Friedman Modifications Experience

a24fretman

I recently sent my Marshall/Gower JMP in for not only a basic overhaul, but for whatever repair Dave felt I needed and as well a loop Install.

My whole experience from start to finish was A+A+A+. I simply cannot say enough good things about the man, and his talent. The amp sounds amazing and the loop is perfect.

I cannot recommend Dave enough for those considering his work. He Listens to your concerns, offers suggestions to get you were you need to be, and you’ll get back an amazing product. Thanks Dave, for the Perfect experience!!!!!

BRAVO FRIEDMAN AMPLIFICATION!

Put in an order for a custom JJ-100. Can’t wait for it to come in. Have heard nothing but good things about Friedman and his team.

Put in an order for a custom JJ-100. Can’t wait for it to come in. Have heard nothing but good things about Friedman and his team.
Ya, your in for some A+ service and experience all the way. As busy as Dave is, he's still reasonable on his mods/timing etc. etc. with the amount of perfection that goes into his work. You'll be happy you did, its worth any wait.

I have owned a bunch of Friedman stuff from amps, to cabs to pedalboards. Al have been great. Happy to hear about the mods. He is going to work on some pre amps for me. If you ever need a lesson in how to run a business it is very easy-make a great product and take care of your customers-Dave does both.

Yes. Not only did I have a good experience with sending my amp to him for 2016 updates during a very busy period for him, but I would also call it probably the best customer service experience I have ever had.

Yes. Not only did I have a good experience with sending my amp to him for 2016 updates during a very busy period for him, but I would also call it probably the best customer service experience I have ever had.
Absolutley A+A+A+

Dave built me a custom BE-100 Deluxe with switches to mod it to a Butterslax and it was fast, professional and the end result is amazing in every way.

Dave built me a custom BE-100 Deluxe with switches to mod it to a Butterslax and it was fast, professional and the end result is amazing in every way.
I also had him add a SAT switch on the front just for the Smallbox channel which does NOT make it sound like Ch 1 of the Slax, it does it’s own thing... 😎 I’ll work on some clips, working next 6 days.

I remember last year around this time when things slowed to a crawl most everywhere, Dave on a Tone Talk YT session mentioned he had started doing mods more, since amp building was on hold at that time.

I hope those guys are recovering from those times, and I think he is, because I asked him about getting some stuff done just recently. He said check back in a couple of weeks because he was buried in work.

I'm happy that he is. Dave's a really good dude. I don't know how in the hell he gets all that work done, and still makes time to answer questions/give advice to all those that reach out to him.

Just powered up a SB50 the other day and completely forgot about how good it sounded. I can't believe today I was thinking about selling it just a couple of years ago.

I'm wondering what else he makes that would be like a 100W Smallbox.

I feel ya tlp1234! I have had many Amps modded over the past 30-40 years, and know what you may or may not run into, especially time wise.
I emailed Dave outta the blue, knowing how busy he was, and the extent of what I needed done. His exact reply to me was: sure, I can do it no problem. So again, considering how busy he is, his knowledge base and his advice, and the reasonable amount of time it took to reach that goal, I got back an amp that is beyond incredible.

I would say the same thing about Dan Gower. Just an incredible talent as well to work with.
But this is Dave’s thread and I’ll leave it as is.

So it's a BE, Smallbox & Slax?
YESSS. Regular off the shelf BE-100 Deluxe in a Slax headshell and a couple extra switches on the front. Same Smallbox Ch 1, with a separate SAT switch for just that channel. Then an added voicing switch on the front just labeled SLAX that changes Ch 2 & 3 to the more aggressive voicing of the SLAX, which you can have with or without the SAT for those channels on. It’s a BEAST. Gotta get some clips but no time to record anything these days. I’ll at least get a pic of it with the extra switches.

Have it with a matching 4x12 full of Creamback 65’s and the Slax 412-15 cab that I replaced the 2 top 12’s with Heritage G12H-30 55hz speakers and I use that cab to play bass through my Orange. 🤘🥳

Back