Floyd Rose releases Stone Tone granite block

Yo Crackers...your overly sanitized PC approach is even weaker than your claims of bullying. Could some things have been said in a kinder, gentler way? No doubt, but this is neither an overly kind or gentle crowd when somebody makes fantastic claims and fails to back them up. Had the Stone Tone guy addressed the issues with anything beyond BS hippie-speak, he would have been treated much better. I'm about the closest thing he had to an ally in this thread, but he lost me when he failed to show up with anything aside from marketing jargon. I'm not saying the product won't do what he claims since I haven't tried it, but his failure to back up those claims is definitely a red flag.

cardinal":389oni6l said:
All I see about this product are people questioning the manufacturer's own claims and the manufacturer unable to back anything up.

+1

I would think if you were substantiating a products claim you'd do the research and science behind it and have the cold hard data on hand. Without that data (and no two different guitars with different blocks are not accurate) it is merely snake oil intended for cork sniffers in my opinion.

Maybe Crackers is related to StoneTone or works there. Seriously, how many guys first post on a board is in an older thread about a product? If one was merely researching a product they would join a this forum.

Shawn Lutz":2p0j53yg said:
I would think if you were substantiating a products claim you'd do the research and science behind it and have the cold hard data on hand. Without that data (and no two different guitars with different blocks are not accurate) it is merely snake oil intended for cork sniffers in my opinion.

Maybe Crackers is related to StoneTone or works there. Seriously, how many guys first post on a board is in an older thread about a product? If one was merely researching a product they would join a this forum.

I would think that if someone were try to come to StoneTone's rescue that it would have been done closer to the original posts. Don't you think they would have one of their pro users do it?
What I saw from most all the posts here was ridicule. Sure, he didn't back it up the way any of us would have wanted. But, that's no need to ridicule. Which, in fact, is the same thing that has begun to happen to me. Not a surprise in the least, given that those ridiculing didn't even take the time to think about what I was saying. And still will not.

With that, I will bid you guys good bye. There is no real info here to be had.

Crackers":23ufusvi said:
......I will bid you guys good bye. There is no real info here to be had.

What 'real info' is there to be had other then what was posted by the Stone Tone guy? :confused:
I was just going off what was posted....videos/clips. Nothing special to me at least. :dunno:
Yes people poked fun. Who cares? So when you say there is 'no real info' to be had here....
"You are correct sir!"

Crackers":2mzlenth said:
Shawn Lutz":2mzlenth said:

With that, I will bid you guys good bye. There is no real info here to be had.

Because StoneTone didn't have any info either which is exactly why people are thinking snake oil. If you claim a product does something, you had better have something to back it up.

I would think that if someone were try to come to StoneTone's rescue that it would have been done closer to the original posts. Don't you think they would have one of their pro users do it?

Maybe though in no way does that absolve you.

You still haven't been honest with who you are.

No one gets but hurt and joins a forum to argue over something they have zero personal investment in.

So, who are you? Employee, endorser, friend or family. I bet you fit one of these.

What I saw from most all the posts here was ridicule. Sure, he didn't back it up the way any of us would have wanted.

Well yes ridicule, derision no. We clearly explained to you why he was met with ridicule, you think is is the first time someone joined rig talk to try to rip us off?! Have you ever been in grammar school? The ridicule there is far worse.

But, that's no need to ridicule. Which, in fact, is the same thing that has begun to happen to me. Not a surprise in the least, given that those ridiculing didn't even take the time to think about what I was saying. And still will not.

Blah blah, whine whine. Are you really crying in this thread now?! You have NO affiliation with stonetone why on earth do you care so much?

With that, I will bid you guys good bye.

Good riddance you contributed nothing useful to rig talk.

There is no real info here to be had.

From you or stonetone, we keep asking. Scientific process is not dead yet, they could provide data if they had any to corroborate their claims.

hello my first post but shawn lutz urged me to post this cuz i have been dupped by this SNAKE OIL salesman:

Stone Tone Guitar Rock Blocks are complete ripoffs his product destroyed the inner workings of my skull and bones guitar and now it must be completely rebuilt it was fine before i tried his product i used it on tour and in the studio as soon as installed his product the guitar couldnt find the ground and the inner workings shorted out...he now calls me ignorant and disrespectful cuz his product is inferior, STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY HE HAS NO INTEGRITY and his claims on his product are completely unfounded and BOGUS

i saved every message with his name calling and calling me ignorant ect, i have been playing guitar for 45 years and use KILLER guitar brass and Floyed rose upgrades...this dude ASKED ME to try his product NOT the other way around.... and it FAILED and my guitar must now be rewired

he said its the mfg. fault for not double grounding the guitar...well my USA jascksons ground at the claw.. my charvels ground at the claw.. my les paul axecess gounds at the claw so how is it the guitars fault,,,, his stuff is crap!!!

GLASS is a liquid, of which granite (by the DEFINITION of a "granite") is 20-60%

http://geology.about.com/od/more_igrock ... itoids.htm

Metal is liquid when it's molten but then is a true solid when it's... Well, SOLID. What's more, metal has a unique ins structure (called the metallic bond) which is why metal conducts electricity.

This clown has unknowingly just refuted his OWN product in his extreme ignorance.

kevinkyle46542":3rrlklei said:
hello my first post but shawn lutz urged me to post this cuz i have been dupped by this SNAKE OIL salesman:

Stone Tone Guitar Rock Blocks are complete ripoffs his product destroyed the inner workings of my skull and bones guitar and now it must be completely rebuilt it was fine before i tried his product i used it on tour and in the studio as soon as installed his product the guitar couldnt find the ground and the inner workings shorted out...he now calls me ignorant and disrespectful cuz his product is inferior, STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY HE HAS NO INTEGRITY and his claims on his product are completely unfounded and BOGUS

i saved every message with his name calling and calling me ignorant ect, i have been playing guitar for 45 years and use KILLER guitar brass and Floyed rose upgrades...this dude ASKED ME to try his product NOT the other way around.... and it FAILED and my guitar must now be rewired

Well not properly grounding the circuit would be the fault of the person who wired it up when installing the block. though I'm sure it is easily missed.

I never even considered it but yeah not having a metal block would break the ground connection.

This wasn't in the instructions?

What you should do is post the nasty messages he sent you here to dissuade future customers from buying his overpriced product.

I have to agree that simple common sense should have told anybody that they would need to address the grounding issue. That's not to say the block is good or bad...I haven't tried one so I don't know. The manufacturer certainly hasn't instilled any confidence in me that his product is anything more than snake oil though.

looks like Stone Tone is going back to the drawing board
images

I know two people who've done business with Stonetone. The first sent in his FR to have it fitted for his Ibanez RG and when Stonetone decided they couldn't figure out how to mount it, they refused to send it back until "they came up with a solution". The second had his work completed but ultimately tone was diminished greatly. Both people were in a position to help Stonetone's sales and so, wisely, Stonetone offered their services free of charge. Unwisely, when Stonetone was called on these issues, the owner's tone (pun intended) changed from bright to downright ugly. Ok, so everyone starting out has hiccups but how you overcome them will determine how well you do. Long story short, I hear Stonetone is not having a great NAMM experience. :doh:

Back