For the Lynch fans - Full Whisky Show Sept 3rd 2017

I gotta say.. I still think he needs to not be afraid of the gain when he plays lead that he is playing extremely tight for Lynch here and I think the newer material is extremely strong live and of course the classics are way better than Don can sing now. It has that signature LynchMob groove. I dig this shit!

PS- he DEFINITELY needs to boost those leads.. Hunter was weak. He needs the gains for some of those runs!!!

Badass!! Man, nobody can touch Lynch when it comes to feel.

All of the playing with XVM, Dokken, and Michael Sweet has just helped him stay at the top of his game.

Kapo_Polenton":h8ayfhjy said:
PS- he DEFINITELY needs to boost those leads.. Hunter was weak. He needs the gains for some of those runs!!!

Yeah it is weird because it sounds like he has the gain but his muting technique seems to be killing the sustain. His soloing at the end of the song sounded like it was at the amount of gain he should have had during the main solo.

What's in the rack? Looks like an effects processor but maybe wireless/in ears? Also, what amp was he using?

SLOgriff":8wx0w8sv said:
What's in the rack? Looks like an effects processor but maybe wireless/in ears? Also, what amp was he using?

A couple of Roland SDE-3000 delays....freaking awesome....AWESOME to see him get some of the classic rack effects going again! Slowly George creeps like he's getting back to form and doing cool stuff. I agree he needs more gain push, or perhaps a little more boost for the squish he needs for his classic sound....but this was a cool show/performance for sure.....and the tone was good and there...just goose it a little hotter dude!

1968 50 watt JMP smallbox Marshall.
Yeah, all he needs is an SD1 for solo's, but he's really got some of his mojo back. He seems to be running the amp pretty clean and kicking something in for heavy rhythm's, probably an old MXR 10 band I think (which he was using a while ago)

zz666":fyeiiu5y said:
1968 50 watt JMP smallbox Marshall.
Yeah, all he needs is an SD1 for solo's, but he's really got some of his mojo back. He seems to be running the amp pretty clean and kicking something in for heavy rhythm's, probably an old MXR 10 band I think (which he was using a while ago)
:rock:
He really has turned back the clock a bit with his chops. Killer!
Thanks for posting!

I was going to say, looked like an old MArshall and a few pedals. It is no secret when you have good chops that the tried and tested boosted Marshall will do the trick. Good observation on him muting a lot of his runs too but definitely a little kick in the ass from an OD would serve him well as a few times the leads felt anemic.

Gotta say...this is one of the better live videos I've seen of Lynch Mob. Tone is so clear and killer with that Les Paul!! Marshall really sounds great too. Yes, those solos could use some extra juice, but at least there's no "phase 90"! :thumbsup: Anyone know what's going on with that 50 watt Marshall??

Looking forward to seeing them here in Scottsdale Az next month!

No kidding on the phaser... if it is on it is extremely subtle. Good for Lynch. He leaned on that as much as Kirk does his wah. I just saw Lynchmob is going to come through Ottawa to play a small gig so I will definitely be going to check that out. After shelling out 300$ for GNR this will be a steal for 30$ canadian!

George traded Dave and I a amp for basically our Namm FX rig, which is basically two Roland SDE 3000s and a matrix power amp for a wet dry wet rig. The Marshall is a great sounding 68, that I believe is stock. I don't know what is on his pedal board.

Lynch is a beast.. never understood the volume thing as lots have mentioned. Cant hear the vocals for squat..so was lynch to.loud and rolling off the volume? What it sounds like, muted gain as mentioned. Was this recorded on a cell phone inside the club. If so it may explain the mix, maybe the mic was recording right in front of lynchs cabs?. Would explain why the vocals were buried.Regardless. Thanks for posting , definitly not any complaints here.

I just picked up some tix for the Ottawa show in November, super pumped. Even if he has an " off night", I have seen enough lately to tell me he is experimenting and fucking around a lot less and there is some structure again. I'll take it.

As for the levels, I know the venue he will be playing here is extremely bass heavy due to the structure, space, and lower ceiling. This is the case with a lot of these clubs so the bass is always overwhelming and sometimes the vocals get a little buried. That's the trade off to intimate settings I guess. We really are fortunate to be able to get this close to a lot of these guys at these smaller gigs. If I could just get to a Schenker show somewhere close by I would die a happy man!

Back