Gig cab with Redback and Creambacks?

how does this work?
Greenbacks top?

Slanted cab?
Straight cab.
Greenback on top. Anniversary on the bottom.

I tried it in a few different cabs. I didn't like X pattern. I never do.

It's a more vintage woody sound.

I'm try it to make my cabs sound as different as possible.

I have a 2x12 with EVM12L also.

1710072513315.jpg
20240314_163739.jpg

As you can see I have a empty cab. Thinking about getting some Redback and G12M-65 Creamback.

My two main cabs for over twenty years was greenback / V30 and G12H-30 70th Anniversary / V30.
Sounds like you are a cab/speaker junkie like I am—I’ve got an EV loaded 2x12 as well. I agree 100% about x pattern mixing, never liked it. My idea of a perfect weekend afternoon is swapping 5-6 different cabs through the same amp 🤦‍♂️

To me they are plenty tight with the right amp but I don't play right metal. I like more chunky stuff. I like mixing Reds wirh V30s, CL80s. Worried H75s will make it too brash and harsh.
Even my Greenback and M65s are plenty tight.

This sounds about how tight I like my speakers, including Redbacks:

Dude I know this is old but I just sat here bumping to it for a minute. Lol

I picked up a redback soldano 1x12 last week (discounted demo from sweetwater). Been loving my redback this weekend, but when combining it with other speakers it never got me as excited as other combos.

Traditionally Greenbacks are my favorite single speaker. Now I want to revisit this.
I'm going to do this again when I'm not rushed.

I was surprised that the Lynchbak & Creamback 65 together came out on top to my ears, and also to my sons. The Lynchbak was punchier on rhythms. Cream is just so smooth. They complimented really really nicely. Bummer that we can't easily get that LB anymore. The LB is not my favorite on it's own but this worked today.

Red / Cream
Red / Green
Red / Lynch
Red / V30 - none of these three was as cool as LB / CB

Greenback / Creamback was too similar, didn't make anything feel better and a waste of time.
V30's just bummed me out whenever I mixed them with another, they are cool with Greens of course.

I'll do it again someday, just ran out of time and objectivity.

Everyone is different. I have all the speakers listed here and now all my cabs are redback/v30(UK).
I s I'll have all my other speakers da piled up in my music room in case I want to swap. Use what works for you. V30/RB works best for me. :)
I retired my Creambacks though.
I the end in a band mix, the differences were smaller. I just caring less about speakers these days. I still get good tones out of all my cabs regardless, so I'll stay. Lol.

PS that’s the truth

I’m in the minority for my dislike of vintage 30s. It’s a blessing to have all these speakers and all of the tones were really great compared to what I had to work with in the past.

Shit I had good tones tonight out of my FM nine in my quiet room. Doesn’t mean that that’s my favorite but it sure as hell worked. 🤟🏻

I know...thats why I am asking...I have the H30 75hz and they overpower every M magnet speaker I have tried...
That's why you put the GB's on top and the Annis on bottom. Best sounding 4x12's I ever owned had this combo, they were a couple of Mojave 4x12's that I lost in a fire.

Currently in my 2x12 I'm running a Anni and V30, sounds great. I like mixing V30's with something as all V30's is a little to much for me but they mix well.

Eventually I'll load my old beater Marshall 4x12 with the GB/Anni combo though don't know if it will recreate that Mojave sound. Those cabs were a work of art, built by the late Peter Mather who built alot of high end stuff for manufacturers.

To me they are plenty tight with the right amp but I don't play right metal. I like more chunky stuff. I like mixing Reds wirh V30s, CL80s. Worried H75s will make it too brash and harsh.
Even my Greenback and M65s are plenty tight.

This sounds about how tight I like my speakers, including Redbacks:

On this vid I like the M65's first, then the 77's, then the K100 and least of all the RB's...they just sounded hollow. I owned an oversize Marshall cab with the 100's that lasted one gig, greatly disliked those things. Actually the more I hear samples of the 77's the more I dig.

This is one of those threads where what style of music you play really, really, really matters

I think redbacks sound fantastic with certain amps/styles, but there's no universe in which I would ever call them "tight"

I was under the impression that the reason they're commonly used with V30s is because the v30s are tight and mid focused and the RBs are deep and bring the low end, and they balance eachother out

I love creambacks, but after a half a decade of Reza youtube videos I don't think I ever want to hear one again lol

Straight cab.
Greenback on top. Anniversary on the bottom.

I tried it in a few different cabs. I didn't like X pattern. I never do.

It's a more vintage woody sound.

I'm try it to make my cabs sound as different as possible.

I have a 2x12 with EVM12L also.

View attachment 296618View attachment 296621
As you can see I have a empty cab. Thinking about getting some Redback and G12M-65 Creamback.
Stephen those old Peavey the Butcher/VTM cabs...lord those things were built like a brick house. If I ever find one around my area I'm buying it and stripping the tolex off down to the wood. Cleaning it up. Friend had one he did that too and it sounded fantastic.

This is one of those threads where what style of music you play really, really, really matters

I think redbacks sound fantastic with certain amps/styles, but there's no universe in which I would ever call them "tight"

I was under the impression that the reason they're commonly used with V30s is because the v30s are tight and mid focused and the RBs are deep and bring the low end, and they balance eachother out

I love creambacks, but after a half a decade of Reza youtube videos I don't think I ever want to hear one again lol
Nailed it. I have no clue how a Redback could ever be considered tight. They’re big, fat, chewy, and bring the lows and low mids, thus the sweet pairing with V30’s. In fact a pair of Reds will loosen up most speaker combos they’re used in.

Nailed it. I have no clue how a Redback could ever be considered tight. They’re big, fat, chewy, and bring the lows and low mids, thus the sweet pairing with V30’s. In fact a pair of Reds will loosen up most speaker combos they’re used in.

I think this is a music genre "lost in translation" thing, as OP said he plays classic rock type stuff

Stephen those old Peavey the Butcher/VTM cabs...lord those things were built like a brick house. If I ever find one around my area I'm buying it and stripping the tolex off down to the wood. Cleaning it up. Friend had one he did that too and it sounded fantastic.
I bought two more of the old Peavey cabs since I posted this. They were empty. Now have two straight and one slant. Currently at seven 4x12.

I want to buy a pair of M65 creamback and Redback.

Back