Floyd Rose releases Stone Tone granite block

Hey guys,
I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself My name is Scott Gailor. I'm the guy from the original comparison video. I'm not here to spin or try to sell ya anything. I personally like the blocks and to my ears the sound better then anything that I have had in the past. I'm not here to bash anyone else blocks or even jump into this debate. I'm in the middle of two cd projects (my 1st solo instrumental cd and a fusion band called EST). Once that is done I will re-shoot the videos using two identical Floyd Rose Flying V Guitars, one with the RockBlock one and with a stock Floyd Block. I will make sure to post my amp settings and change nothing but guitars. I will also personally restring both guitars with the same strings and have them tuned the same. I use Jazz III Ultex picks, the strings will be ClearTone 10's tuned down a half-step.

A couple of questions for all of you.
1: Would like any pedals used or just the amp it itself? I use a boogie MKIIB and a MKV
2: What mixture of playing would you like?
3: Do you want to know which cables are being used?
4: Would you liked it mic'd or just the audio from my Go Pro?

Please give real answers so I can give you a video that you will like.
p.s. Chris Poland is an amazing good dude so please show him a little respect.

Thanks for your time fella's hopefully I can become part of the Rig Talk Family, I love gear, I have a huge passion for my rigs! and I love talking about gear.

SG
http://www.scottgailor.com

Scott Gailor":7moox48u said:
Hey guys,
I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself My name is Scott Gailor. I'm the guy from the original comparison video. I'm not here to spin or try to sell ya anything. I personally like the blocks and to my ears the sound better then anything that I have had in the past. I'm not here to bash anyone else blocks or even jump into this debate. I'm in the middle of two cd projects (my 1st solo instrumental cd and a fusion band called EST). Once that is done I will re-shoot the videos using two identical Floyd Rose Flying V Guitars, one with the RockBlock one and with a stock Floyd Block. I will make sure to post my amp settings and change nothing but guitars. I will also personally restring both guitars with the same strings and have them tuned the same. I use Jazz III Ultex picks, the strings will be ClearTone 10's tuned down a half-step.

1: Would like any pedals used or just the amp it itself? I use a boogie MKIIB and a MKV

Thanks for your time fella's hopefully I can become part of the Rig Talk Family, I love gear, I have a huge passion for my rigs! and I love talking about gear.

SG
It would be far more meaningful to use the same guitar and swap out blocks, or trems at the very least.

rupe":2oeubp4v said:
Scott Gailor":2oeubp4v said:
Hey guys,

SG
It would be far more meaningful to use the same guitar and swap out blocks, or trems at the very least.

So you would rather have the same guitar and just swap out identical OFR. One with the rockblock and one with out. That works for me. Floyd sent two identical V for the demo, I don't see why I can't do both. Anyone else?

SG

Hey Guys,
I totally stumbled upon this thread by chance. I bought a StoneTone block and it's the best thing ever. My sound is bigger and fuller and way more clean and sustainful. You can really hear the subatomic particles vibrate like never before. I know this because I majored in Subatomic Particle Acoustics at MIT. Think of how your subatomic particles used to vibrate with a brass block and times that by 16, that's how much of a difference there is in the vibrations.
Anyways, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves asking for scientific protocol and block swap tests to determine if the sound changes for the better or not. It is clear that it does because myself(an expert and user), Chris Poland, StoneTone Products and those two other guys say it does. Who are you to argue?
Sincerely,
Defenblock

Wow, this guy has major issues and no idea how forums work.
Keep making new usernames and hyping your own product and see how that works out for you.
SG, thanks for bringing some sanity into this thread, you have a big mess to clean up, so make sure you do this A/B test right and no funny business.

Defenblock":18jvuxr4 said:
Hey Guys,
I totally stumbled upon this thread by chance. I bought a StoneTone block and it's the best thing ever. My sound is bigger and fuller and way more clean and sustainful. You can really hear the subatomic particles vibrate like never before. I know this because I majored in Subatomic Particle Acoustics at MIT. Think of how your subatomic particles used to vibrate with a brass block and times that by 16, that's how much of a difference there is in the vibrations.
Anyways, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves asking for scientific protocol and block swap tests to determine if the sound changes for the better or not. It is clear that it does because myself(an expert and user), Chris Poland, StoneTone Products and those two other guys say it does. Who are you to argue?
Sincerely,
Defenblock
And who are you to think we should simply buy into the hype and blindly trust you? Can you point to any papers that you've published on subatomic particle acoustics to establish your credibility since you are a complete unknown to us?

