FS: Friedman Modded JJ50 (Egnater Boutikit)

Junk Yard Dog

This is a Dave Friedman modded 2016 Egnater 50w P2P, hand-wired amp from Bruce's amp building class. I bought it from the original owner back in 2017 as a platform amp for modding. It comes in a 19x8x8" headshell, so it's VERY comfy and easy to transport. I'm a big fan of mini headshells when I gig.

I sat on it for 3 years while I had the BE50, BE100, Slax, and JJ100: I love them all. So I sent this to Dave in March of this year and asked him for a 1.5 Channel JJ50 that includes:
  • Friedman JJ BE channel with more gain
  • Friedman JBE channel with more gain.
    • Footswitchable (included as a single button)
    • Own master volume for JBE
  • EQ Switches/Knobs: 2 Way Voice, Fat/Tight, Gain Structure, C45
    • Voice is very subtle, but the others are very noticeable. I find the Treble knob is like a variable Voice knob, that makes up for it.
  • Thump and Response Knobs
  • More raw, cutting, chainsaw-like if you want it to, or dial it back to be softer/darker (Treble knob on this is crazy variable)
  • The Friedman Transparent FX loop
  • The Friedman Master Volumes with excellent tapers
  • Cleans up well with guitar volume
  • Great plexi tones using Gain Structure to dial it back
  • Quiet as can be
Dave delivered in spades. This is the most aggressive and brightest (if you desire) Friedman I've played. When I asked for the chainsaw, I got it.

I ran it as a 3 or 4 channel amp. EQ to taste, Gain at 2:00-3:00, Gain Structure on full gain:
  • Clean: using guitar volume and it's spanky and full
  • Rock/Dirty: Guitar volume full-on is rock (can boost this too for harder rock or early metal)
  • Hard Rock/80-90s Metal: Footswtich to JBE with matching volume or more JBE volume for a solo boost
  • Searing Metal: Boost the JBE if you want
I'm only selling it because I need the cash to apply toward my startup business. A couple of the guys here in Dallas have played it and agree it's balls out if you want it, and a bit more than the JJ100 in terms of gain and rawness. Exactly what I asked for. It's got a great punch for a 50watter and only gets better as the volume goes up, but you can still play it in an apartment and get great tones.

I've got all the email back and forth from Dave if you want to see it. $2,175 PP shipped CONT US. DM or post to ask me anything.

IMG-4038.jpg

IMG-4036.jpg

IMG-4037.jpg

Last edited:
Back