Fryette Pittbull Ultralead II

  • Thread starter Thread starter stephen sawall
  • Start date Start date
My opinion is that he should have started a second company for digital and analog amps like this racked unit, and he should leave what works well alone for Fryette to satisfy the big sound big amp crowd.
 
I loved my TriAxis Rack. The programmability was mint. Just set everything up with effects and recall it with 1 button. However, a Preamp and a Poweramp is not quite the same as an Amp Head.

Steve is going for all in one. If it's all analog with MIDI digital recall, that sounds great. 1 Rack for everything. You fuckin haters.. LOL :ROFLMAO:
 
I loved my TriAxis Rack. The programmability was mint. Just set everything up with effects and recall it with 1 button. However, a Preamp and a Poweramp is not quite the same as an Amp Head.

Steve is going for all in one. If it's all analog with MIDI digital recall, that sounds great. 1 Rack for everything. You fuckin haters.. LOL :ROFLMAO:
Is the preamp EQ (not the graphic) via MIDI? I thought it was just mechanical pots?
 
My opinion is that he should have started a second company for digital and analog amps like this racked unit, and he should leave what works well alone for Fryette to satisfy the big sound big amp crowd.
Or just not call this thing the Pittbull II. Could have even kept the Pittbull name and called it Pittbull Go or some crap AND brought back a real Pittbull II head.

Honestly, I can see how this could be very cool for a travelling musician. But what I waited years for was an actual Pittbull head. All analogue, no digital. I still find this depressing because besides the serviceability issues, I just know it’s not going to sound as good.
 
Or just not call this thing the Pittbull II. Could have even kept the Pittbull name and called it Pittbull Go or some crap AND brought back a real Pittbull II head.

Honestly, I can see how this could be very cool for a travelling musician. But what I waited years for was an actual Pittbull head. All analogue, no digital. I still find this depressing because besides the serviceability issues, I just know it’s not going to sound as good.

It may sound great anyways 🤷‍♂️

But there's definitely some serious questions about reliability and service issues that are undeniable, and they are big enough that I almost guarantee its going to hamper the sales of this thing

Especially for an amp in THIS price range that's a hard ask for the consumer, no matter how well it's implemented. Ask Peter Diezel. The VHX is an incredible amp and sounds phenomenal, but the problem is good fucking luck trying to find someone to fix it in 15 years. For a piece of gear in the stratosphere range of pricing that's just a complete non-starter.
 
The VHX is an incredible amp and sounds phenomenal, but the problem is good fucking luck trying to find someone to fix it in 15 years. For a piece of gear in the stratosphere range of pricing that's just a complete non-starter.
Looking forward to picking up ULII's as cheap project amps down the road.
 
Masochism knows no bounds.

Hey, if you can swing it you'll probably get a good deal on em.

I always miss these crazy deals when I have cash to spend, so someone must be picking them up - I assume thats you =)

I've been in a two month fight for my life with a rivera fandango combo PCB so I admit im biased
 
Hey, if you can swing it you'll probably get a good deal on em.

I always miss these crazy deals when I have cash to spend, so someone must be picking them up - I assume thats you =)
Yup, scooping up broken or partially-broken stuff is my primary gear-acquisition method. Though I'd be surprised if I've scooped something you were watching, given how far I am from the Northwest.

Also just... I'd like to trace out the circuit and make it public since Steve's attitude towards schematics annoys me. R2R and all that.
I've been in a two month fight for my life with a rivera fandango combo PCB so I admit im biased
Pulled up a picture online, that board looks a little busy.
 
I have a Diezel VHX with even more digital wizardry...if the digital breaks I'm screwed. So far so good, and the effects are good enough for my needs...

The digital components should be in a removeable module that can be replaced, upgraded or removed if it can be repaired. That would make these tube/digital amps more viable. IMO.

I got my VHX before getting a VP4 that I use with my JP-2C. I like having the digital box outside of the tube amp.
 
Yup, scooping up broken or partially-broken stuff is my primary gear-acquisition method. Though I'd be surprised if I've scooped something you were watching, given how far I am from the Northwest.

Also just... I'd like to trace out the circuit and make it public since Steve's attitude towards schematics annoys me. R2R and all that.

Pulled up a picture online, that board looks a little busy.

it is busy, but that's not the big issue - the issues is the board is thin and shitty and the components are even shittier.

Everything I do takes four times as long because i'm terrified of breaking everything in the same area code on the board

The busyness doesn't help for sure though
 
It seems to me folks who want to tour with the fryette UL sound and want all the things he talked about have been able to do that already with either synergy or an already existing model/capture in any number of much cheaper hardware.
If the things sounds amazing it’s going to move some units but I always wonder about these touring pro’s he talks about because I can’t remember ever seeing footage that wasn’t Page Hamilton of someone using Fryette on stage. John Christ from the early 90’s is a little out of date 😉. Only other instance that came to mind was Rob Caggiano, with Anthrax for the Big 4 concerts.
 
It seems to me folks who want to tour with the fryette UL sound and want all the things he talked about have been able to do that already with either synergy or an already existing model/capture in any number of much cheaper hardware.
If the things sounds amazing it’s going to move some units but I always wonder about these touring pro’s he talks about because I can’t remember ever seeing footage that wasn’t Page Hamilton of someone using Fryette on stage. John Christ from the early 90’s is a little out of date 😉. Only other instance that came to mind was Rob Caggiano, with Anthrax for the Big 4 concerts.

I thought John Christ used a Bedrock on those first couple Danzig albums? :unsure:
 
I’m just going on live concert footage from ‘93 or so. It may even be the Mother video where you can see a VHT behind him in the concert footage.

Oh I know he used them live, and in some videos, I just was pretty sure he used old marshalls and a bedrock for the first two albums
 
I just watched a bit of that video of the youtuber interviewing fryette about the monstrosity. It just makes me wonder how long this joke lasts. Why aren't we hearing how great it is instead of almost apologetic reasoning of why he did this dumb shit to begin with...

"Today's guitarist..." Hilarious
 
I just watched a bit of that video of the youtuber interviewing fryette about the monstrosity. It just makes me wonder how long this joke lasts. Why aren't we hearing how great it is instead of almost apologetic reasoning of why he did this dumb shit to begin with...

"Today's guitarist..." Hilarious
todays.jpg
 
Back
Top