Floyd Rose releases Stone Tone granite block

The main thing about this block is that until you actual have it in your guitar and hear it after using the stock block or even big brass block in your guitar then you will definitely hear and feel a big difference.
I was really skeptical until i tried it, after trying it i would never use brass again.
Cant speak for titanium blocks never tried one and dont plan on it :D
the stone block did exactly what i was after so why bother.

17 year old Tyler Morris Stone Tone artist playing the 28mm Rock Block and brass block to hear the tonal and attack differences.. :rock:

Winter Namm Floyd Rose Booth #4860 Hall C - Stop by and check us out ! See Youz there !

messenger":1epljimk said:
So when can we expect Stone Tone Tune-O-Matic Bridge and Tailpiece?

We already offer stud, string, and bridge blocks as custom mods yet the actual bridge or hardtail itself wouldn't offer the same attributes as the internal and external blocks do.

Stonetone® Products":2unqj91h said:
messenger":2unqj91h said:

We already offer stud, string, and bridge blocks as custom mods yet the actual bridge or hardtail itself wouldn't offer the same attributes as the internal and external blocks do.

I've never changed either on any of my LPs but I've heard people changing the tailpiece to lightweight aluminum and saying there is noticeable change in tone.

Stonetone® Products":2quavmho said:
Some Chris Poland Licks with his 37mm Rock Block..

As a owner of the stone tone block i was just wondering why you have not did a
before and after of a guitar that is unplugged?
acoustically my charvel was much bigger,louder and had more ring after the swap and it was very noticeable ,moreso than being plugged in with heavy gain ;)
"Most" know that if a guitar has a loud,big and ringing unplugged tone it will really shine through a amp

charvelstrat81":2h5hrwv2 said:
Stonetone® Products":2h5hrwv2 said:
Some Chris Poland Licks with his 37mm Rock Block..

As a owner of the stone tone block i was just wondering why you have not did a
before and after of a guitar that is unplugged?
acoustically my charvel was much bigger,louder and had more ring after the swap and it was very noticeable ,moreso than being plugged in with heavy gain ;)
"Most" know that if a guitar has a loud,big and ringing unplugged tone it will really shine through a amp

We are so busy with dozens of brands / types/ manufacturers that we just haven't got to it yet.
2016 Floyd plans to get some of their national guys to do a pro video yet it's in the cue just not up to bat as of yet.
I completely agree with you that acoustically the block shows major differences before plugging which every artist who sent us their quotes starts with the acoustical differences before plugging in.
Stone Tone has never asked any of our artists or customers to make a video in any particular format.
They just wing it in any capacity they see fit.
Glad to hear the block works well for you
Any other questions just hit us up on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/robertdisantonaples
or email @ stonetoneguitars@gmail.com
or here on rig talk.
Have a rockin weekend !

Stonetone® Products":216r2nm5 said:
We are so busy with dozens of brands / types/ manufacturers that we just haven't got to it yet.
2016 Floyd plans to get some of their national guys to do a pro video yet it's in the cue just not up to bat as of yet.
I completely agree with you that acoustically the block shows major differences before plugging which every artist who sent us their quotes starts with the acoustical differences before plugging in.
Stone Tone has never asked any of our artists or customers to make a video in any particular format.
Any other questions just hit us up on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/robertdisantonaples
or here on rig talk.
Have a rockin weekend !

Thanks, yeah i know that once a few here the dramatic difference unplugged they will want a stone tone block. at least those that understand the better a electric guitar sounds unplugged the better it it will sound plugged in.
There are some young guys that crank the gain to infinity and think it does not matter but i am speaking of those with seasoned ears :D

charvelstrat81":168bc3kz said:
Stonetone® Products":168bc3kz said:
or here on rig talk.
Have a rockin weekend !

Thanks, yeah i know that once a few here the dramatic difference unplugged they will want a stone tone block. at least those that understand the better a electric guitar sounds unplugged the better it it will sound plugged in.
There are some young guys that crank the gain to infinity and think it does not matter but i am speaking of those with seasoned ears :D

I get the fact that the majority think this product is snake oil yet it is far from that and all curious folks needed to do is just try one..
We offer money back guarantees for those thinking they'll be stuck with the block if they buy it @ $110.50 and don't like it.
Any one going to Winter Namm this year check out the Namm Schecter After party and hear Jeff Loomis Tone.
Jeff is one our main advocates for the Rock Blocks.

Attachments

• 12417930_10156519788385651_6840537323577111308_n.jpg
    12417930_10156519788385651_6840537323577111308_n.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 3,634
  • 10514563_1027337420614768_2702201114161373528_n.jpg
    10514563_1027337420614768_2702201114161373528_n.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 3,636
  • 11200836_10153421627178787_7227071646607470217_n.jpg
    11200836_10153421627178787_7227071646607470217_n.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 3,630
Stonetone® Products":1yzovd6y said:
charvelstrat81":1yzovd6y said:
Stonetone® Products":1yzovd6y said:
or here on rig talk.
Have a rockin weekend !

I get the fact that the majority think this product is snake oil yet it is far from that and all curious folks needed to do is just try one..
We offer money back guarantees for those thinking they'll be stuck with the block if they buy it @ $110.50 and don't like it.
Any one going to Winter Namm this year check out the Namm Schecter After party and hear Jeff Loomis Tone.
Jeff is one our main advocates for the Rock Blocks.

jeff is a BADASS player! :thumbsup: and i totally agree the block is NOT snake oil at all.
I bought mine after reading about someone here trying it.
No regrets.

