Going to order a Wizard MTL Mark II - suggestions?

Veritas0Aequitas

Hi,

Going to order a Wizard MTL Mark II.

Anyone with experience with these have any suggestions before I order it? Anything to know on specs, aesthetics, etc?

Thank you!

I don't think there's really gonna be anyone out there with one of these yet except Reza, and he don't come round these parts anymore. Clips are clips, but Reza's youtube clips of the Mark II lead me to believe the new sweep knob tailors the whole eq section and maybe brings some more upper mids/prescence possibly. The blacked out 'vader" look is really cool.

Mine is struggling to get out of Canada a week after being shipped. I'm seeing some movement today though. lol Normally doesn't take this long. Hopefully I'll have by Saturday or early next week.

mhenson42":3gmdt3tq said:
Mine is struggling to get out of Canada a week after being shipped. I'm seeing some movement today though. lol Normally doesn't take this long. Hopefully I'll have by Saturday or early next week.

:cheers:

mhenson42":3f4nx0lx said:

Please update us when you get it! Would love to hear about it.

I own 3 MTLs now. The MK2 is the best of the 3. It’s not worlds apart from the older 2016 Mk1 I own but it is better. The sweep knob makes the amp a lot more versatile and gives it a really nice grind which I love

I own 3 MTLs now. The MK2 is the best of the 3. It’s not worlds apart from the older 2016 Mk1 I own but it is better. The sweep knob makes the amp a lot more versatile and gives it a really nice grind which I love
Just got my hands on one.

AYICoyX.jpg

That was one of them.

Was going to order a new build, but found this one. I think it has a few problems. Trying to get it worked out without having to return it to the seller.

I pm'd you @ TGP with some questions on it. As in technical/operational questions.

Why the crickets?
Just saw your message.. responded there.

Just saw your message.. responded there.
Thank you Matt for your time!

Enjoyed the chat the other day.

Yeah....the MTL-MKII didn't work out after all, so back it went.

As soon as the refund clears, gonna order new build MCII from Rick.

Still trying to decide between the EL, or KT150. Leaning towards the KT. All though I don't believe any video is a substitute for live demo, it's better than nothing. Still hunting a KT150 video.....................

I'm kind of in the same situation. I'm trying to decide on a new build between a KT 75 MCII, or 75 or 34 MCII/MTL hybrid or maybe straight MTL MkII. What didn't you like about the MTL MKII?

I'm kind of in the same situation. I'm trying to decide on a new build between a KT 75 MCII, or 75 or 34 MCII/MTL hybrid or maybe straight MTL MkII. What didn't you like about the MTL MKII?
More gain in the preamp stages than I could ever use. So much, that IT SEEMS the amp can be made unstable if set up wrong. Yes some would say, just don't use all that gain, and yes they would be correct. A few other things not worth mentioning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm used to the MC's and MCII's. I find them idiot proof for idiots like me. I'm an old school dinosaur. I don't use pedals. That's not meant to dis pedal users. I've heard phenomenal stuff from pedals and rigs that make no sense to me.

I can understand how the MTL MKII would be great for metal players (which I'm not). I love Ricks builds. The MTL MKII was not for me. I am probably too stupid to set it up properly. I'm certain that is most of the problem. A rig like that is truly wasted on someone like me.

I'll just stick to the MC's and MCII's. I can get anything I want out of those.

I'm 63. Just a stupid old geezer enjoying some toys in my second childhood. Stuff I could no way afford when I was a kid. :p

Any of the 3 a KT200?

Trying to find more about these.

Seriously considering MTL MKII KT200.

The KT200 is definitely overkill unless you can play at gig volume - but it hits so hard it’s plain stupid. Also have a KT150 MCII coming soon hopefully. Can’t go wrong with any wattage Wizard, they all sound fantastic.

Yeah....the MTL-MKII didn't work out after all, so back it went.

As soon as the refund clears, gonna order new build MCII from Rick.
Does Rick do refunds/exchanges on recently bought amps?

Does Rick do refunds/exchanges on recently bought amps?
My amp was used, which I'll never buy a used Wizard again, only new from now on. I just placed an order for a new KT200 MTL.

As far as Rick, not aware of his return policy on anything. And you should email Rick directly with questions like these.

The KT200 is definitely overkill unless you can play at gig volume - but it hits so hard it’s plain stupid. Also have a KT150 MCII coming soon hopefully. Can’t go wrong with any wattage Wizard, they all sound fantastic.
Yup, just got a new build MCII KT150. To my ears, the extra muscle of the KT88's give the amp a slightly different character which I like. All power sections differences are subtle, but this one is just enough to make the difference I was looking for. I'm counting on that same thing for the KT200 MTL.

Yup, just got a new build MCII KT150. To my ears, the extra muscle of the KT88's give the amp a slightly different character which I like. All power sections differences are subtle, but this one is just enough to make the difference I was looking for. I'm counting on that same thing for the KT200 MTL.
You'll dig it, the KT120 tubes are gigantic...makes a 6L6 seem like a preamp tube.

Back