First look; MGL Modern/Vintage

  • Thread starter Thread starter DanTravis62
  • Start date Start date
Hey, That shell below it looks similar to my Rivera! Bet that MGL is a ton of fun. Very cool you got it as a loaner from another member.
He got the amp direct from us at MGL, not another member. Dan said a number of times that he’d love to check one of our amps. So I made it happen and shipped him one! Dan’s a great guy and I was happy for him to check out the amp. Thanks for your demos Dan!
 
He got the amp direct from us at MGL, not another member. Dan said a number of times that he’d love to check one of our amps. So I made it happen and shipped him one! Dan’s a great guy and I was happy for him to check out the amp. Thanks for your demos Dan!

I appreciate it a ton @MGL AmpWorks

I know I'm not the only one who wanted to hear one of your amps "in the wild" but had never gotten a chance to hear or play one - I know there were a ton of members like that, so on behalf of all of us and myself, thank you!

I'm really impressed with the tones I was able to get out of it and hopefully I did the modern/vintage justice - it's a fantastic amp that sits in it's own lane feature-wise and tonally. I was especially impressed with how useful and powerful the switches and tone shaping options on it are.

Rather than the type of tone shaping stuff the big names do; I.E. "Insane mode" or a completely useless "contour" knob that just makes the amp more unusable as the mids get sucked out :hys:

The tone shaping options are more about how it reacts to pickups/guitar and playing style but powerful enough in the right hands to where it's way more versatile than you would expect from a circuit that is simple enough to retain the marshall kerrang and midrange.

I also really impressed at how it performed with some of the non-standard (for a marshall style amp) speakers like the 12L - it's really reactive to the gear you put around it.
 
Great job on the demos Dan! They should let you keep it for all the positive RT exposure and clips!

MGLs got bills to pay too man :ROFLMAO: Not that I would turn an MGL down but

I'm just really stoked he was kind enough to loan it out so we could get some demos up, and so people could hear what it can do it in the real world :rock:

That's a win all around for me, MGL, and RT in general
 
Thanks for the clips. Appreciate the work that went into them.

appreciate it man! I haven't plugged into an amp on this level in quite a while so while it was work, it was fun work =) MGL makes great stuff and this amp definitely has it's own lane from the m-style amps on the market. Just stoked to be able to get some "in the wild" clips up for everyone.
 
thanks for the demos @DanTravis62 sounds great.

thanks for loaning the amp to Dan @MGL AmpWorks


Shut Up And Take My Money Fry Meme Template — Kapwing



:D


Patiently waiting for my 50W Modern/Vintage
 
Great clips. It sounds like these bad boys can really shine in a mix and sounds like it covers a lot of ground.
 
Great clips. It sounds like these bad boys can really shine in a mix and sounds like it covers a lot of ground.

Yep that's where I would say the modern/vintage is at it's best. It 100% can be run at super low volume, and has quality of life stuff like a nice sounding loop, etc.

But where it really grips the road is the sort of application these types of amps were originally meant for; playing live/loud, and getting lots of mileage out of a relatively uncluttered tone stack.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top