I wonder why I never hear gotoh floyd owners needing upgrades? I guess they are too busy rocking out to some "heavy liquid" :rock:

scottosan":2eqg2g9v said:
I wonder why I never hear gotoh floyd owners needing upgrades? I guess they are too busy rocking out to some "heavy liquid" :rock:

We don't sell as many 40mm Blocks for Gotoh yet we have plenty of them in stock. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Gotoh 40 mm sustain block upgrade.jpg
    Gotoh 40 mm sustain block upgrade.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 3,568
Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but do you have to re-route the ground wire that's soldered to the spring claw? Or are these conductive?

Fragglerick":2rgpx4ss said:
Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but do you have to re-route the ground wire that's soldered to the spring claw? Or are these conductive?

No need to re-route.
Granite is not conductive.
We include a .020 Copper strip and 22 gauge ground wire that we suggest you install and solder @ the claw or tone pot since you can never have enough ground.
This applies to single grounded guitars.
Guitars that have 2 or 3 grounds it is not necessary to install the ground strip.
Hope that helps.

Here is some useful info about the Rock Block from Andy Fuchs owner of Fuchs amplifiers.
He talks about the product and how he attached the Ground "not" using the .020 Copper strip we provide for non-string thru block upgrades.
*Note; We do not provide a Ground strip for string thru blocks like the one I made for Andy.

I finally had the chance to gather my thoughts about the new Stone Tone block you sent me for my G&L. I've got a few rehearsals and real gigs behind me to get a feel for the guitar with this important change in place. I'm impressed and clearly other players who heard the guitar heard this as well.
For reference: I have owned my G&L Musical Instruments Legacy Strat style for about 15 years. I know it downright intimately as a result. It's been through a new paint job (or two), and two pickup swaps: The stock pickups were pretty low output and lifeless. The early G&L pickups were known to be like this. The later ones I understand are better. Despite that, the tone, balance and playability made the guitar a keeper and pickups are easy enough to change. First I installed Di Marzio Virtual noiseless pickups, which I used for about ten years. They were very good: quiet and healthy output but didn't "quack" like a Strat should and were quite a bit warmer than a true Strat tone really should be. Eventually I discovered my current Zexcoil Guitar Pickups. These are silent, can be tapped and remain silent, and sound excellent. I have to say, I was more than skeptical when you approached me with this idea for a stone block.
Like anything so radical and "different" I was leery of switching something as important as my trem block, but I've always been curious about it since a number of companies have clearly made some high profile businesses making blocks of various metals. When I received your block, the first thing that surprised me was how light the bridge assembly became ! The differences between the old steel (?) stock block and the stone block was pretty shocking ! I installed it and strung up the guitar with my go-to string the standard D'Addario Nickel 10-46 set.
The first thing that struck me was the much louder unplugged acoustic tone. It was clearly louder but also more focused and clear. [Like many, I believe the acoustic properties of an electric guitar clearly reflect how good that guitar will potentially be when amplified electrically.] The Stone Tone block did not disappoint. The better qualities that made this my "#1" S-style were still there: Plenty of long sustain, easy controlled feedback and note-ring plus the distinctive sound a good Strat should have, but there was certainly much more: The guitar was (for lack of a better description) more "hi-fi". It seemed to respond quicker to a pick attack. I think there might be maybe a shade less low end warmth than the old block, but the trade-off to an overall greater detail to my sound and a more clear harmonic structure and clarity are well worth that subtle shift.
There also seems to also be a clearly wider dynamic range when you pick lightly or more aggressively. Like a high quality amp, it certainly makes a player more aware of trying to be a better and more accurate player. Some guys need "forgiving" equipment to cover their sins. I prefer to try to improve my playing when my gear puts me under a microscope.
SO in conclusion: The quality of this block is not only excellent sonically but in terms of how well it's executed: As the son and grandson of German machinists I can appreciate quality machine work. The block displayed high quality accurate machining throughout, a super flat surface to contact the bridge plate, and the sides were polished professionally and smoothly. All the bridge hardware fit properly without issue.
I used copper braid, which I put under the collet that the tremolo arm goes into for attaching my ground to the wiring, since the block is non-conductive and you cannot use the trem claw to connect your ground any longer. This is a minor modification any good guitar tech should be able to do when installing the block. The block also doesn't have those recessed holes where a string end usually goes. Initially I thought this was odd, but actually realized it's more convenient when a string breaks than trying to fish out a stuck string ball !
Overall, I really am pleased with the block and recommend it as an excellent enhancement to anyone wanting to take their guitar up a notch in tone !! Kudo's Robert, well done.
"I wish it was easy to put the old block back and show the differences. All I know is "screw vintage" this block has made this the finest sounding Strat I own and that many ever heard". - Andy Fuchs

Attachments

• 11999690_10204843288138883_5626612327955593537_o.jpg
    11999690_10204843288138883_5626612327955593537_o.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 3,399
  • 12106911_10205028582851135_8139442433499193665_n.jpg
    12106911_10205028582851135_8139442433499193665_n.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 3,419
  • IMG_5174 copy (1).jpg
    IMG_5174 copy (1).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3,406
messenger":226j4ope said:
Stonetone® Products":226j4ope said:
messenger":226j4ope said:

I've never changed either on any of my LPs but I've heard people changing the tailpiece to lightweight aluminum and saying there is noticeable change in tone.

We've installed a Granite Nut of a few so far and what a Hugh improvement it is, yet you have to send the guitar in for it to be fitted. We don't sell pre cut nuts.

Mudder":19juq7lb said:
Hmmm. It's an interesting idea, though I would think something like quartz might be more in line with the vibratory selling point. Granite is hard, but that makes it more brittle. Plus it can't be any easier to cut, polish, and drill out a chunk of stone than a block of brass. No...I'll pass.
with granite stones when made into musical instruments you can easily own it for a better price, and with quartz stone its value is sometimes too high, I think it will be suitable for the home. More instrument collection

Back