? Fire be damned, they could at least annouce release dates for new shit so i dont just give up on the system.

How do you guys run the settings on your Pitbull module? I've not had the best tone out of the box with that one but haven't had it for very long so probably not setting it up right.

The best modules haven't come out yet I don't think. I'd like a Supro and maybe a Friedman smallbox JEL or low gain/ high gain plexi.

As for stock Randall modules, they were actually pretty good. The signature (correct spec) Brahma is still the best Marshall hands down I don't care what anyone says. That's JMP in a box for cheap. Scary was really good if you added a switch to tighten gain / low end a bit, and the Super V was a really cool take on the AC30. These were tuned for Lynch's ears and that guy knows tone.

I have a BB/BE and DS and they are "good" but not amazing. The Brahma chews them both up. But hey, it was designed by Friedman so no hate here.

Back