Finally bought my "Dream Amp"today ....disappointed....

i can make any amp sound decent on youtube...that is rolling the dice !

and 'rolling the dice' the way you meant it is just...wait ! let me get my thesaurus....preposterous !!!

I wouldn’t recommend expecting to enjoy the sound of one amplifier over another based on what it costs.
yeah thats TGP type shit :p

I took crap in the HCAF days for my 5150 back when they were $400 used and people thought they sounded like bees. :LOL:

how can 'one' be surprised by the sound of a new amp?

didn't you try it before you purchased it?

sight unseen (ear unheard?)...???

we've really become sheep for shearing by the sales execs...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Uhhh... it's incredibly common to purchase an amp online before having the chance to try it. Or have you been under a rock for the past 20+ years? If you have local music shops to try out high caliber amps before purchase, consider yourself privileged.

Last edited:
I’ll bet my last dollar there ain’t nothing wrong with the Uber …. You just don’t like it.

This is what happens when you make up things in our mind, expectations, things we are “supposed” to like. Same thing happed with me and the SLO. I thought it was going to be on another level… it wasn’t, in the least to me.

Total buzzkill I know. There’s nothing wrong with your amp; the Uber and 5150 feel wise are worlds apart, and the Uber needs a boost for most people. Even still, it never had the punch and girth of a recto to me. Tons of low end? Absolutely, but not the punch in the gut like a recto.

Uhhh... it's incredibly common to purchase an amp online before having the chance to try it. Or have you been under a rock for the past 20+ years? If you have local music shops to try out high caliber amps before purchase, consider yourself privileged.
incredibly common doesnt mean it is not incredibly stupid !

....cant get your greasy paws on it...you go without ! ....or visit a place where they have shops...there... problem solved!

Last edited:
You’re not wrong. Sound different? Sure. Blow it away? Personal opinion.

My 5150II has kept a lot of gas at bay even slightly modded. It just plain works. I’m thankful I’m done cycling amps. If the amps I have can’t do the job it’s not the amp that is the problem.
There it is!!!!!!!!
Your tail-end last sentence.
BOOM.
We need to be reminded of that.

Sounds like Cameron needs to mod it.
Where the hell is that Aldrich with the 6 position Uberschall bass boost?
Now that amp will MAUL any Uber revision or
Peavey.

I’m not using my cabs right now because I live in a apartment complex . I’m going into my Hx stomp with ownhammer IRs and go into HS-8 monitors or Sennheiser monitor headphones.
You guys aren’t reading through this correctly. He’s not even comparing through a cab. It’s being improperly used. No mention of any load box. So, basically comparing 2 amps through a low end modeling device and some studio speakers. I’m sorry, I don’t get it. Any Bogner amps magic is through the power amp feel. No modeler is going to replicate that dampening effect.

Last edited:
I have a 5150 and an Uber Blue right here. The 5150 never gets touched. So yeah, tubes, speakers, whatever. There's something wrong

Plug the amp into a 4x12 cab, give it some volume and ditch the all knobs at noon bullshit. Who came up with that anyway? It should be abolished. Adjust the knobs with your ears. The Presence control is very powerful and interacts in a unique way with other controls. If you are going to run it like you said initially you are better off using the Uber patch on your Stomp.

I just picked up my XTC and it took a few to dial it in but it was worth every penny. I have plenty of other amps that can hang with it but the Bogner has something special. Almost 3D sounding. The 6505+ is a tough amp to beat tho.
same experience, same amp lol. 101b took some time to figure out. It wasn't as easy as "set it all at 12" for me, and you can't use your eyes to set the eq on that amp, really has to be done with your ears (sounds dumb, but I think that's how most of us start the eq process...).

the good news...the juice is worth the squeeze...what an amp!

The knobs at noon on an Uber sound like ass... you definitely need to get creative with the settings, and use your ears, not your eyes. If you search the forums here you will get some suggested settings to get you going.

I also don't like how my Uber sounds through a load box either..... it needs to be loud and plugged into a 4x12 for it to do it's thing and the power section to wake up. Otherwise it's pretty underwhelming.

I’ll bet my last dollar there ain’t nothing wrong with the Uber …. You just don’t like it.

This is what happens when you make up things in our mind, expectations, things we are “supposed” to like. Same thing happed with me and the SLO. I thought it was going to be on another level… it wasn’t, in the least to me.

Total buzzkill I know. There’s nothing wrong with your amp; the Uber and 5150 feel wise are worlds apart, and the Uber needs a boost for most people. Even still, it never had the punch and girth of a recto to me. Tons of low end? Absolutely, but not the punch in the gut like a recto.
Same shit here with the Splawn Nitro and the Soldano and Uber.

Welp finally picked up an Uberschall Rev Blue and compared it to my Peavey 6505+ ........ im very disappointed to say the least and trying other amps always makes me love the peavey more and more even though ive owned it 10 years.

I was so excited to buy that amp and its just flubby sounding and lacks attack imo. Especially in any kind of mix. The peavey on the other hand never really loses its tightness or grit even with more bass ( I like mine at about 8-9 on the peavey).

I expected the Bogner to blow the peavey out the water with a 1700$ price difference but nope. Peavey really is the king metal amp imo. I cant find a amp I like better.
Dude I went through this same thing for nearly a decade back in the 90's always trying to "better" my 5150 block. SLO's, VHT's, Boogies, Bogners...after alot of money I finally realized I loved the 5150 and how it worked "for me", during that era. I even loved the stock 5150 cabs which according to many, suck. All those amps I went through were amazing amps...just not for me because during that time I had found my sound with the 5150.

Now could something be wrong with your Bogner, sure, that can always be the case. On the other hand, if not and you like the Peavey more, great. You've found your amp...spend your money other things. Honestly man the whole price should equal tonal superiority, learned a long time ago my ears and hands don't pay any attention to that.

Back