Floyd Rose releases Stone Tone granite block

Bob Savage":3p2dqaep said:
Not sure what to make of that A/B video. The "after" video does seem to have a lot more gain. If that's the product of the stone, I prefer the stock block. If it's because the amp was setup different, I'd have another A/B done that more accurately reflects the differences.

Agree but the mids are almost completely different too, like the mic was moved or different amp or cab. It too much of a difference (and in my opinion not better) to be just the block in the same exact guitar. There were other changes at play here.

RG955TT":12bvjbi8 said:
Agree but the mids are almost completely different too, like the mic was moved or different am or cab. It too much of a difference (and in my opinion not better) to be just the black in the same exact guitar. There were other changes at play here.

Good point, there are a ton of variable if you're micing an amp. Those could have come into play too. Either way, if it's a valid A/B (which I doubt) then I like the stock block. If it's not, do another one in a more controlled environment.

I'd actually be interested in doing the comparison though under certain terms, one of which would be that the comparison is the guitar in a mix. I have a Charvel So Cal that would be a great candidate.

Ugh, I can't believe I am keeping this thread alive with a post. This will be my one and only as this thread needs to die.

Watched the A/B Video.

1. Why is the guy sitting directly in front of that wooden computer table with the workbench to his right for the "Before" sound demo, but he is turned away from
the workbench and the computer table is on his left for the "After (StoneTone installed)" demo? If he is not running through a different amp than the "before" demo, it looks like maybe he has turned facing the guitar speakers in the "after" demo so that he can get feedback easier.

2. For what it is worth, I preferred the "before" tone to the "after" tone. The Stonetone demo sounded, as others have said, too gained out and with hazy mids. The stock block sounded more pure/clearer. I am not convinced the amps/settings are the same, but if so, the Stonetone block changed the guitar tone for the worse, in my opinion.

3. I noticed that the player gave props to Blades Amplification at the end of the video. Ooook.

There is zero chance I purchase/install/allow in my home a StoneTone block based solely on the shady trolling sales tactics by the owner. I appreciate good playing and technique, so I give credit to the players/endorsees who have been featured, but let's face it, C-Squad guys will take any endorsement they can get and this is a symbiotic thing for the both of you; you get your block noticed, they get their names mentioned/endorsed on an Internet forum.

I hope you rethink you sales model and, hey, best of luck.

This video was recorded on high end JVC camcorder on the fly in the same position, no studio, trickery, pro tools or acoustically correct room.
Of course having the guitar in your hands is a whole different spin yet you can tell there is a difference and that's all the video is intended to show.

Trying to get any of the national players to do a video is practically impossible so I have some local artists coming to my shop next Monday to do a much more thorough shoot.

You can hear Chris Poland at Namm with his new signature poltergeist Schecter model with the rock block installed and hear that guitar sing beautifully.. and his recent interview that I posted here few days ago if you haven't already.

Also the price reduction will be taken effect any day now from 166 to 1/2 that price. direct to the consumer no dealer or oem pricing anymore which was why the price was so high in the first place.

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.

LOL, yeah Blades amps is not my choice by any means yet it was available so he used it "not my choice".
You want to tell me Chris Poland tone sucks too well you can because that's your opinion and that's fine too.
That's why there is choice in this world.. Not every one agrees on everything or uses the same products.
Diversity is a wonderful thing isn't it? :yes:

Stonetone® Products":39vs80sz said:
This video was recorded on high end JVC camcorder on the fly in the same position, no studio, trickery, pro tools or acoustically correct room.
Of course having the guitar in your hands is a whole different spin yet you can tell there is a difference and that's all the video is intended to show.

Trying to get any of the national players to do a video is practically impossible so I have some local artists coming to my shop next Monday to do a much more thorough shoot.

You can hear Chris Poland at Namm with his new signature poltergeist Schecter model with the rock block installed and hear that guitar sing beautifully.. and his recent interview that I posted here few days ago if you haven't already.

Also the price reduction will be taken effect any day now from 166 to 1/2 that price. direct to the consumer no dealer or oem pricing anymore which was why the price was so high in the first place.

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.

The camera CLEARLY wasn't in the same position.

Stonetone® Products":rfr2szlz said:
You want to tell me Chris Poland tone sucks too well you can because that's your opinion and that's fine too.

Chris Poland would sound great through a pine guitar using barbwire strings into a 9 volt trash can lid amp.

That's right Bob and Chris is far from a C-Squad artist.. He is a Floyd Rose artist and a Stone Tone artist, he doesn't need free or internet recognition.
He has history unlike many in this forum who lack respect for his life long accomplishments.
He won't play a guitar without a Rock Block on it. Period!

Again messenger, I don't need to prove to you or any others to say I was to the left or the right or any other rant that's baseless.
My posts we're a heads up on our growth and new products, so get over yourself already....... Shouldn't you be practicing your guitar?

Shouldn't YOU be selling your wares somewhere else? God dude you are acting offensive and annoyingly persistent with your rock. On that principle alone I wouldn't buy your gravel block! I say again, THAT GUITAR AFTER THE BLOCK CHANGE SOUNDED WORSE NOT BETTER! Some very respected people on this very forum agree...how about YOU show a little respect to the members of this forum. Suggesting we all "go practice" was offensive when your here only to hock your wares...

Edited for content- sorry guys but I just got a little pissed off and carried away but this guy is simply annoying and I lost my cool a bit....

Look....lets keep it civil. All the guy is doing is posting about his findings with this block. No need to start swearing and name calling. If you like the block fine. If you dont fine. But the vulgar name calling is out of line.

Bob Savage":1cg2axo6 said:
Stonetone® Products":1cg2axo6 said:

Chris Poland would sound great through a pine guitar using barbwire strings into a 9 volt trash can lid amp.
He uses the 18 volt mod on that trash can lid. Heard it from an insider.

If interested in getting copies of the 2 cds of Welkin recordings with Chris from 1977 get in touch with Welkin bassist, Rob "Moon" McGeoch. INCREDIBLE live board recordings featuring a young Chris Poland in a power trio where he replaced his guitar teacher. These recordings were made in Upstate NY months before Chris made the journey west with The Samuelsons (Gar & Stu) to seek greener musical pastures in Sunny California, which they did when they met the man, the myth, the LEGEND - Robby Pagliari - and The New Yorkers were then formed ;0)

http://www.robmoonmusic.com/availablecd ... blecds.htm

Chris Poland is a huge influence to me. :yes:
Not that I will buy everything he gives the "OK" to....
but I have nothing else to lose. If I never try it...its a automatic 'nope'....
I like to check it all out at. :thumbsup:

Back