Floyd Rose releases Stone Tone granite block

OldSkoolNJ":1p4n6s5f said:
A granite block is for the peasants. I will hold off until the quartz blocks are available.
You told me you were waiting for DIAMOND blocks. You liar. You all get what you want and run.

OldSkoolNJ":5e05kpjz said:
When my signature Bedazzled block comes out you will be sorry you ever talked to me like that...
Ok.........Ok......sorry........ :aww:
But you offered me first crack. And I got a legal contract. Its on my back.

Stonetone® Products":136ez33d said:
OldSkoolNJ":136ez33d said:
A granite block is for the peasants. I will hold off until the quartz blocks are available.

Quartz and carbon are the 2 major elements of the granite block.. and handmade in the USA :thumbsup:

Is handmade different than man made?? ;)

Wow...I rarely visit here anymore and when I do, it's the same old same old with Stonetone.

Bottom line is that you continue to fail to provide a reasonable, believable A/B comparison between a stock block and one of your stone blocks. Beyond that, you continue to make scientifically false claims about the density of granite...what could possibly make you think that's a good idea?

Credibility is everything in the marketplace, and at this point you not only don't have any, you continue to dodge any efforts to establish it. Sad.

I gotta admit, I admire this guys calm and cool in the face of such hostile adversary. He obviously believes in his product, has many endorsed artists (several of which are of worthy caliber), and hasn't been run off yet.

If the price drops by half, as he has implied it might, I will buy and try one. I have a bunch of floyded guitars, some with big brass blocks in them. Dwisted Dave and I would give it an honest review here using several different rigs, both tube and kemper....clean, mid and high gain.

His best bet would have been to say here's the product. Lots of pro users. And when people said the video was flawed he could have simply said he'll try and get a better one when time permits.

messenger":t21zmfih said:
His best bet would have been to say here's the product. Lots of pro users. And when people said the video was flawed he could have simply said he'll try and get a better one when time permits.

I agree. Just saying that he has conducted himself very well, and never lost his cool.

rottingcorpse":1mb1sxdb said:
messenger":1mb1sxdb said:

I agree. Just saying that he has conducted himself very well, and never lost his cool.

Absolutely.

Well on that basis...let's all buy one! OK, you two first... You guys are missing the point on WHY this guy is getting so much grief about the product. If he lost his cool he'd get buried on top of all the BS for unsubstantiated claims and constant shilling for a questionable product. How long has everyone said, hey just do a simple A/B of the product? And what is provided is clearly not that so hence the storm of criticism...well deserved IMO.

RG955TT":j8fmvheq said:
Well on that basis...let's all buy one! OK, you two first... You guys are missing the point on WHY this guy is getting so much grief about the product. If he lost his cool he'd get buried on top of all the BS for unsubstantiated claims and constant shilling for a questionable product. How long has everyone said, hey just do a simple A/B of the product? And what is provided is clearly not that so hence the storm of criticism...well deserved IMO.

I'm guessing you haven't read all the posts ;) I said the video was flawed and the camera was obviously at a different position.

Uh, yeh I did read all the posts and you need to re-read what I said, a simple A/B with no other manipulation has NOT been provided...the first part of what I said is sarcasm

RG955TT":nefvrv55 said:
Uh, yeh I did read all the posts and you need to re-read what I said, a simple A/B with no other manipulation has NOT been provided...the first part of what I said is sarcasm
I agree. And stated that earlier

....those mids are not haunting enough.....too much digital sheen.

Very more gain.

Much buzz.

3/10 would not recommend.

I wouldn't buy one simply because of his off the wall Facebook rants. I bet a 100 dollar bill that someone from Floyd Rose read them, and told this jackwad to cool his jets, and that he was a detriment to business, hence the reason they were deleted. He obviously isn't bright enough on his own to have figured that out.

Chris Poland sounded better when he used old Yamaha SG's into his big Bogner Fish rack setup. Tone to die for. He's a guy that is very nitpicky about tone, almost to the level of Eric Johnson, and he can probably hear the tonal difference in different kinds of 9 volt batteries.... No one else can hear it, but he thinks he can.

Back