Fortin Sigil

ClintN667":1lz6lno2 said:
Maybe its something like the Natas or Satan seeing how Randall isnt building them anymore.

That's what I was thinking... a reborn SATAN

Keep in mind the Natas / Satan designs were sold to Randall, so even if this is based on that they're really not going to say so.

technomancer":1238922b said:
Keep in mind the Natas / Satan designs were sold to Randall, so even if this is based on that they're really not going to say so.

The Natas was a Metalhead designed amp...

Could it be a clean pedal platform? ;)
Just joking... looks menacing enough, I’m sure it’ll be a pretty cool amp. hoping for a good price.

psychodave":2yog6izp said:
technomancer":2yog6izp said:

Yeah I heard it was based on the Elan Metalhead. I tried a Natas once years ago and wasn’t that impressed. The only other Fortin amp I’ve tried was a Meshuggah and was even less impressed with that. My friend had one which we AB’ed with his ‘80’s Silver Jubilee and Cameron Jose modded SLP and we both agreed that the Meshuggah sounded like a toy in comparison to the other 2 which sounded great

psychodave":8m223uu2 said:
technomancer":8m223uu2 said:

That was the theory, nobody ever reversed or compared and confirmed. If you've done so let me know where the schematics are, I'd loved actual confirmed versions of either amp.

Also makes no difference at all to what the contracts with Randall say :LOL: :LOL:

psychodave":151331ma said:
technomancer":151331ma said:

Yep.. another classic Fartin original design... oh... wait a minute. Someone else designed the amp that Fartin is selling as his own??? Shocking.

:D :LOL: :LOL: :no:

Well at least I'm sure he built it himself in Canada and quality checked and play tested each amp before shipping right? Not like they were ghost built by a different builder in a different country or something like that right??? They all have to have the Fartin sound???

:LOL: :LOL: :D :LOL: :LOL:

napalmdeath":5jkzkxus said:
mhenson42":5jkzkxus said:
ClintN667":5jkzkxus said:
Maybe its something like the Natas or Satan seeing how Randall isnt building them anymore.

The Sigil of Lucifer is on the front panel, satan reference probably implies its a lunchbox natas or based off the natas.

He's saying no, to just about every guess being made here. It's certainly a fresh amp, not a mini-this, or mini-that. It's exactly what it looks like, a two-channel, 50 watt head with tube-buffered FX loop. What it's features are, or what it does, remains to be seen. I'll certainly keep an eye on it, myself. If it's under 2k, has quality iron, and has that Fortin Grind, (why wouldn't it), I'm in. I'm over the Randalls, their QC, and just plain shitty business model. They're a joke.

Hell, their website is gone, because all their artists are. They have nothing left to milk.

What exactly is the "Fortin Grind"? I have heard this term used, but I don't really know what it means.

Im not a big fan of the "evil" names either or stuff like Friedman's "pink taco" etc and while it does slim down the demographic Im not so sure they want to expand their demographic that much. Everything is limited edition and pretty much sells out. If they named it something more universally accepted it would just be that much harder to come by.

I always complain about their business model with every amp being a limited edition. For me to get something as expensive as their amps and stay married I would have to sell gear I already own. Then I always worry if I sell some of my current stuff then they will be sold out by the time Im ready to pull the trigger. So I basically never even bother trying.

Having said that the limited edition is great for the guys who get one cause they typically get to sell them for more than they paid or at least broke even. I guess thats a good thing for the buyer and the company.

sutepaj":2hqjv46z said:
What exactly is the "Fortin Grind"? I have heard this term used, but I don't really know what it means.

It is the sound your bowels make after you play the Fartin amp you just bought after reading all the hype. It begins with mild stomach discomfort, followed by spontaneous uncontrollable flatulence... reminiscent of a bad late night TacoBell $.99 bean burrito made by any angry teenager without gloves and bad personal hygiene. It ends with the emptying out of your stomach contents via projectile diarrhea when you realize you've been had... and paid far too much for an over-hyped, repackaged, non-original, lifted amp design with '90s looking aggro Afflication graphics and demonic name... that was ghost built in another country, by some other unknown, un-named amp company... finally realizing much like your stomach your wallet is also now empty.

Feel the Grind. Fartin Amplication.

(all Fartin amps are hand-built in Canada by magical elves... until our customers can prove otherwise and then we go silent)
:doh: :no: :aww:

Wizard of Ozz":20xiggiz said:
sutepaj":20xiggiz said:

It is the sound your bowels make after you play the Fartin amp you just bought after reading all the hype. It begins with mild stomach discomfort, followed by spontaneous uncontrollable flatulence... reminiscent of a bad late night TacoBell $.99 bean burrito made by any angry teenager without gloves and bad personal hygiene. It ends with the emptying out of your stomach contents via projectile diarrhea when you realize you've been had... and paid far too much for an over-hyped, repackaged, non-original, lifted amp design with '90s looking aggro Afflication graphics and demonic name... that was ghost built in another country, by some other unknown, un-named amp company... finally realizing much like your stomach your wallet is also now empty.

No matter what anyone thinks of the company, that was classic. Pretty damn funny.

I know nothing about amp designs. But I've played a bunch of modded Plexi types and Fortin has this insane clarity- tight tight tight yet huge low end with an immediate attack that is unlike the others. Probably not as good in standard E but if you drop, the tones are sick.
I am curious and hopeful that this offering is priced middle class....though I use my Kemper like 95% of the time these days so maybe someone will profile it lol

crankyrayhanky":3iy6y6u3 said:
I know nothing about amp designs. But I've played a bunch of modded Plexi types and Fortin has this insane clarity- tight tight tight yet huge low end with an immediate attack that is unlike the others. Probably not as good in standard E but if you drop, the tones are sick.
I am curious and hopeful that this offering is priced middle class....though I use my Kemper like 95% of the time these days so maybe someone will profile it lol
This. Say what you will but the Cali is f*cking sick. Just a killer amp.

I'll be videoing Fortin stuff at NAMM for sure.

Wizard of Ozz":2wv5j4l4 said:
sutepaj":2wv5j4l4 said:

(all Fartin amps are hand-built in Canada by magical elves... until our customers can prove otherwise and then we go silent)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This.....

To me the "Fortin grind" is that high mid clank clank type tone which is not my thing at all. However I have never played a Fortin amp personally and I would guess you do not HAVE to get that sound out of the amps, player specific.

With that said I am with jer, the clips I have heard from the Cali are amazing and did not have that same type of clank going on. That is probably why i liked those clips. Would love to play or own a fortin but I know I will never have that kind of cash to shell out to buy one so whatever. Hopefully they bring something cool to NAMM.

I on the other hand had been over here waiting for that 50W pedal style power amp that he prototypes for Ola to hit the streets for like 2 years now but kind of gave up and sold my pedalboard rig.

I have a KSR Ceres so I was looking forward to the Fortin poweramp as well but I've decided to wait for the KSR Power amp. Supposedly there will be one for the pedalboards and one for rack gear. If those dont show up in the first half of the year I may grab the Fryette LX2

Back