For the Eclipse today…

A retired coworker took this. We’re in NE ohio…
image000000.jpeg

It's incredible that even with about 97% of the moon covered where I am in Canada, that it still remained that light out. Like early evening light.. crazy how much light the sun can give off with barely any of it getting through. How long would total darkness have been? Like 5 min?

It was very cool . I was out in country near nothing. It’s so dark it was surprising

Attachments

• IMG_8801.jpeg
    IMG_8801.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6748.jpeg
    IMG_6748.jpeg
    534.7 KB · Views: 13
It's incredible that even with about 97% of the moon covered where I am in Canada, that it still remained that light out. Like early evening light.. crazy how much light the sun can give off with barely any of it getting through. How long would total darkness have been? Like 5 min?
It was incredible what light just a sliver of the sun gives.. less than 1% even... the amount of light completely changed when it reached 100%.
The time of the total eclipse depended how close you were to the center of the path. I believe it was 4 mins in the center , 2.5 mins where we were.
As stated above you could see the solar flares your own eyes, and it honestly looked like the sun had a black hole in the centre.

I used my welding mask on 12 shade and it was perfect

Was pretty cool to watch. Lighting was weird all around during it. Like monochrome or something.

We had a beer with the boys at work during it. Cool.

Back