:checkthisout:

I've been sitting on a Stone Tone granite block all day and my farts clearly resonate to such a degree that I'm blown away by this product. The added sustain is so organic and fresh. Whether it's a rapid fire staccato fart or a long drawn out gasser, the block performs! Even SBDF's are imperceptivity more dangerous than before. Shove one up your arse today and find out for yourselves!

xzyryabx":jimaiixr said:
Keep making new usernames and hyping your own product and see how that works out for you.
SG, thanks for bringing some sanity into this thread, you have a big mess to clean up, so make sure you do this A/B test right and no funny business.

No funny biz here, that is why I'm asking what you would like to see/hear. I have posted my webpage so you know how to find me or ask any real questions. For the record I'm a StoneTone Endorser as well as many other company's. I'm here because a friend told me I was getting slammed (which was not the case at all, so thank you everyone). I just want to make a video that will allow everyone on here to make their own decision on the blocks. No more no less. I'm a stand up guy who just loves gear, I suffer G.A.S. like all of ya! :)

SG.

rupe":2a7g1667 said:
Defenblock":2a7g1667 said:
Hey Guys,
Sincerely,
Defenblock
And who are you to think we should simply buy into the hype and blindly trust you? Can you point to any papers that you've published on subatomic particle acoustics to establish your credibility since you are a complete unknown to us?

:checkthisout:

I'm pointing at a couple right now here in my own personal library. Do you honestly think that one can amass a personal library without being of a certain prestige?

dooredge":2a7g1667 said:
I've been sitting on a Stone Tone granite block all day and my farts clearly resonate to such a degree that I'm blown away by this product. The added sustain is so organic and fresh. Whether it's a rapid fire staccato fart or a long drawn out gasser, the block performs! Even SBDF's are imperceptivity more dangerous than before. Shove one up your arse today and find out for yourselves!

I'll bet these imbeciles will ask you to do the same with a brass block and record the differences.
Make sure it's the same arse though.

Scott Gailor":2bbi98ay said:
xzyryabx":2bbi98ay said:

No funny biz here, that is why I'm asking what you would like to see/hear. I have posted my webpage so you know how to find me or ask any real questions. For the record I'm a StoneTone Endorser as well as many other company's. I'm here because a friend told me I was getting slammed (which was not the case at all, so thank you everyone). I just want to make a video that will allow everyone on here to make their own decision on the blocks. No more no less. I'm a stand up guy who just loves gear, I suffer G.A.S. like all of ya! :)

SG.
Thanks Scott, that would be killer.. I'd prefer a miked up cab solely because its more familier to me... And, well... I like pudding too :LOL: :LOL:
Welcome aboard, BTW :rock:

What is it with people who make aftermarket parts for Floyds? I am having a flashback to when the guy from FU, Adam had some sort of meltdown on here over some bullshit. Even if this stone block is the greatest thing ever, who the hell would by something from such a jack ass? I don't recall anyone from fender or gibson or Marshall or whoever come on to a forum to defend anything. This is totally ridiculous :LOL: :LOL:

Again, the proof is in the pudding ;)
I'm reserving my opinion for the A/B'd vid. If Scott is willing to take the time to swap blocks or trems on the same guitar, without changing amp settings or miking position so that the only variable is the block itself, and come into the middle of this shitstorm to present it knowing how skeptical we all are, we owe it to him to listen to the fruit of his labor. I'm sure he has better things to do than to argue with all of us over something that he is convinced has no merit.
Give him a chance, he's a good player. If the A/B'd vid had been presented at the beginning of this thread and proved their point without all the bullshit, the outcome would be far different ;)
Besides.. Dont you guys like pudding??

JTyson":wqwcp4u7 said:
Again, the proof is in the pudding ;)
I'm reserving my opinion for the A/B'd vid. If Scott is willing to take the time to swap blocks or trems on the same guitar, without changing amp settings or miking position so that the only variable is the block itself, and come into the middle of this shitstorm to present it knowing how skeptical we all are, we owe it to him to listen to the fruit of his labor. I'm sure he has better things to do than to argue with all of us over something that he is convinced has no merit.
Give him a chance, he's a good player. If the A/B'd vid had been presented at the beginning of this thread and proved their point without all the bullshit, the outcome would be far different ;)
Besides.. Dont you guys like pudding??
Exactly...he's offering exactly what the manufacturer should have offered right out of the gate. :thumbsup:

Back