Friedman be 100 , fantastic except one thing .

Schaf":1zwn6i68 said:
uglyfuzzface":1zwn6i68 said:
I was just wondering If it was designed not to have one because of tone or circuitry . For a £3000 pound amp,
my friends would laugh at me having to boost it my self through the loop .

They would laugh? The loop is a great wya to boost the volume. And, a hell of a lot cheaper than a second master.

I have boosted from the loop before with various pedals , wasn't totally happy with the results . Why I say my friends would laugh is because they have amps at less than half the price of mine , yet mine is the one where I can't boost the solo from my 2nd master volume .and they are already sceptical if the friedman is worth that kind of money , even if I'd did have the volume boost .
It's a great sounding amp anyway , I would have liked a 2nd master volume , but if it sucks tone I understand the Reason for not putting one on , was just curious why they didn't .

I had one I ordered with a second master, $150 extra I think it was, worked fine, Dave didn't say anything about tone suck. What did bug me though was he said that he could not install a foot switchable loop. Reinhold did a fine job on my XTC, I can't work out why Dave could not put one on the Friedman?

supersonic":1a7iisey said:
I had one I ordered with a second master, $150 extra I think it was, worked fine, Dave didn't say anything about tone suck. What did bug me though was he said that he could not install a foot switchable loop. Reinhold did a fine job on my XTC, I can't work out why Dave could not put one on the Friedman?

That's correct. I ordered one recently and asked for the second master, which was $150 extra. I should be receiving it in the next week or two.

My BE100 is the new model and doesn't have a second MV. I run a loop master with two loops and a master bypass in the FXL. In one loop I have my delay and chorus and in the other I run a Zvex box-o-rock with only the boost side on. I use this as a volume solo volume boost if needed and it works great. None of the amps I've owned in the past have had a 2nd master volume and I'd put my BE up against anything!

I agree. I love the 2nd master option on my amps. My bray 50 has it and after gigging with that feature, it becomes an invaluable feature. It doesn't seem to effect tone at all either. My old mkIII 2500 had that feature also. Great for leads , especially in a twin guitar band.

Before my b.e., my freidman modded jmp was ordered with the dual footswitchable master an gain controls. It was a $200 add on at the time without switch I believe though I may be wrong. Really cool to have the gains and masters like that.

I sent my Marsha back to Dave a few years ago to add a footswitchable second gain and master...absolutely no tonal difference whatsoever, and now effectively acts like a 3 channel amp (full clean on back).

As above - I have a BE100 setup like Rupe. Footswitchable gains & master volumes plus simple clean = 3 channel Friedman!

Sorry guys would like to add it but it would be a total re design to do it. Meaning chassis, head box board etc. then you release it and the stores have old ones and that becomes a huge problem. Not to mention website wording store advertising etc. So you can see the issue. When producing 50 to 100 amps a month it's just not possible. I would recommend a boost in the loop. Works perfectly. You could also use a eq which is even cooler because of the tone shaping. As far as the switchable loop is concerned its a board issue. To do it right you would just switch the effect in and out not the whole loop circuit. This keeps the gain staging optimized. Again major redesign.

The ideal BE100 for me would be the current amp being produced PLUS the dual gains and masters for BE/HBE, an overall amp master volume control (I hear the Cantrell has this), a mid control for the clean channel, an instrument/line level switch for the loop, and a full/half power switch. It would also be nice if the c45/sat and fat switches worked ONLY in BE mode.

I might be waiting a while for a BE with all that stuff on it!

TX6Strings":3mu49imk said:
My BE100 is the new model and doesn't have a second MV. I run a loop master with two loops and a master bypass in the FXL. In one loop I have my delay and chorus and in the other I run a Zvex box-o-rock with only the boost side on. I use this as a volume solo volume boost if needed and it works great. None of the amps I've owned in the past have had a 2nd master volume and I'd put my BE up against anything!

I use a ZVEX SHO in the loop of my JCM800 (metro loop). Plenty of volume boost. Sounds fat as hell too.

I love the Friedman stuff. Just can't justify that kind of money just gigging occasionally. Especially, when I dial in everything I play to sound like an 800 boosted with a TS9. :LOL: :LOL:

It's an expensive bedroom amp Mark ;) lol

Even if you start gigging again I doubt you'll be able to get it to ti's sweet spot and let it breath a bit. But you know what I think of 100 watt heads and small pub gigs ;) lol.

Enjoy her mind, as long as it makes you happy, that's what it is all about :)

I'm sure I'll be back gigging Ains ,, mind you if it sounds even better than it does at bedroom levels at a gig I will be doubly happy cos it sounds awesome to me even on low level .

I just went to 'like' that and realised we were on here lol.

Well i hope to hear it cranked in anger mate and see you playing live again soon bud !! You're one of the good guys and a great player so it would be a waste if you weren't.

old post but
my 2016 has a switchable boost on the back. its just a vol boost for the be hbe channels. no gain increase just vol.
it is located where the line out jack and pot were./
works just like the boogies.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 2,164
Back